[NSR] any nerf nerds out there?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JSharpPhoto

[NSR] any nerf nerds out there?

Post by JSharpPhoto »

I know there's a big S.P.A.Z. scene here, which may cross over into Humans Vs Zombies players, which leads me to ask....

Are there any other nerf nerds on MB?

I'm a grown man (28 years old) and I'm not ashamed to say that I love nerf warfare. It's like paintball, but cheaper and much less cleanup.

Any other takers?

I've modded my nerf revolvers to shoot whistler darts up to 65 feet.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I'm not a NerfNerd but shooting whistlers 65 feet sounds wicked cool!
I used to have great Nerf wars with my kids when they were young.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Nothing like paintball :lol: nerf doesn't hurt
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

ScooterTrash wrote:Nothing like paintball :lol: nerf doesn't hurt
Yea and cleanup is the least of your worries. Paintball is fun but nerf stuff is pretty cool too. I'll admit I play Frisbee football and sometimes disk golf, but haven't tried and nerf warfare type games.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

My wife bought a set of two Nerf guns recently. Ever since, there is always a threat of being shot when opening a door.
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

haha, what an unlikely thread... I admit I bought my nephew a Nerf gun for Christmas just so I could have someone to play with. :P His parent's weren't too keen on that. I've never tinkered with them to get it to shoot farther, but that sounds like something I'd like to try on rainy weekend or something. Tell me more...
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

I could do with more range on mine, maybe a heavier gauge spring?
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

bigbropgo wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:Nothing like paintball :lol: nerf doesn't hurt
Yea and cleanup is the least of your worries. Paintball is fun but nerf stuff is pretty cool too. I'll admit I play Frisbee football and sometimes disk golf, but haven't tried and nerf warfare type games.
I disc golf every day :D when it's warm anyway
R.McLeod

Post by R.McLeod »

My nephew has the battery powered assault riffle. I could see having some good battles with that. There's definitely enough gear available to support a following.

ScooterTrash wrote:I disc golf every day :D when it's warm anyway
Excellent! I'm playing a tournament tomorrow (Ice Bowl). You on DGCR?
Go Team Venture!
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

Halloweenie wrote:I could do with more range on mine, maybe a heavier gauge spring?
Remove the air restictors, and a heavier spring. Kind of like modding a buddy. :D
wifiducky

Post by wifiducky »

i need some S.P.A.z. down here in houston with me XD im so lonely with all the zombie attacks ... --- ... / -. . .-- / ... .--. .- --.. / .. -. / .... --- ..- ... - --- -. / ... --- ... / ... --- ... / ... --- ... / -. . . -.. / ... .--. .- --.. / .. -. / .... --- ..- ... - --- -. / --.. --- -- -... .. . ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ..- - / - .... . / ... --- ..- - .... / ... .. -.. . / .- -. -.. / - .... . / . .- ... - / ... .. -.. . / ... --- ... / -. . . -.. / .... . .-.. .--. anyways a Nerf war sounds like fun :D
i am a nerfnerd i must say
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

my kid is nerf obssessed. I bought the belt fed battery powered fully automatic machine gun thinking I'd be able to hose my son before he was able to get a shot off :lol: Unfortunately it jams more often than not and it takes forever to reload and I'm the one who ends up getting hosed :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

Thats why I like the maverick. Simple revolver style pistol. And unlike the guns with a clip, you fan use ANY type of ammo, they're the easiest to modify, and the only ten bucks.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

My son (22) and I (51) have the full arsenal, I bought him his first when he was 5 and we've been taking pot shots at each other ever since.... :D
The full automatic are fantastic, the belt fed is problematic yet the 36 round drum mag can be substituted into the M-4 like one that only had the 'stacked mags'
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

WOW... I feel completely relieved to see this thread. I'm also 28, one of my christmas gifts was a small nerf six shooter pistol style gun in clear green. Our neighborhood nerf wars were fairly epic as a kid. (imagine trench warfare in a construction site) I am really happy to have my nerf gun! My friends have kids, and they have nerf guns, so i'm going to try and get in on the nerf wars again.
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

if you want to make your maverick even more awesome, PM me.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I may get in to this since I'm having a boy
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

JSharpPhoto wrote:Thats why I like the maverick. Simple revolver style pistol. And unlike the guns with a clip, you fan use ANY type of ammo, they're the easiest to modify, and the only ten bucks.
That's what I have, the maverick. I got my nephew the hyperfire because he had a really hard time cocking the maverick (he just turned 4). His seems like it has more power than mine too.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

The only real problem I have with 'playing' with the nerf guns is where I constantly find darts, my bed, the refrigerator, my boots, the fish tanks, they are ALL over the place, I think I've even had one in the 'glove tray' of my Buddy in the garage!!

Fun is fun, no matter how you 'spell' it..... I refuse to grow up!
Attachments
My son, home on leave from IraQ
My son, home on leave from IraQ
n904105511_5923856_3987.jpg (27.31 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Nullius in verba
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

ScooterTrash wrote:I may get in to this since I'm having a boy
Congratulations on having a boy. After reading this thread, I may have to look into it also. Sounds like fun.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

i don't recommend painting nerf guns. All of my awesome mods on my mavericks have now been undone. Some how during reassembly, something got out of whack, and my range went from 55-60 feet, to about 20 feet (with a jam rate of about 2-3 out of 4). I'm hesitant to take these into battle. I need to get them sorted. Although, i could just buy new ones. They're only 9$.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm just amazed by how much cooler Nerf stuff is now than when I was a kid.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

KABarash wrote:The only real problem I have with 'playing' with the nerf guns is where I constantly find darts, my bed, the refrigerator, my boots, the fish tanks, they are ALL over the place, I think I've even had one in the 'glove tray' of my Buddy in the garage!!

I have that same nerf gun. Does yours jam like crazy?
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
KABarash wrote:The only real problem I have with 'playing' with the nerf guns is where I constantly find darts, my bed, the refrigerator, my boots, the fish tanks, they are ALL over the place, I think I've even had one in the 'glove tray' of my Buddy in the garage!!

I have that same nerf gun. Does yours jam like crazy?
No jams, just careful loading of the belt.
We've acquired 4 or 5 more belts somehow, I'm trying to figure how to link them all!! :twisted:
I had my then 2 year old grandson lying in wait in ambush for my lady friend at the top of the stairs once, she's been hesitant walking into my house ever since..... :roll:
Nullius in verba
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

ericalm wrote:I'm just amazed by how much cooler Nerf stuff is now than when I was a kid.
When I was a kid we had Nerf balls, period, that's it!
As a teen they came out with the 'Nerf Disk' It was like a Frisbee. (You know, I think I still have it)
Nullius in verba