Victoria' Secret's Hot Pink Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jrman

Victoria' Secret's Hot Pink Buddy

Post by Jrman »

Quite the eye catching photo.. The scooter is not bad either.. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Miami.html
Great Scooter Safety Site: http://www.highviz.org/
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

Hmmmm. Must be the Victoria's Secret new line of Kevlar lace.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

HowHH wrote:Hmmmm. Must be the Victoria's Secret new line of Kevlar lace.
:rofl:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

That's the shade of pink I wish my scooter was! I wanted it to look more Jem & the Holograms rather than Barbie. O well. :oops:
ModBud #442
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Nice decal on the helmet... "Make it a Bombshell Summer". It's copywriting genius I tells ya!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Um.....I don't......uh........

Oh. There it is. I didn't see a scooter there for while.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

HowHH wrote:Hmmmm. Must be the Victoria's Secret new line of Kevlar lace.
Beyond hilarious. I wonder if Wayne at Motorport will be carrying the line?
laxer

Post by laxer »

Scooter? Where? :shock:
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

i actually hate it. it seems so cheap. That's not even the right color pink for their brand. From a graphic design standpoint it's a super lame attempt. From a company that sends out 1 million catalogs a day, and hires Michael Bay to direct their commercials, they know how to properly promote a brand. The intern in their marketing department that rattle-canned this in his garage should get fired.

all of their shopping bags have two-tone pink stripes. Why isn't that represented? And the vertical sticker is a joke.

this bums me out.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

JSharpPhoto wrote: this bums me out.
:rofl: :rofl:

You're kidding right?
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

ScootLemont wrote:Image
I don't think she should ride it anyway. She should just hold on to me while I ride......Ooops I almost forgot I'm married. :?
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

Mulliganal wrote:

You're kidding right?
not kidding at all. that scooter is a disgrace to two brands. scooters are already sexy. lingerie is sexy. that thing, is not sexy.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Problem with these tall, skinny supermodel types is that they tend to get blown off the the scoot every few miles. It's an endless cycle of "stop; get off the scoot; pick 'em up; put 'em back on the scoot; resume riding". And they're so slim that they keep slipping out from under the bungees.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

JSharpPhoto wrote:
Mulliganal wrote:

You're kidding right?
not kidding at all. that scooter is a disgrace to two brands. scooters are already sexy. lingerie is sexy. that thing, is not sexy.
I'm guessing you must not be a guy. Most guys see the beautiful woman than perhaps notice there happens to also be a scooter there; but then that's just my old Navy manishness coming out as my wife would say.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

charlie55 wrote:Problem with these tall, skinny supermodel types is that they tend to get blown off the the scoot every few miles. It's an endless cycle of "stop; get off the scoot; pick 'em up; put 'em back on the scoot; resume riding". And they're so slim that they keep slipping out from under the bungees.
Duct tape.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

JSharpPhoto wrote:
Mulliganal wrote:

You're kidding right?
you're looking at the wrong picture then....
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

JSharpPhoto wrote:i actually hate it. it seems so cheap. That's not even the right color pink for their brand. From a graphic design standpoint it's a super lame attempt. From a company that sends out 1 million catalogs a day, and hires Michael Bay to direct their commercials, they know how to properly promote a brand. The intern in their marketing department that rattle-canned this in his garage should get fired.

all of their shopping bags have two-tone pink stripes. Why isn't that represented? And the vertical sticker is a joke.

this bums me out.
Methinks you doth protest too much.......

or Lighten up Francis.....

or Chillax

I wonder how much they'll be selling the seat for?
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

rsrider wrote:I wonder how much they'll be selling the seat for?
Man, I almost spit my coffee on the keyboard. :rofl:
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

I'm definitely a guy. The question wasn't about the girl, and I never said the girl wasn't sexy. It was about the scooter, and I stand by my EDUCATED opinion. I'm a commercial photographer, and my wife has a degree in graphic design. I'm on the board of directors for the largest privately-run graphic design organization in the country.

it just pisses me off when national brands do stuff half-assed.

and FYI, alessandra ambrosio is hot. there is no argument here.
Syd

Post by Syd »

That Buddy isn't pink. It's fuschia. It's so bright it hurts my eyes to look at it. I have to look away from the Buddy, at something more soothing, like, er, like the building the picture is taken in front of. Yeah, the building, just the building. That's all I'm looking at is the building.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

JSharpPhoto wrote:I never said the girl wasn't sexy.
I will, she's not sexy. In fact she is the opposite of sexy which is weak. Then again I generally don't go for the I haven't eaten in 42 days look, and if your gonna be super thin then at least be badass Angelina Jolie playing Salt thin. Although when the zombie apocalypse happens her build should help her blend right into the horde so long as she's not riding around on that hot pink scooter.

