Black Jack Parts

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nyjm

Black Jack Parts

Post by nyjm »

I need advice for finding parts for an '09 Black Jack, specifically a "lower front." (Pardon the ignorance of a scooter novice, this is the term the repair shop uses. I'm not 100% clear what it is or does, just that it's essential.)

After buying my scoot at the end of April and enjoying it immensely for about a month, I was cut off on the road and had to dump it. Got off with a little road-rash and a bruised ego, but the scoot had to go to the shop (a certified Genuine retailer and repair shop here in Atlanta: Twist n' Scoot). At first, the needed repairs seemed minor, but we've hit a major snag: a critical part, the aforementioned "lower front" is on indefinite back-order from Genuine.

Everyone with whom I've spoken, the dealer and several folks at Progressive (my insurance) have all basically said "We just have to wait, even Genuine doesn't know where the parts are or when they'll arrive."

I've been waiting more than 6 weeks now to get my ride back.

So, is there anything else to do? Some intensive Googling has yielded nothing, but maybe I'm just using the wrong parameters / looking in the wrong places.

Many thanks in advance for any help. This seems like a great community here at Modern Buddy.
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

"Lower front" as in fork? fender? legshield?
ENEMY_

Need to do first service :/

Post by ENEMY_ »

Opps, was supposed to be a new thread
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

The guys at Twist N' Scoot really will do their best to get you the part for your scoot, but since the the Black Jacks were discontinued the parts are going to be harder to come by.

I had a similar issue after taking a spill a few weeks after I bought my scoot, and it took about a month for the parts to actually arrive from Taiwan get through customs, and get here to ATL.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

I think the piece referred to is the one that holds the deadlights. I also need to replace this part and although I got the rest of the pieces from Scooterworks this piece was not in stock.
nyjm

Post by nyjm »

ScooterLou wrote:I think the piece referred to is the one that holds the headlights.
That's it.

I have no doubts about the professionalism of the folks at Twist n' Scoot. Steve has been great, way more helpful than the folks at Progressive (who have been nice, but not very knowledgeable about scooters and Genuine scoots in particular.)

So, *sigh* seems like it's back to waiting for the boat to arrive. Note to self: next time, don't buy a discontinued vehicle...
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

I wonder how that piece would look in red. Might work for a blackjack . But you would probably want to substitute a few others in red to even it out.
easy

Post by easy »

I think silver would look good and if you dont like it fusion paint has satin black now that would match the black jack
Last edited by easy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
what did you trade the day for?
nyjm

Post by nyjm »

Yeah, frankly I could give two flips about the color. I want my scooter back.

But what does that mean? Could I get a replacement part from another Genuine scooter?
easy

Post by easy »

I know the feeling one of the bearings failed in the gearbox (my guess since it was full of metal and making alot of noise) been in the shop a week come Tuesday. The shop is closed this week and they aint looked at it yet. I should've just got the 3 bearings and done it myself. Looks like maybe 3 weeks before I get it back. Kinda rubbed me wrong cause I ride mine year round
what did you trade the day for?