I am a Blackjack owner!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AtlBuddy

I am a Blackjack owner!!!

Post by AtlBuddy »

Well, we put our 50's on consignment yesterday and planned on selling them and getting the new 170's but they had a Blackjack that I have loved since I first saw them over a year ago. We ended up making a deal and getting the blackjack and a St. Tropez.

The bike is so much fun to ride with the performance parts and I lve that mean sounding exhaust. I had wanted one for a while but had decided that the 170 would be faster, however once I added all the performance goodies to a 170 it would be over $4000. The 170's may be faster but I don't think a stock one will hold a candle to the cool factor of the Blackjack. I have a few mods planned for the blackjack but really not much this time around.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

Congrats on getting a Blackjack, if it's anything like mine, it will be a constant source of joy.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

congrats on the Black Jack, but I'm sorry to hear you had to give up your awesome 50 to get it. I can only imagine that it was a bit difficult after puttting so much time into it.

I myself am thinking about selling my 50 only because I have been so busy at work for the last three years that I just havn't had time to work on it the way I want to, and I almost always ride the sh150 when I go to work. Guess we'll just have to see how things go this spring.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

upgrading! 8)
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

jasondavis48108 wrote:congrats on the Black Jack, but I'm sorry to hear you had to give up your awesome 50 to get it. I can only imagine that it was a bit difficult after puttting so much time into it.

I myself am thinking about selling my 50 only because I have been so busy at work for the last three years that I just havn't had time to work on it the way I want to, and I almost always ride the sh150 when I go to work. Guess we'll just have to see how things go this spring.
Thanks. I loved my 50 but need something more for some of the hills in Atlanta. I had done everything I wanted to do to the 50 and had I kept it I probably would have started adding chrome vents to it from Auto Zone.

We took the bikes out today and the exhaust on the Blackjack got a lot of attention. I love that mean sounding exhaust. I plan to keep my Blackjack pretty low key since it is pretty sweet out of the box.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

AtlBuddy wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:congrats on the Black Jack, but I'm sorry to hear you had to give up your awesome 50 to get it. I can only imagine that it was a bit difficult after puttting so much time into it.

Thanks. I loved my 50 but need something more for some of the hills in Atlanta. I had done everything I wanted to do to the 50 and had I kept it I probably would have started adding chrome vents to it from Auto Zone.

We took the bikes out today and the exhaust on the Blackjack got a lot of attention. I love that mean sounding exhaust. I plan to keep my Blackjack pretty low key since it is pretty sweet out of the box.
yeah, best to avoid the autozone makeover :) I totally understand the wanting more power thing. I love my Buddy and it will do a pretty constistat 50pmh now with the mods, but 50 seems real slow now that I have the sh150 and quite hoenstly I hate how long the Buddy takes to get to 50mph. Still I just havn't been able to part with it as I'm hoping to be able to kit it here fairly soon. If I could get it to do 50mph and get it to that speed fairly quickly I think I'd enjoy it more. I still think my Buddy 50 looks better than the sh150, maybe that's another reason I havn't put it up for sale yet.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

w00t. another BJ on the road. have a blast!
Riding is riding
BoneGirl

Congrats

Post by BoneGirl »

I really like the BlackJack but never got used to the loudness of the pipe. :cry: It lasted til I got home and the stock pipe went on. Also liked the better gas mileage without the Prima...I know, I know....what a GIRL! :P

Have a blast!
TCaruso

Post by TCaruso »

I put a deposit on a Blackjack last week but I'm now very undecided. I don't know weather to stick with the BJ with an upgraded exhaust or wait for the 170.

The BJ with the slick Prima exhaust, NCY components and adjustable rear shock are big pluses. The 170 with its bigger engine and fuel injection are great. As for looks, it's another tie between the flat black and the British racing green.

I'm a 300lb rider who likes to go fast. I'm seriously working on losing some weight which will make things easier on the scooter and my life.

Blackjack or 170? Your thoughts?
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

TCaruso wrote:I put a deposit on a Blackjack last week but I'm now very undecided. I don't know weather to stick with the BJ with an upgraded exhaust or wait for the 170.

The BJ with the slick Prima exhaust, NCY components and adjustable rear shock are big pluses. The 170 with its bigger engine and fuel injection are great. As for looks, it's another tie between the flat black and the British racing green.

I'm a 300lb rider who likes to go fast. I'm seriously working on losing some weight which will make things easier on the scooter and my life.