Where the hell are all those beautiful 1950's pin-up ladies? I was born in the wrong decade. :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
JSharpPhoto wrote:I never said the girl wasn't sexy.
I will, she's not sexy. In fact she is the opposite of sexy which is weak. Then again I generally don't go for the I haven't eaten in 42 days look, and if your gonna be super thin then at least be badass Angelina Jolie playing Salt thin. Although when the zombie apocalypse happens her build should help her blend right into the horde so long as she's not riding around on that hot pink scooter.

Where the hell are all those beautiful 1950's pin-up ladies? I was born in the wrong decade. :lol:
:+!: Being of Italian ancestry, I can just picture my Grandmother's reaction if one these models ever showed up at her door. Under the assumption that anyone that thin was suffering from consumption, "nonna" would probably have strapped her to a chair and put her on intravenous ravioli until she looked "healthy". She's the same woman who used to feed me a raw egg yolk every morning when I was a kid. Likely the reason my serum cholesterol looks like the Dow Jones industrial average.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

As a professional wrapper, I can say that it's not the end for that poor scooter. Since it is in fact a white Buddy, which has been vinyl wrapped. Quite shoddily I might add. All you gotta do is peel it off.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

charlie55 wrote:Problem with these tall, skinny supermodel types is that they tend to get blown off the the scoot every few miles. It's an endless cycle of "stop; get off the scoot; pick 'em up; put 'em back on the scoot; resume riding". And they're so slim that they keep slipping out from under the bungees.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

KRUSTYburger wrote:As a professional wrapper, I can say that it's not the end for that poor scooter. Since it is in fact a white Buddy, which has been vinyl wrapped. Quite shoddily I might add. All you gotta do is peel it off.
Sharp eyes, but I think it's been Photoshopped, not wrapped.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

babblefish wrote:
KRUSTYburger wrote:As a professional wrapper, I can say that it's not the end for that poor scooter. Since it is in fact a white Buddy, which has been vinyl wrapped. Quite shoddily I might add. All you gotta do is peel it off.
Nope. Pretty sure it's a bad wrap job. Unless the bad photoshopper managed to do the exact same bad masking on 4 different photos with 4 different camera angles. Doubtful. I say it's a bad wrap. I think you can see some white paint appearing on the underside of the headset and on the front fender too.

But seriously, how do you know you're a hopeless scooter geek? When you talk about the scooter's paint color instead of the babe sitting on the scooter. :lol:
Last edited by Skootz Kabootz on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
babblefish wrote:
Nope. It's a bad wrap, Unless the bad photoshopper managed to do the exact same bad masking on 4 different photos with 4 different camera angles.
Maybe, but look at the pink under the seat where it comes to a point in the different photos...
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Oops, weird timing. I was editing when you quoted my post. :P

OK, here's the answer... here's a link to a larger photo and you can see the edging of the wrap around the front fender. Now, back to the girl... :)
Last edited by Skootz Kabootz on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Oops, weird timing. I was editing when you quoted my post. :P
Heh, yeah...I just read your edit. :D I must have issues...although I have to say, she's beautiful no doubt, but a bit on the thin side...but given a choice... :D
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Meh.... don't find that sexy actually. Give me a girl with more tattoos, a burger or two in her system and an actual curve or two. And please: That buddy looks like a cheap China knockoff.

Sorry, that just doesn't do it for me.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

[Note to self: stop editing your posts!]

easy

Post by easy »

poor buddy thats scooter cruelty the wrap sucks in the big picture and the biggest bumps on the model are her knees. I love real women with curves yep and short to no tall string beans for me
what did you trade the day for?
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

You guys are over analyzing. Just look and enjoy. :D the scoot was prob rented and will still go to a good home. And the model will go enjoy a huge lunch and promptly puke it up. :? K
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

bigbropgo wrote:You guys are over analyzing. Just look and enjoy. :D the scoot was prob rented and will still go to a good home. And the model will go enjoy a huge lunch and promptly puke it up. :? K
There's no over-analyzing. I think she's pretty homely. Both the model and what they did to the scoot.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Okey dokey. :wink:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Hmmm...bad wrap job or not, I like that color. I probably wouldn't buy it, as I like the orange or black better, but it is an eye catching color.

Besides any time we can see a Buddy in a publicity shot, more people are looking at them, right? That isn't a bad thing, IMHO. :D

They could have gotten a cheap Chinese scooter, but they had a little class and got a Buddy instead! :wink:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

michelle_7728 wrote:Hmmm...bad wrap job or not, I like that color. I probably wouldn't buy it, as I like the orange or black better, but it is an eye catching color.

Besides any time we can see a Buddy in a publicity shot, more people are looking at them, right? That isn't a bad thing, IMHO. :D

They could have gotten a cheap Chinese scooter, but they had a little class and got a Buddy instead! :wink:
My problem is that it LOOKS like a cheap Chinese scooter! It really does look kinda barbie-junk like. No decals or emblems. Nothing to let the consumer know what kind of bike it is (not that Victoria's Secret or their average shopper care sadly). By wrapping it in a different color and removing badges I'm pretty sure that Genuine wasn't contacted for it to be used, and they just de-branded it for "generic scooter" prop usage.

Granted this is just my opinion, but it just doesn't look...right. One of the reasons I'm looking to fill the scooter sized hole in my life is because these are decent looking bikes for automatics that aren't made by Piaggio (yeah, I'm bitter at them right now. Gimmie a few years and we'll probably make up). Granted it's not the first time a fashion company has just plucked some random bike off the street, de-branded it and used it. I just wish they would give props to the bikes they used. A good example is when I was in the Mall and saw a huge poster that had two handsome people in Guess clothing on top of a *sweet* Honda CB360, but they removed all the badges and even covered up the side of the crankcase! Such a shame since vintage Hondas have such a following around the world. That and I think it's cool when companies give props to iconic motor companies when they use them in advertising. Makes gearheads like me happy for some strange reason:)
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

:shock: :? :x This is absolutely outrageous, how could they let a photo like that circulate on the internet, just look at it, its really blatant and shows no respect. I for one would not be caught without my Genuine emblem showing, just disgraceful.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

agrogod wrote::shock: :? :x This is absolutely outrageous, how could they let a photo like that circulate on the internet, just look at it, its really blatant and shows no respect. I for one would not be caught without my Genuine emblem showing, just disgraceful.
It is worse then you all think. Look closely at that link where it shows larger scooter then click on the picture. It will magnify even more. Then feast your eyes on our beloved metal Genuine emblem on the front of the scooter that they DID NOT remove......
I am not a scooter snob.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

And even a bigger "crime": they failed to paint her toenails to match the color of the scooter!!!! :shock:
I am not a scooter snob.
TVB

Post by TVB »

JSharpPhoto wrote:I'm definitely a guy. The question wasn't about the girl, and I never said the girl wasn't sexy. It was about the scooter, and I stand by my EDUCATED opinion. I'm a commercial photographer, and my wife has a degree in graphic design. I'm on the board of directors for the largest privately-run graphic design organization in the country.
I'm just an amateur with an illustration/design degree, but I agree. It's the equivalent of what you'd get by asking an amateur without a degree to do it for you. Not a crime, but nothing special.
opposable_thumbs

Post by opposable_thumbs »

polianarchy wrote:That's the shade of pink I wish my scooter was! I wanted it to look more Jem & the Holograms rather than Barbie. O well. :oops:
Fitting too because we all know Jem is excitment (ooooh Jem) and Jem is adventure!

OK, one really needs to be a fan to get that.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

It's possible that Victoria's Secret is not to blame for the photo. The image source is from one of those British rags.
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

I actually see missed potential, of course Im not speaking as a once young man with respect to the young woman. But rather to the Victoria Secret line scooter called not the Buddy but Babbette'. I think a special order Victoria Secret Babbette would be a big hit with most women and apparently some men.... :shock:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Stormswift wrote:And even a bigger "crime": they failed to paint her toenails to match the color of the scooter!!!! :shock:
I know right! At least they match the shock.
opposable_thumbs wrote:
polianarchy wrote:That's the shade of pink I wish my scooter was! I wanted it to look more Jem & the Holograms rather than Barbie. O well. :oops:
Fitting too because we all know Jem is excitment (ooooh Jem) and Jem is adventure!

OK, one really needs to be a fan to get that.
That scooter is truely truely truely outrageous.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

This is as tedious as a love/hate Rachael Ray thread.

:fp:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
laxer

Post by laxer »

"She's hot!"
"No, she's not, she's too skinny..."
"Well, I like the scooter..."
"I don't, it's done poorly and I hate the color..."
"The overall picture is nice..."
"No, it's amateurish and..."
"Well, I like Rachel Ray..."
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

..but I do like Rachel Ray... :)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

babblefish wrote:..but I do like Rachel Ray... :)
Cute and rich; not sure why anyone wouldn't like that.... And she can COOK!!! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).