I'm in Scoot! Magazine!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dakotamouse

I'm in Scoot! Magazine!

Post by dakotamouse »

Well not exactly me but my alter-ego. My December magazine arrived today and after supper I sat down to relax and enjoy........kinda like having desert.

On page 35 there it was! My scooter girl pin. ScootMoto caries it and the magazine featured it in their Scooter Collector article.

:D Really made my day, especially since scooting is many months away. This weekend we are expecting -20 degree temps.............spring can't come too soon!
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
black sunshine

Re: I'm in Scoot! Magazine!

Post by black sunshine »

dakotamouse wrote:Well not exactly me but my alter-ego. My December magazine arrived today and after supper I sat down to relax and enjoy........kinda like having desert.

On page 35 there it was! My scooter girl pin. ScootMoto caries it and the magazine featured it in their Scooter Collector article.

:D Really made my day, especially since scooting is many months away. This weekend we are expecting -20 degree temps.............spring can't come too soon!
congratulations!!! and i feel you on the waiting to scoot - the snowstorm in Atlanta has me house-bound for the past day and 1/2, and even then it's gonna be cold enough to keep me in my cage until i get my winter riding pants . . .
easy

Post by easy »

Atl sucks today Im iced in at a truckstop in Catersville on my way to Lowes in Gainesville Ga. Listing to traffic reports of trks jackknive everywhere
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

This weekend we were in the far west end of the state for a pool tournament. The trip home was horrible. Freezing rain coated the road and then it was covered with loose snow that billowed up whenever a car felt they just had to pass. We lost count after the first 7 semis in the ditch. There were a bunch of cars and even a highway patrol car wrecked. Keep in mind we are pros up here when it comes to snow skills but this sucked! :(
rvillegas77

Post by rvillegas77 »

70 degrees in So Cal :P
TVB

Post by TVB »

dakotamouse wrote:This weekend we were in the far west end of the state for a pool tournament. The trip home was horrible. Freezing rain coated the road and then it was covered with loose snow that billowed up whenever a car felt they just had to pass. We lost count after the first 7 semis in the ditch. There were a bunch of cars and even a highway patrol car wrecked. Keep in mind we are pros up here when it comes to snow skills but this sucked! :(
I consider myself varsity-level when it comes to winter driving, but yeah: North Dakotans are the pros.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Come on 'Mouse' you really got my hopes up!!!! :wink: :wink:

And to those of you who live 'down south: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Here in central we've only a whopping 1 inch (in my yard) of snow all season :cry: :cry:
It's been cCold though, temps in the 20's & 30's but I've still been riding 'cause my Jeep ain't inspected anymore :headache:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

rvillegas77 wrote:70 degrees in So Cal :P

Cruel!!!!!!! :cry:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

dakotamouse wrote:

Not everywhere in SoCal, it's only been in the low 60s here. :)

Congrats on getting in Scoot! The MB community has had pretty good representation in the mag, which is cool.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

ericalm wrote:
dakotamouse wrote:

I wish it was that warm!!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

KABarash wrote:
ericalm wrote:
dakotamouse wrote:
I wish it was that warm!!
It will be, just wait till late May early June :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Here in northwest Florida it bumped up into the 40s with a killer wind, but it's supposed to be in the 20s tonight. That's ok, next week will probably be in the 60s or 70s, then cold for a couple days again. Just enought to make you appreciate the coming heat and humidity.