New Paint Job (not blackjack)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toycoma98

New Paint Job (not blackjack)

Post by toycoma98 »

This is not a blackjack body. Original color was gloss black. 1 can of Spray Paint without sanding or priming.

Last edited by toycoma98 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

Nice!
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I can dig it.
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

i'd say you've done a damn fine job!
buddymon

WOW

Post by buddymon »

I have a sunset orange and i have been thinking about painting it black. not sure if glossy or flat would look good but this looks awesome.

I would have to paint most of the body to make it look great.

without prepping or sanding do you think the paint will eventually fade? im curious.
toycoma98

Re: WOW

Post by toycoma98 »

buddymon wrote:I have a sunset orange and i have been thinking about painting it black. not sure if glossy or flat would look good but this looks awesome.

I would have to paint most of the body to make it look great.

without prepping or sanding do you think the paint will eventually fade? im curious.
The weird part is the body panel where the front signal lights are, its 1 piece. You have to lift the whole bike up just to take that panel outImage, so i just cut it in the middle and moved it around the front tire.

The paint i use is something special, it wont fade....hope not. I was actually just too lazy to sand, it turned out to be pretty nice.Image

Thanks guys.
klaborde

Post by klaborde »

Looks Great !
Mods:Prima Wind Shield, Perf Exhaust, Front/Rear Racks, Cowl, Fender Guard, DR Pulley Variator & Racing Clutch, Bright LED DRL's, Strobe Brake Light, Zumo 220 GPS, Cheeky Seat Cover, Pirate Upholstery Leather Seat
buddymon

Post by buddymon »

What type of paint did you use? I really want to start the project. Not sure what you meant about the panel where the front signals are. I want the inner body to be flat black and do the outside glossy so it doesnt look like yours =). Not that I dont want it to Im just saying.