Reflective Tape

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rollin thunder

Reflective Tape

Post by rollin thunder »

:roll: Hey everybody. Hope you're surviving this weather. I'm thinking about putting reflector tape on my Blackjacks wheels. Since they're red, what color tape do you think would look best? Black or Red. Hellllp Meeeee
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Kind of depends on where/how you're going to put it on.

There's thin (but effective) rim tape that may look good in black. From what I've seen, though, black reflective material never works as well as red/orange/white/silver.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

funny this should come up today... Can't help with the wheels, but I just adorned my whip with several small strips of the DOT reflective tape I was able to get my hands on... same type used on trucks, city busses, fire trucks, and other highway vehicles. I decorated my helmets, topcase, and back of the mothership. It is ridiculously reflective, the pictures show just how reflective it was from the flash of my cellphone camera. It is like having extra lights behind me. Get a small roll and go to town!

http://dottape.com/index.php/
Attachments
CIMG0419.jpg
CIMG0419.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 775 times
CIMG0424.jpg
CIMG0424.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 775 times
without the flash
without the flash
CIMG0418.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 775 times
CIMG0411.jpg
CIMG0411.jpg (22.17 KiB) Viewed 775 times
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i tried putting tape around the "rim" of my wheels and it didn't work out. its just not pliable enough. i think you would need that special kind eric mentioned. otherwise you could just sort of patch some on, sure

i am a big fan of reflective tape, myself

go ahead, guess which scooter is mine if you can! yeah, thats what i thought. not as easy as you might think, is it?

:rofl:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ok maybe thats too hard. what about now? :nerd:

AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

Check my rally pictures post in the gallery. I used red reflective vinyl that I had from a previous project and I think it turned out great. That has been several months ago and mine has held up great. Good luck.
cdwise

Post by cdwise »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:funny this should come up today... Can't help with the wheels, but I just adorned my whip with several small strips of the DOT reflective tape I was able to get my hands on... same type used on trucks, city busses, fire trucks, and other highway vehicles. I decorated my helmets, topcase, and back of the mothership. It is ridiculously reflective, the pictures show just how reflective it was from the flash of my cellphone camera. It is like having extra lights behind me. Get a small roll and go to town!

http://dottape.com/index.php/
http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/generic50.html black to reflects what is very bright