I'm in Love........with the competition.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rsrider

I'm in Love........with the competition.

Post by rsrider »

Stopped in at Santa Barbara Ducati today, because they had an Open House to intro the Monster EVO......They are also a Vespa dealer......

I do not know why, but this made me want...

They're a little on the pricey side..... :lol:

I also stopped by the Kawasaki/Genuine dealer and they were reeling in a 125 Buddy shopper.... :lol:
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
texepictetus

Competition

Post by texepictetus »

I live with the competition...it is a pretty nice machine.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Nice...but that rectangular headlight doesn't do it for me. Kind of a visual jolt juxtaposed with all those sensuous curves... :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Then there is this one. Those Vespas can really call to you every so often :wink: .
Attachments
Espresso LX150.jpg
Espresso LX150.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I'd love to own (to be able to afford to own) a 300 GTS Super. Really nice looking highway capable machines. I recently experienced the difference their larger legshields make in combatting wind too. Good design.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

babblefish wrote:Nice...but that rectangular headlight doesn't do it for me. Kind of a visual jolt juxtaposed with all those sensuous curves... :)
whaaaa? thats the best part!
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

peabody99 wrote:
babblefish wrote:Nice...but that rectangular headlight doesn't do it for me. Kind of a visual jolt juxtaposed with all those sensuous curves... :)
:+!:

I love the rectangular headlight but it did take a bit of time for it to grow on me, kinda like Bob Dylan's singing voice :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Call me crazy but I think its a bit on the gaudy side, at least that color scheme is. Looks like the military parade scooter that Uncle Same would ride. A nice tan and brown earth would look better, almond instead of that hospital white and ambulance red. The head light does look 1980's retro square-mobile, doesn't fit. They need to hang foot foot wide price tags on the front with 2inch block lettering to balance out the romance with reality lol :lol:
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Dooglas wrote:Then there is this one. Those Vespas can really call to you every so often :wink: .
MUCH better
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

CWO4GUNNER wrote:Call me crazy but I think its a bit on the gaudy side, at least that color scheme is. Looks like the military parade scooter that Uncle Same would ride. A nice tan and brown earth would look better, almond instead of that hospital white and ambulance red. The head light does look 1980's retro square-mobile, doesn't fit. They need to hang foot foot wide price tags on the front with 2inch block lettering to balance out the romance with reality lol :lol:
$10 says you drive a Camry. A brown one........ :P
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

peabody99 wrote:
Awww, your sense of taste is all water logged! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

Headlights on scoots should be ROUND. Period.

Just my $.02 :)
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

TVB

Post by TVB »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I love the rectangular headlight but it did take a bit of time for it to grow on me, kinda like Bob Dylan's singing voice :lol:
Still not there for me. Should I give it another 45 years? :?
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Visual jolt is what I get from Vespa. I realize they are great machines, but I like the lines of Genuine. :)
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

TVB wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:I love the rectangular headlight but it did take a bit of time for it to grow on me, kinda like Bob Dylan's singing voice :lol:
Still not there for me. Should I give it another 45 years? :?
:rofl:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
laxer

Post by laxer »

Meh, looks like a candy cane. The headlight is the best part about it, makes the "S" the one modern Vespa that is still kinda cool. I'd just get a straight-up orange or black one, though.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I'm more in 'lust' with the GTV partially seen next to it!
Attachments
GTVpic5.jpg
GTVpic5.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You gotta love the look of those leather seats! Smack drool (I'm talking about the one on the right :wink: ).
Attachments
LXV seat.jpg
LXV seat.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

CWO4GUNNER wrote:Call me crazy but I think its a bit on the gaudy side, at least that color scheme is. Looks like the military parade scooter that Uncle Same would ride. A nice tan and brown earth would look better, almond instead of that hospital white and ambulance red. The head light does look 1980's retro square-mobile, doesn't fit. They need to hang foot foot wide price tags on the front with 2inch block lettering to balance out the romance with reality lol :lol:
80's? They had those headlights in the late 60's/early 70's. One of my 1974 Vespa Super's has one(the other is round.)
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

rsrider wrote:
Nah, Toyota is very good but no where near the engineering of the Honda Accord. I worked on many a car and its astonishing how good the components are, and how well they are put together even in places no on would look. Needless to say I gave mine to my mother who needed a car and now relegated to my old faded gray 92 Nissan pickup with 198K miles.
Last edited by CWO4GUNNER on Sun May 29, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

rsrider wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The S is the Vespa that calls me as well. I am drawn to just about every Vespa but that one really gets me. The only thing I don't like is that crappy plastichrome instrument panel cover!

The headlight is the best.
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Kaos wrote: 80's? They had those headlights in the late 60's/early 70's. One of my 1974 Vespa Super's has one(the other is round.)
Yeah I know but I diden't want to go that far back cause I know allot of members were not born yet LOL. :wink:
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

jmazza wrote:
rsrider wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The S is the Vespa that calls me as well. I am drawn to just about every Vespa but that one really gets me. The only thing I don't like is that crappy plastichrome instrument panel cover!

The headlight is the best.
Hay if the were $3500 OTD Id be drawn. The Italians brought their motorcycle prices down let them drop their scooter prices. There is a saying in the motorcycle industry that owners of Italian moto's and scooter become the most experienced mechanics.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

I am with you rsrider, that is one lovely scooter! Could never afford a new Vespa, but if I could I might've gotten one, and would've missed out on the great interactions with all you folks. I mean that seriously. Could not be more happy with my buddy and with this forum. I just passed 9000 miles.

But I still think that is one good looking bike. :D
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I'm impressed by this one:

Photo credit: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 90914.html

If something ever happened to my beloved Pinky Tuscadero, the 2012 special edition Kymco Like 200i LX would be my next modern scooter. I'd remove the top case, though.
ModBud #442
Stormswift

Re: I'm in Love........with the competition.

Post by Stormswift »

rsrider wrote:Stopped in at Santa Barbara Ducati today, because they had an Open House to intro the Monster EVO......They are also a Vespa dealer......

I do not know why, but this made me want...

They're a little on the pricey side..... :lol:

I also stopped by the Kawasaki/Genuine dealer and they were reeling in a 125 Buddy shopper.... :lol:
I like this strawberry cream puff look. I think it is very festive.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Nobody has posted it's brother yet.
Attachments
Vespa blue & white.jpg
Vespa blue & white.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 875 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Trapezoidal headlights: I love 'em! Others don't. That's okay.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…