Tires

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mikalius

Tires

Post by mikalius »

I am not sure if anyone knows but this is a great website to buy tires from. I don't think i have seen scooter tires cheaper anywhere else, i could be wrong though.

http://www.americanmototire.com/
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

Looks like a pretty good site, thanks!
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

Kenda USA
http://kendausa.com/motorcycle/scooter.html

they make great tires of all sorts.
I have used their bicycle tires on my mountain bike and road bike for years.
Well made stuff.
db

Post by db »

So the kenda tires I looked up and they have a couple versions here for

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/ ... ooter.aspx

20.99 + 6.99 to ship

Anybody try these yet, I did a search and this is one of the links that came up, didnt see much else
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

i dont care for motorcycle super store
i have ordered some stuff from them to find there product descriptions and pictures wrong
when you call they dont do anything about it

then when you post something other then a great review on there product they delete it

i posted a review stating some tires were not raised white letter like they depicted it was up for about 2 days before it was taken down
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

db wrote:So the kenda tires I looked up and they have a couple versions here for

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/ ... ooter.aspx

20.99 + 6.99 to ship

Anybody try these yet, I did a search and this is one of the links that came up, didnt see much else
I had a set of K413's in 100/90-10 and liked them, not super sticky but seemed to last pretty long.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

jmkjr72 wrote:i dont care for motorcycle super store
i have ordered some stuff from them to find there product descriptions and pictures wrong

then when you post something other then a great review on there product they delete it

i posted a review stating some tires were not raised white letter like they depicted it was up for about 2 days before it was taken down
Wow, that sucks! I've had nothing but good experieces with them. Once I had to return a product twice, once because it didn't fit and then again cause once I did get the right fit it didn't feel right. They were fast and very helpful and gave me no grief. I can't believe they would take down your negative review thats BS, did you ever ask why your review was removed cause that's horribly dishonest of them.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
db

Post by db »

That does suck, never ordered from them but according to BBB they have an A+ rating. I will have to look at the k413, I would prefer a lot of grip though but with some lasting tread. Hard combo maybe.
db

Post by db »

k413 dont look to bad and for the price might not be bad to at least try
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

DB, what tires have you tried so far? If they're something that I've tried before I can give you my personal (and not very empirical) opinion of how they compare to the Kendas.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Seems like good prices. The Michelin S1 is $2 cheaper than MotorcycleSuperstore.

I have also had very good luck with MotorcycleSuperstore and have purchased from them multiple times. I have seen many negative reviews of products on their site but heard nothing but positive feedback about the company.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
db

Post by db »

Hey Ben, I ran into Angie at church, you ganna be racing?? I have a zippy one on the back now and thats the only other one I have had. Still the stock front tire at 14,000 and looking good. Let me know what you think.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

db wrote:Hey Ben, I ran into Angie at church, you ganna be racing?? I have a zippy one on the back now and thats the only other one I have had. Still the stock front tire at 14,000 and looking good. Let me know what you think.
I'll be racing every chance I can. :D

I'd say the Kenda is very comparable to the Zippy.

Angie has been very happy with the Shinko SR009. She's on her 3rd set and hasn't had any problems. (we get them at Motorcycle Superstore.)
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

jasondavis48108 wrote:

Wow, that sucks! I've had nothing but good experieces with them. Once I had to return a product twice, once because it didn't fit and then again cause once I did get the right fit it didn't feel right. They were fast and very helpful and gave me no grief. I can't believe they would take down your negative review thats BS, did you ever ask why your review was removed cause that's horribly dishonest of them.
they never responded to why they took it down
so i made a simple decsion not to do business with them any more and let every one know about my poor experiance with them
i wont give them a third chance
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
db

Post by db »

kewl, thanks. I need to go check out one of these races. Seems like a good time
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Back to original topic: I have ordered from Americanmoto a few times and have been happy with their service and prices.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

jmkjr72 wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:

they never responded to why they took it down
so i made a simple decsion not to do business with them any more and let every one know about my poor experiance with them
i wont give them a third chance
I don't blame you. I feel the same way about Amazon after both my bank accounts got hacked and they wouldn't take any responsiblity and then some lady in Kentuky hacked into my account and was using it to buy books. Luckily the last one wasn't melicious as she had purchased the books from my account but w/ her credit card info. All Amazon would say is that I must of given her my account password because thier system is safe. I didn't even know the lady so they were just completly unwilling to admit fault. It really sucks when companies won't own up to thier responsibilites.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
bluezurich

Thanks!

Post by bluezurich »

Wow, Zippy 1's for 28? Have to check shipping to see just how good it actually is.....
Keys

Post by Keys »

Check out Tires Unlimited. I've had excellent results with them...decent prices and tires at my door within a week.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/default.htm

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"