Lowered Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Smiley13

Lowered Buddy

Post by Smiley13 »

I have a question? Has anyone lowered a Buddy? I saw the 230cc Buddy dropped and Roaring. So sick...
Smiley
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

That's the only one I've ever seen... I thought about lowering mine, maybe even stretching it a tad.
At least modifying the seat to be more low-profile. I think it looks good like that.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I thought I saw a picture that toycoma lowered his Buddy a while back. They have the coolest looking modded Buddys in Guam.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:I thought I saw a picture that toycoma lowered his Buddy a while back. They have the coolest looking modded Buddys in Guam.
Yeah, toycoma cut his front shocks down to drop his Buddy. Thats the only one I know of.
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

Kaos wrote:
BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:I thought I saw a picture that toycoma lowered his Buddy a while back. They have the coolest looking modded Buddys in Guam.
Yeah, toycoma cut his front shocks down to drop his Buddy. Thats the only one I know of.
Thanks guys.

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Yeah, but you may really scrape your pipe if you lower it. You can remove the center stand and take care of the left side of the bike but it would take some custom fabrication to make a pipe that didn't drop low on the right side.

I agree, though. Looks schweet!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Tocsik wrote:Yeah, but you may really scrape your pipe if you lower it. You can remove the center stand and take care of the left side of the bike but it would take some custom fabrication to make a pipe that didn't drop low on the right side.

I agree, though. Looks schweet!
Pipe is directly mounted to the swingarm (the engine is the swingarm) so lowering a Buddy won't effect pipe scraping much at all. Lowering the front might have some effect, but the difference would be minimal. You'd be effectively lower your seat; the engine will retain the same ground clearance.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

just let the air our of your tires. it'll look SIIIICCCKKK!