"Scooter Only" parking?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tocsik

"Scooter Only" parking?

Post by Tocsik »

Hey, I was walking around the Anshutz Medical Campus today (the weather was great!) and came across this:

Image.

I thought that was pretty cool! They even installed rails for locking up.
There were only 2 scooters parked there today (no, they aren't invisible; they just weren't parked under one of the signs). I'll snap a picture later this summer and we'll see how many collect.
Anyone else ever see dedicated scooter parking?
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

I have seen it for motorcycles but never scooter specific. That's really cool. If it has a place for lockup then it must be legit. I know you can buy those signs online. (Something similar anyway)
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Smiley13

Scooter Parking

Post by Smiley13 »

That is legit. Maybe we will see more of that type of parking. I wish that Tucson would do something like that. Then your scoot wont get hit if you park in a parking space. Which has happened to me in the past.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Love that! And with the rail too. Let's hope it's a trend.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
JoshWED

Post by JoshWED »

if this is a hospital, it might be a different type of scooter... :roll:
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

JoshWED wrote:if this is a hospital, it might be a different type of scooter... :roll:
Nah, it's a huge medical campus (227 acres). The Children's Hospital, University Hospital, Research facilities, the new VA hospital and the Medical School, Nursing School, Dental School etc, etc are all on campus. Including the old Fitzsimmons Army Hospital where President Eisenhower stayed after his heart attack. He ran the country from there for 6 weeks. There's even a golf course!

http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/denver/Pa ... ampus.aspx

There's tons of young folks on campus and scooters parked everywhere last year. This was the first time I saw this. It's on the side of a building around the corner from one of many bike racks where a bunch of scooters parked mixed in with the bikes.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I like it! If only these ingenious "city planners" would come up with similar setups in busy commuter and shopping areas. 1 car spot can hold at least 3 scooters, I'd gladly lock up and not obnoxiousy take a discreet spot on the sidewalk! (out of the way of peds of course :wink: )
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

I posted a pic a few months ago of 4 buddies parked in Decatur, Ga at a scooter parking only spot. There are a about 4 of these spots in the diatom area and they have a specific sign that says "Scooter Parking Only". There is also a message underneath that's says nothing over 250cc but motorcycles park here frequently as well. The awesome thing is that the parking is free where as all the other parking in these areas are either garage or metered spaces. There are quite a few scooters running around here and it so nice to feel welcomed by the city.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Life in Lancaster PA
Attachments
AmishScooterLarge.jpg
AmishScooterLarge.jpg (89.43 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba