Ten grand here, too!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Keys

Ten grand here, too!

Post by Keys »

Well, I finally did it. This last Saturday as I was riding to Sedona on a dark and lonely highway at 10:30 p.m., my odometer passed the 10,000 mile mark. I'm now at about 10,300. Still running, despite all my attempts to beat it to death. Fabulous little machine.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
rajron

Post by rajron »

Big number
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

You deserve a trophy :)
Keys

Post by Keys »

...actually, Lou76 and Bonegirl beat me to the 10,000 mile mark. In fact, I saw and rode with Lou76 (Isaac) this weekend and his has almost 12,000 miles on it now.

--Keys 8)
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Keys wrote:...actually, Lou76 and Bonegirl beat me to the 10,000 mile mark. In fact, I saw and rode with Lou76 (Isaac) this weekend and his has almost 12,000 miles on it now.

--Keys 8)
Its bad when you kill your own glory. Everyone over 10000 needs a trophy
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

I'm getting there, today I broke my 180 mile one day record scouting a potential ride for a group of scooterists. 210 miles in one day, real miles as per my gps. The trip is from Monrovia to Lake Elsinore to san Juan Capistrano and back. The trip is like 120 miles plus including my daily 40 mile commute to work and back and my various scouting activities added to 210. So it's been 18 days and my odometer is already at 1490 miles. It's too easy to rack up miles on a scooter this fast, I could never cover this much on my 50cc Metropolitan. I sure wish I had the time and money to do the lake eerie loop, I'd probably want to try it on my trusty old Metropolitan, '05 but still old mileage wise 7700 right now. Alas I weep, for it's going to auctioned off on ebay to a possible new friend in 2 days 9 hours and 50 minutes. :cry:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Keys,

Which is scarier? I-17 or 89A?

Jim
Bunnita

Post by Bunnita »

I don't live in Sedona but I'm there all the time, never seen a scooter there yet.

Can you ride a Buddy on the highway?

Right now I'd say driving from the 17 into town would have the be the scariest part, all that construction with all of the dirt on the road and no one knows where they're going /shudder

I never have my scooter when I"m there, it would be a really pretty drive though.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I'd have to say I-17...mostly because you're always looking over your shoulder for a cop...under 150cc isn't legal on interstates. I, however, have done it.

89A is one of my favorite roads from Prescott to Cottonwood...from Cottonwood to Sedona, though is 4-lane highway and boring as heck. THEN the entertainment jumps back up from Sedona to Flagstaff. FABULOUS ride!!

As for scooters in Sedona, I am aware of only one ET-4 Vespa. I've seen a chinese-type, like a Tank or something there once, too. There are a couple of maxi-type scooters and a couple chinese jobs in Cottonwood, but mine is still the only Buddy I'm aware of north of Phoenix.

As for killing my own glory, I don't accept accolades that I'm not due. It just isn't honorable.

--Keys 8)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Keys wrote:I'd have to say I-17...

89A is one of my favorite roads from Prescott to Cottonwood...from Cottonwood to Sedona, though is 4-lane highway and boring as heck. THEN the entertainment jumps back up from Sedona to Flagstaff. FABULOUS ride!!
--Keys 8)
Agreed all around. I-17 is scary in a truck, and those parts of 89A are two of the nicest stretches of road in the land. I wish I could clone either down here in the Valley. Nothing much down here but straight, Stop light, right or left turn. Sigh. I need to get up to South Mtn some morning.

Jim
Keys

Post by Keys »

Truck your SYM up here on some Saturday, Jim and we'll blast those two stretches to give you something to smile about as you sit in traffic down in the Valley of the Sunstroke.

--Keys 8)
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

Well, I finally did it a couple weeks ago.

10000 miles in 14 months.

:D
Syd

Post by Syd »

Congratulations - twice. Once for the 10k mark, the other for thread revival! :lol:

Here's another good place for those pics: Neat Odometer...
The majority is always sane - Nessus
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Congrats!!! Thats a good reason for a thread revival!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
lilguy

Post by lilguy »

Congratulations!
TVB

Post by TVB »

ScooterTrash wrote:Everyone over 10000 needs a trophy
I concur. (I am currently at 10,150ish.)
TVB

Post by TVB »

goldscott wrote:Well, I finally did it a couple weeks ago.
That's about a year less time than it took me. :shock:
Of course my scoot doesn't move as fast as most of y'all's. :)
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

TVB wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:Everyone over 10000 needs a trophy
I concur. (I am currently at 10,150ish.)
I am getting close to 10,000. If anyone wants to get a trophy ready for me, I will gladly accept it. :wink:
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

TVB wrote:
goldscott wrote:Well, I finally did it a couple weeks ago.
That's about a year less time than it took me. :shock:
Of course my scoot doesn't move as fast as most of y'all's. :)
:clap: Way to go, TVB!
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's