Anyone seen Scoot Magazine issue #59?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

birdmove

Anyone seen Scoot Magazine issue #59?

Post by birdmove »

They do a dyno comparo of a 125cc Buddy, and a 150cc Buddy. Whats surprising is that the 150 really only shows an advanteg at from 0-about b2- mph. Basically, from there on, the 125 makes more power. Top hp for the 150 was 6.59. For the 125 6.04. These are actual rear wheel hp of course. At about 11mph, the 150 has, maybe, a 2 hp advantage. There should easily be enough hp difference that a 150 rider should feel a pretty good differene fropm 0-about 20 mph. After that, the 125 stays ahead, much of the chart gives it about a 1.0 hp advantage.

To me, looking at this chart and knowing the the kind of riding I do, the only reason to get a 150cc would be if it is freeway legal and the 125 isn't. Granted-this is a test of just these two particular scooters, and one or both could be atypical in some way. But, from what I sxee--I'd but a 125 and save some bucks.

Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
bosco
Dealer

dyno.

Post by bosco »

We did that compare at the shop. As well as the LX vespa in carb'd and injected versions.

It proved that the little 125 buddy is a good bang for the buck.
Our dyno getting a workout. That is Chris from the shop and Josh from scoot!
That Scooter Guy

Post by That Scooter Guy »

Do you guys have the torque readings? I didn't see any in the article. Was just curious.