So, what size IS the gas tank on a 2009 Buddy!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tenchi

So, what size IS the gas tank on a 2009 Buddy!

Post by Tenchi »

I've read more than a few websites that bemoaned the decreased capacity of the Buddy 125 gas tank over the years. I filled mine today, could still see fuel in the tank (gauge was in the empty zone) and she took a gallon. Is it 1.7, 1.3 or something in between?

By the way, riding a bit harder than the first fill up netted a shade under 88 mpg.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

The most I've put in my '08 150 tank is 1.25 gals.
I think it was all but dry when I pulled into the gas station.

I don't even worry about my fuel consumption, I think I'm getting somewhere around 90 mpg. My only complaint is that it seems as if I'm always getting gas! (Every 100 miles or so.....)
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

I ran out of gas and then filled to the absolute rim, was a hair under 1.3.
2 > 4
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

The most I ever got into mine at a fill-up was 1.3. Usually I am right around 1 gallon exactly though when I fill it. I've heard that the tank is 1.5gal, but I've never put it to the test. When I filled it with 1.3, I had not yet actually run out of gas (unless it ran out the moment I pulled it up to the gas station).
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Doesn't it say, somewhere, that the Buddy has a 1.6gal tank?

At any rate, I have put 1.56 gallons into my '08 Buddy 150. I can't figure out how so many of us can have such a wide variety of amounts though.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I believe it technically is a 1.5 gallon tank. You will never actually put that much gas in it though as first off, you never use all of the gas that's in there (even if you run out of gas, there is still some left, just not enough to get pumped to the engine.). Plus you never actually fill the tank to the very brim when gassing up. Another thing to consider is gasoline expands with heat. So if filling up in cold weather you'll be able to put a bit more gas in there, if it is hot, a bit less (we're not talking big amounts here). Also, personally I question just how accurate the gas station pumps are. Of course I can't prove that...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

6 Liters or right at 1.4 gallons - assuming yout gas station pump is adjusted properly.

I have ran my 2008 St Tropez out twice and both times came in right at 1.4 gallons. This last time I stopped at 1.4, yet a little more trickled out and ended up at 1.402 - and that was prety much to the brim.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

how weird. I've never hit 1.2 and I've run out of gas once.
TVB

Post by TVB »

When explaining to cagers why I often visit gas stations more than they do, I describe the gas tank of my scooter as "the size of a teacup". A slight exaggeration.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

I was out running around today and glanced down and saw that the needle was on the peg. I put in 1.069 gallons, not to the top but to the lip.
Last edited by chloefpuff on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so tough, so pink
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Im always at 1 gallon per fill'up when I let it go LOW.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Total volume of the fuel tank and how much you put in it are clearly not the same thing :wink: .
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I freak a little bit when I look down and see the needle entering the red zone, but then I relax and remember that the red zone is the whole last 1/4 of the gauge. I've ridden all the way down to the peg (not to a stall) and it still only took a bit over a gallon to hit the inner lip.
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

I dont care how much exactly it is. I just open my seat and grab a handful of change. lol
Drew

Post by Drew »

I know I can go at least another 10 miles when the needle hits the peg. So when it hits the peg that's when I fill it up. Scared myself one time when I forgot how low it was and I started out fast on a hill and lost power because all the gas shifted in the tank.
Tenchi

If you want to play with cager's minds....

Post by Tenchi »

Pull up to the pump, pull out a thimble from your pocket, and pretend to fill her up that way. Spill a couple of drops and mumble to yourself about "there goes ten miles of riding." Okay, I'm not awake yet. I thought it was funny.