You'll likely be able to write a MUCH better deal on a Blackjack, than the 170 FI as the deep discounting probably won't apply to the 170 FI for some time (ESPECIALLY so long as there are unsold Internationals, BJ's, and other 2009 models languishing in warehouses far and wide. And they are)

So in that regard you'll be doing your wallet, Genuine, AND your dealer a favor and still be getting a really, really cool scooter that's a hoot to ride (I'm a big guy too) and has a unique look and attitude to it.
TCaruso

Post by TCaruso »

You'll likely be able to write a MUCH better deal on a Blackjack, than the 170 FI as the deep discounting probably won't apply to the 170 FI for some time (ESPECIALLY so long as there are unsold Internationals, BJ's, and other 2009 models languishing in warehouses far and wide. And they are)

So in that regard you'll be doing your wallet, Genuine, AND your dealer a favor and still be getting a really, really cool scooter that's a hoot to ride (I'm a big guy too) and has a unique look and attitude to it.[/quote]

You're right, Matt. The dealer is waiving delivery and prep, installing the Prima exhaust plus a cargo rack and discounting the bike $150. It's his last BJ and he's out of 150's.

But I still wonder if the bigger engine and FI would be a better fit.
Legadia

Post by Legadia »

TCaruso wrote:I put a deposit on a Blackjack last week but I'm now very undecided. I don't know weather to stick with the BJ with an upgraded exhaust or wait for the 170.

I had the same question a few months ago. I was in the market to get a scooter and fell in love with the BJ the first time I saw it. While on vacation in FL over the winter, I happened to find myself in a scooter store. I started talking to a couple of the employees about the BJ and how I couldn't wait till February, which is when I planned on purchasing it. They said the BJ was great, but that the new 170's would be out soon. This was news to me...and suddenly I was faced with a dilema. BJ or 170?!?! After thinking about it for a couple months, I decided on the BJ...simply because I'm not really a fan of the look of the 170 compared to the sexiness of the Black Jack. Was it a wise choice in regards to power? I honestly have no clue, I'm sure someone here could give me (and you) a pretty good answer about that. I DO know, however, that I really really enjoy my Black Jack! Puts a silly grin on my face every time I ride :)
TVB

Post by TVB »

I don't think I've ever heard of someone who had a BJ and didn't enjoy having one.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

TVB wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of someone who had a BJ and didn't enjoy having one.

Oh.dear.
CupcakeLawyer

Post by CupcakeLawyer »

:rofl:
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

TVB wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of someone who had a BJ and didn't enjoy having one.
pics of the BJ please! :D
TVB

Post by TVB »

gearhead wrote:pics of the BJ please! :D
TCaruso

Post by TCaruso »

Legadia wrote:

I had the same question a few months ago. I was in the market to get a scooter and fell in love with the BJ the first time I saw it. While on vacation in FL over the winter, I happened to find myself in a scooter store. I started talking to a couple of the employees about the BJ and how I couldn't wait till February, which is when I planned on purchasing it. They said the BJ was great, but that the new 170's would be out soon. This was news to me...and suddenly I was faced with a dilema. BJ or 170?!?! After thinking about it for a couple months, I decided on the BJ...simply because I'm not really a fan of the look of the 170 compared to the sexiness of the Black Jack. Was it a wise choice in regards to power? I honestly have no clue, I'm sure someone here could give me (and you) a pretty good answer about that. I DO know, however, that I really really enjoy my Black Jack! Puts a silly grin on my face every time I ride :)
I've decided to stick with the Blackjack. My dealer only has the one bike available. The soaring fuel costs has got his shop booming and he's getting cleaned out of inventory. If I passed on the BJ, I'd have to settle for a Kymco or TnG. That ain't happenin.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

^ say what you will about "settling," but pls don't use Kymco and TnG in the same sentence regarding the matter!

at least with Kymco you would have settled much higher :helmet:

congrats on the Blackjack, though. i was out riding this morning and woo hoo what a blast!
Riding is riding
TCaruso

Post by TCaruso »

JHScoot wrote:^ say what you will about "settling," but pls don't use Kymco and TnG in the same sentence regarding the matter!

at least with Kymco you would have settled much higher :helmet:

congrats on the Blackjack, though. i was out riding this morning and woo hoo what a blast!
What I'm saying is that my dealer is a Genuine, TnG, Kymco dealer. The only genuine scoots he's got left are a few 125s a BJ and a Blur. No Internationals.