[NSR] Cafe Racing Through Paris (Chanel)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

[NSR] Cafe Racing Through Paris (Chanel)

Post by ericalm »

Long version of a spot for Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle featuring Keira Knightley on a sweet custom cafe bike. Sure, there's some sexy stuff in the middle, but not as sexy as the bike shots at beginning & end. :)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wB8q635SARI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can anyone ID the bike? Maybe a Norton? A trussed up CB750? I found some stills from the shoot on gossip sites, but nothing close enough from me to see anything other than the 750 painted on the side cover.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

After the cool motorcycle riding intro, that just got annoying in that unique perfume commercial kind of way. But it is a sweet bike! I'm guessing a CB750. And Keira has excellent riding posture.
Last edited by Skootz Kabootz on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

You'll have to get an expert to say for sure, but it looks a lot like a 1972 Ducati 750 Sport.
Attachments
Ducati750Sport1972.jpg
Ducati750Sport1972.jpg (78.08 KiB) Viewed 521 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jrsjr wrote:You'll have to get an expert to say for sure, but it looks a lot like a 1972 Ducati 750 Sport.
Obviously not an expert, but that's almost definitely the one. All the details match up.
Skootz Kabootz wrote:After the motorcycle riding intro that just got annoying that that unique perfume commercial kind of way. But it is a sweet bike! I'm guessing a CB750. And Keira has excellent riding posture.
I've never been much of a fan of hers, but I have been a fan of Chanel from a relatively young age. The late '70s commercials directed by Ridley Scott left a big impression on me for some reason. I had very little idea of what Chanel was at the time.

Looks a bit dated (ha, a bit!) now. This came out the same year as Alien. I definitely see visual elements he later used in Blade Runner, though.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dx3Na_7inPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

It's absolutely a '70's Ducati Super Sport. These were the bikes that inspired the current Sport Classic lineup. Similar to the first Ducati I ever rode and still one of the most beautiful bikes ever.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

gt1000 wrote:It's...still one of the most beautiful bikes ever.
100.0001% agree!
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:100.0001% agree!
Ha! Nice twist on one of my pet peeves, John.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Her riding posture brings something to mind............
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson