should i ???

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sins tailor

should i ???

Post by sins tailor »

i am a scooter enthusiast........had a vespa p200e.......many many years ago........even had my initials on it.........yes i was a mod/punk/new wave musician..........now i bought another one..........and i love it........but it has many issues.........even so it is great fun and i can't see being without a secondary mode of transport that gets at least 80mpg..and at least 60mph.....(kind of necessary these days)......what i have now is a 1985 yamaha riva xc180 deluxe...........and i love it to death except for the starting issues.........i have spent all summer and tons of money restoring and optimizing it...............i am thinking about selling it.............
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMESE%3AIT

and am considering using that money to buy a new scooter..........one that is less trouble prone................however i want at least 80mpg...........and at least 60mph.............

i'd also like to get the best quality for the least money....i work at a grocery store and don't make a lot.........

so in my research into the best and cheapest i have found very few bikes of note..............

the vespa,piaggio,bigger hondas and yamahas,chetak,stella etc.........and other quality fast scoots are just too damn expensive.........

so far the buddy seems the best deal..............anyone got anything better ???

for like $2,000 and is a quality name brand..........automatic.........and gets the stats i mentioned ????

i am lookin into the tng's
the diamo's...and a few others.................so what ya got ?
germ

Post by germ »

I just test drove a Buddy 50 yesterday and I have never ridden a 50 that performs like it.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: should i ???

Post by jrsjr »

sins tailor wrote:...so far the buddy seems the best deal..............anyone got anything better ???
Nope! What you've decribed is the perfect reason to get a Buddy.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I'd initially wanted something that was a pretty far cry from the Buddy, but the build quality, fit and finish, the price point, the performance, and the fuel economy all speak to how frickin' nice the Buddy is.

Granted, you're asking for info on a Buddy forum, so most people here will tell you how much they dig theirs... :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Buddy 125... goes 65 mph plus... 100 mpg... costs $2500 MSRP. That's why I bought it... plus 2 year warranty, 1 year roadside service, twist 'n' go, very stable, good quality. I like the styling, small, sporty, retro colours.

The Buddy 50 will be in your price range of $2000 but won't keep up to your speed requirements. I've heard some good things about TGB, but don't anything about them myself.

Take a good look around. A used one might work as well. I see a lot on Craig's List of people who bought on last year wwith only a couple hundred miles on them for pretty good deals. Mind you, no warranty and you have to wait around until THE one comes. Again, why I bought my Buddy.

Good luck on your search. :roll:
Laura
germ

Post by germ »

The Buddy 50 will be in your price range of $2000 but won't keep up to your speed requirements.
He's right. I test drove a 50 yesterday and I only got it up to 45. And the speedometer was probably off by a few so it was probably more like 42. I would get the 125 if I were you.