Got a St Tropez instead of BlackJack

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Raiderfn31

Got a St Tropez instead of BlackJack

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Just to clear things up here....I posted I put a down-payment on a BJ last week, which i did. It was a transfer from another dealer, but by the time my dealer called him the bike was sold. My dealer found another BJ 3 states away, but he also had a St Tropez on his floor. He gave me such a great OTD price on it I couldnt say no! Now i have a 150 AND several hundred dollars in my pocket to boot!!! Drinks on me! And as a Tarheel fan the color scheme on the Tropez is great. Peace out!
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

As a fellow St. Tropez owner I can confidently say you've got a lot of fun miles ahead! Congrats!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Congrats!!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Congrats! :D You already had a scoot so you konw what a jungle it is out there. Be careful.
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

Congrats! My partner has the St. Tropez as well. He gets a lot of compliments on the color scheme and it looks great with the chrome accessories. He has the crash bars, windshield, and some chrome and black handle bar grips. I bet it would really look nice with the Prima exhaust! Enjoy and ride safe.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

AtlBuddy wrote:Congrats! My partner has the St. Tropez as well. He gets a lot of compliments on the color scheme and it looks great with the chrome accessories. He has the crash bars, windshield, and some chrome and black handle bar grips. I bet it would really look nice with the Prima exhaust! Enjoy and ride safe.
Great idea to chrome it out...Im taking off the stickers first, and maybe place a Tarheel sticker or two on it if they arent tacky.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
TVB

Post by TVB »

Just by the way... if anyone in West Michigan is looking for either a BlackJack or a St Tropez, a dealer here has one of each on their clearance-showroom floor for under $2K (fees probably not included).
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Congratulations! :D

Cant remember what that models color looks like, how about posting a photo, also let us in on the price you paid.

I paid $3100 out the door even though they had it listed for $2500 before tax, fright, shipping, predatory, tire tax, and whatever fee lol. All that matters is you OTD cost which is hat I always insist on over the phone.

Enjoy and be careful!
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

TVB wrote:Just by the way... if anyone in West Michigan is looking for either a BlackJack or a St Tropez, a dealer here has one of each on their clearance-showroom floor for under $2K (fees probably not included).
That price would beat mine, but not by much. Plus the owner/dealer of Vespa of Charlotte(Mike) is one good, cool guy. Likes to talk scooters and will pick up on a conversation you start about ANY scooter in there and he knows his shit. Anybody around Charlotte who wants a scooter should look up Vespa of Charlotte. Plus its on a nice side of town. Cool bars, coffee shops and a great healthfood store.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

CWO4GUNNER wrote:Congratulations! :D

Cant remember what that models color looks like, how about posting a photo, also let us in on the price you paid.

I paid $3100 out the door even though they had it listed for $2500 before tax, fright, shipping, predatory, tire tax, and whatever fee lol. All that matters is you OTD cost which is hat I always insist on over the phone.

Enjoy and be careful!
Cant tell you out the door....between me and him....I have paid attention to the forum.....look, the deal I got was close, and I have a great dealer at VESPA OF CHARLOTTE . Also...there is my cousin, Rubrick. He stands in the corner and pisses himself. Anyone want to take him on for cheap? REAL CHEAP . I need more $...... :rofl:

Big clunky bullshit bikes piss me off. Give me a rocket.So easy to handle.
Last edited by Raiderfn31 on Sun May 15, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Here's a shot of mine so you can see one with chrome and a topcase on it.

topic10425.html

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Nice Pix, Skootz. :)

Congrats, Raiderfn31!
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

congratulations! did you ever meet up with Charlotte Scooter Cult? They look like an active group with a lot of events going on.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:congratulations! did you ever meet up with Charlotte Scooter Cult? They look like an active group with a lot of events going on.
Havent yet but Im gonna!
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Here's a shot of mine so you can see one with chrome and a topcase on it.

topic10425.html
Whats the bar thingy on the back of the floorboard???
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Raiderfn31 wrote:Whats the bar thingy on the back of the floorboard???
thats the "cowl protector / passenger footrest" bolt on accessory. Should be available from scooterworks.com
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Consider the black chrome - really more of a sporty look!

Here was they way mine ran for the first 10,000 plus miles...

It wasn't until we passed 10,000 miles that we started to tinker with it.
Attachments
ST Erwins.jpg
ST Erwins.jpg (124.36 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

Fine choice my friend. Would have loved to have had a st. tropez myself, but the deal I got on the 125 was just too awesome.
zilla86

Post by zilla86 »

Boy that ST. Tropez sure looks nice and with all the dress up bits and accessories you can really make it your own.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Its been raining SO mcuh here. GRRRRRRRRRRRR