Boots I can wear to work

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boredgamelad

Boots I can wear to work

Post by boredgamelad »

Hey all. Some of you may have read that I put down a deposit on a Pamplona 150 yesterday. Now that I've got a scooter coming to the house, it's time for me to get serious about buying some gear.

I know what helmet, jacket, and gloves I want to go for, but I'm looking for some opinions/help on finding boots to wear. I work in an office with a relatively casual dress code--polo shirt, jeans, and a pair of clean Puma sneakers/low tops is kinda my everyday uniform. So I can wear pretty much any kind of footwear I please to work.

I want to get a pair of over the ankle boots that I can still wear to work (I also need to get a pair before I take the MSF course). I'd like a pair of boots with a lower cut but obviously still high enough to be over the ankle. I plan on wearing them all day in the office, so I would like them to at least resemble regular shoes or work boots.

Does anybody else wear their boots to an office job, or does anyone have any suggestions? If you guys shop for boots online, where do you go?
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

here is what I finally did
topic18594.html
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I picked up these boots.

http://www.alpinestars.com/Ridge_Waterp ... 42011.html

I wear them to work and they are the most comfortable footwear I have. Who knew! My pant leg covers the entire upper portion of the boot so they look like normal shoes/boots. I can't say enough about them. Others probably have a similar story about the ones they own. Choose wisely.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

I love the Shift Fuel Street Shoes, and they're $20 off right now:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... zmap=13094

Comfortable enough to wear when I used to stand for 6-hour shifts. Ankle support and a little extra protection in the form of plastic inserts. Seem to be waterproof in ANY type of weather for at least 10 miles. Going on year 4 with my first pair, wearing nearly every day I have a shift at work, and only thinking about replacing because the tread's finally starting to wear (and I'm scared they'll be discontinued).

I did buy a pair of wingtip boots from Aldo for dressier needs, but they offer very minimal ankle support.
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

Love Doc Martens. www.dmusastore.com They offer free shipping, located in Oregon so no tax, and tend to send out 20% coupons which is when I pounce.

Have the Darcies like peabody99, a Dee, and multiple pairs of 1460. I think choosing funky colors make the 1460 look less like a work boot.

I also have the Blake where it zips on the side. Feels like I'm wearing slippers. http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3452-blake.aspx
Image.

I also have a pair of Aletta's, but it looks like they only have tan at the moment. http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3305-aletta.aspx
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

peabody99 wrote:here is what I finally did
topic18594.html
I wear these when I ride my mp3. I do call them my Romper Stompers and they are a bit Frankenstein-ish. Not great to walk around but wonderful with the scoot.
http://www.dmusastore.com/p-2920-crazy-bomb-2.aspx
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Sidi DOHA boots look very sweet.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
boredgamelad

Post by boredgamelad »

Thanks for all the tips, everyone! I should have probably mentioned that I'm looking for boots in the sub $120 range. :D The Shift Fuel Street Shoes that Quo Vadimus posted look like they'll be just about perfect for me; they have pretty rave reviews and plenty of people mentioning that they wear them to work without issues. I'll probably order a pair tonight.

Feel free to continue posting suggestions or pictures of your favorite boots...
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I picked-up a pair of brown leather casual boots at Kohl's for $12 on clearance.
They look great with jeans and are comfortable as heck!
For winter, I have insulated and water-proof hiking boots.

Seriously, we aren't using our feet for anything on twist-n-go scooters. No shifter or brakes. You really don't need expensive motorcycle footwear. You just need protection.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

The protection a motorcycle boot offers is for the foot and ankle. The sole is very stiff and the ankle has hard plastic to support the weight of the bike in case it tips on to your ankle. If your foot is trapped under the bike and you slide any distance you will need that protection. Work boots will protect your foot but not your ankle. Dress boots offer little more protection than sneakers. I purchased a boot with this protection as well as being waterproof. The waterproof part has already come in handy, hopefully I will never need the other protection.
boredgamelad

Post by boredgamelad »

Thank you gr8dog, my thoughts exactly! I've seen (on this very forum? I think so) pictures of what happens to work boots in a slide, and I'd rather not have any of that. For rides to the grocery store or the beach (less than a mile) I will probably forego the tougher protection and wear my regular kicks, but I'll definitely have more peace of mind scooting around with adequate protection for my feet when I'm out on PCH.
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Call me crazy but I still think a "woman" would look marvelous in a pair of these, you may not feel marvelous, but I assure you IMO, you'd look marvelous! :wink:
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

CWO4GUNNER wrote:Call me crazy but I still think a "woman" would look marvelous in a pair of these, you may not feel marvelous, but I assure you IMO, you'd look marvelous! :wink:

YES!!!!
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

[quote="Jackie F"]Love Doc Martens. www.dmusastore.com They offer free shipping, located in Oregon so no tax, and tend to send out 20% coupons which is when I pounce.

Have the Darcies like peabody99, a Dee, and multiple pairs of 1460. I think choosing funky colors make the 1460 look less like a work boot.

I also have the Blake where it zips on the side. Feels like I'm wearing slippers. http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3452-blake.aspx

I also have a pair of Aletta's, but it looks like they only have tan at the moment. http://www.dmusastore.com/p-3305-aletta.aspx

Love the Doc Marten's too, bought the brown Bellissa last fall, but love the deals on them at ShoeBuy even better!
http://www.shoebuy.com/dr-martens-womens-boots.htm
Priced less, shipping and return shipping are free PLUS right now you get $20 off any purchase over $80.
Yes, they carry the men's styles as well! Whoa, that didn't sound too much like a sales spiel did it? :)
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I use a pair of Bates tactical police boot, with steel toe. The big kicker for me is that it stays tied up, zipper on the side. I bring my 5-finger vibrams, flip-flops, or (fill in the blank) and switch out when I arrive. That is of course on longer trips, no need to fully strap up to go a mile or two.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:That is of course on longer trips, no need to fully strap up to go a mile or two.
For those of you who *don't* fall over in your driveway. ;)
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

My friend had a pair of these, and I loved 'em, so I got myself a pair too.

http://www.zappos.com/timberland-earthk ... ity-6-boot

Wear in really nicely.

iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I have three pair of boots for riding. The reason I have three pair is because I don't like wearing the same footwear two days in a row. My feet get sweaty-stinky... P & U... All bought cheap, two at a garage sale, one pair bought 7 yrs ago when I had a warehouse job.

I have three pair of boots, three pair of sneakers and three pair of work shoes. I even have two pair of shoes under my desk at work (one dress-up pair, one casual pair-Crocks). when I arrive, I change out of my riding boots and use my "office shoes".