low oil during oil change?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toycoma98

low oil during oil change?

Post by toycoma98 »

This is what i'm runnin, UNI filter, 103 jet.

Why am i loosing oil, by the time its 1000 kilometers, there is very little oil.

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

If it's not leaking out, it must be blowing out your exhaust.
Stick a piece of white paper or a white towel behind the pipe with the motor running and see if oil is blowing out.
Maybe bad rings or valves not seating or both?
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Lil Buddy

Re: low oil during oil change?

Post by Lil Buddy »

My guess is that this guy Image took it. Thats the same look my 3yr old has when he's done something he shouldn't. I'd start by putting him in time out until he's ready to talk.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Since you eliminated your stock air filter box, where/how are you venting the crankcase? I assume that that K&N looking filter in the lower left of the picture is attached to the valve cover and is part of your vent system. Are there any others?

The oil can disappear in one of four ways:

1) Leaking out the crankcase.

2) Getting blown out via any crankcase vent system(s).

3) Getting burned in the combustion chamber due to oil getting pass either the piston rings or valve seals.

4) Someone in your neighborhood/family is playing a mean trick on you by draining your oil while you're asleep.

Now if your crankcase vent system is not allowing enough pressure to escape, then you can have excess pressure build-up in the crankcase which can potentially force oil pass the valve seals or piston rings. If this is the case, then it should show up on your spark plug (very black or oilly looking) or a very carbonized exhaust and/or wet oilly looking exhaust tip.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

babblefish wrote:Since you eliminated your stock air filter box, where/how are you venting the crankcase? I assume that that K&N looking filter in the lower left of the picture is attached to the valve cover and is part of your vent system. Are there any others?

The oil can disappear in one of four ways:

4) Someone in your neighborhood/family is playing a mean trick on you by draining your oil while you're asleep.

Now if your crankcase vent system is not allowing enough pressure to escape, then you can have excess pressure build-up in the crankcase which can potentially force oil pass the valve seals or piston rings. If this is the case, then it should show up on your spark plug (very black or oilly looking) or a very carbonized exhaust and/or wet oilly looking exhaust tip.
Breather filter on the valve cover. There are no other other vents. #4 thats probably it. Image

I'm gonna try and put the valve cover vent into the UNI filter neck with a hose and a coupler.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Are you talking about crankcase oil or oil on the Uni filter foam?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

Syd wrote:Are you talking about crankcase oil or oil on the Uni filter foam?
I'm Sorry.

engine oil is low during an oil change. I use 10w40 weight oil. My guage cluster reads kilometers and it says change oil every 1000 kilometers, or when the red number apears on the odometer.