seafoam? is it a noticeable difference?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bigdaddybud

seafoam? is it a noticeable difference?

Post by bigdaddybud »

so i tried seafoam today in my blackjack for the first time...i put about an ounce in the tank on fillup...it seems to be a little peppier...but maybe thats just me...what is this stuff supposed to do...and how often should i use it...thanks for any input
Silver Streak

Re: seafoam? is it a noticeable difference?

Post by Silver Streak »

bigdaddybud wrote:so i tried seafoam today in my blackjack for the first time...i put about an ounce in the tank on fillup...it seems to be a little peppier...but maybe thats just me...what is this stuff supposed to do...and how often should i use it...thanks for any input
It's not going to make any difference unless there was something wrong to start with. :P

If your carb was clean, the SeaFoam won't do a damn thing except keep your gas from going stale as quickly if you don't use it up riding.

Used in the gas, it's just a carb cleaner and fuel stabilizer, not cocaine.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Silver Streak wrote:
It's not going to make any difference unless there was something wrong to start with. :P

^^^^ X2... If it isn't broke don't fix it.LOL...Yes, seafoam is not a preventative, just a cleaner
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Silver Streak wrote:
:rofl: Luckily my scoot is straight edge so it doesn't mind the fact that the seafoam doesn't come with a serious rush. I do have to say that it has saved me from a lot of carb cleaning since I don't ride the Buddy 50 as much as I should these days.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
Silver Streak wrote:
:rofl: Luckily my scoot is straight edge so it doesn't mind the fact that the seafoam doesn't come with a serious rush. I do have to say that it has saved me from a lot of carb cleaning since I don't ride the Buddy 50 as much as I should these days.
Straight Edge?
jasondavis48108

ScooterTrash wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:
Silver Streak wrote:
Straight Edge?
Never met a straight edge kid huh? When I ran a tattoo shop they would come in all the time. They were punk kids that were totally drug free; no smoking, no booze, noth'n. Many of them were vegan as well but I don't know if that was required or not.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

I knew some straight edge kids back in the day. No smoke or drink, but they sure loved to fight. No sex to for the strict ones, maybe a reason for the frustration??? Listen to some "Minor Threat" and you will get an idea of the contridictions in the lifestyle. Angry youth is powerful. And sometimes very stupid.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
jasondavis48108

Raiderfn31 wrote:I knew some straight edge kids back in the day. No smoke or drink, but they sure loved to fight. No sex to for the strict ones, maybe a reason for the frustration??? Listen to some "Minor Threat" and you will get an idea of the contridictions in the lifestyle. Angry youth is powerful. And sometimes very stupid.
yeah, I've heard some of'em could be pretty violent, I think they called themselves or where called by others "hate edge" but the kids I knew seemed like good kids just trying to find a group they could listen to loud music with without being pressured to do something stupid. Then again, I only knew them from the shop and they were always very respectful when they were in there.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

I knew some cool ones myself. I guess that was just a generalization on my part. Gettin old and pissy. :shock:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
jasondavis48108

Raiderfn31 wrote:I knew some cool ones myself. I guess that was just a generalization on my part. Gettin old and pissy. :shock:
:lol: I was just telling one of my friends that I need to find some new bands that I actually like cause I don't want to turn into one of those old crotchety aging punk guys that say stuff like "punk is dead...blah...blah... back in my day...blah....blah...blah" :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
Raiderfn31 wrote:I knew some cool ones myself. I guess that was just a generalization on my part. Gettin old and pissy. :shock:
:lol: I was just telling one of my friends that I need to find some new bands that I actually like cause I don't want to turn into one of those old crotchety aging punk guys that say stuff like "punk is dead...blah...blah... back in my day...blah....blah...blah" :lol:
Punk was dead before most of these kids were born. Grumble grumble blah blah blah.

Uh oh, too late for me.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bigdaddybud

Post by bigdaddybud »

dont even get me started about the whole punk thing...kids these days dont even know what punk is...tight ass pants and stuff...too funny...
izark47

Post by izark47 »

ericalm wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:
Punk was dead before most of these kids were born. Grumble grumble blah blah blah.

Uh oh, too late for me.
please Please PLEASE!!! don't send me to that other Forum, but my kids were punks, lol!!!
jasondavis48108

ericalm wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:

Uh oh, too late for me.
noooOOOO! :rofl:
TVB

Post by TVB »

jasondavis48108 wrote:"punk is dead...blah...blah... back in my day...blah....blah...blah" :lol:
I am already getting too old for that. "Punk? Feh. Who cares? And why is the text on my [MP3 player] so damn small?"
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Squinty? Squinty is that you?
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

ericalm wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:

Uh oh, too late for me.
in 1985, I was 12 and my parents let us have the ONE and ONLY party they'd ever let us have. We decided it would be a "PUNK Party". Now, we didn't have cable in 1985, Anchorage, AK and we thought Punk was like Adam and the Ants "Strip" + Billy Idol " Rebel Yell". All us girls showed up in the same uniform: mismatched eye shadow, torn t-shirts splattered with paint and misc safety pins OH! and lopsided pig tails. All the boys cut off the sleeves to BLACK tshirts and put on spiked bracelets and did the war stripes on their faces like Adam. The one Laotian Refugee, my track friend, showed up in a button up shirt with a high lacey collar under a white sweater vest and accessorized with a button that said "I love jesus". We all were like "she doesn't get it" but in hindsight she was more punk than all of us!!!

punk was dead before I knew what it was, too, :P
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

In the 80's I was a skater punk. Mix-matched allstars, vision shorts. Damn I looked like a complete idiot. Im really surprised I didnt get beat up more but I did have some hardcore types to look after me. Where in the hell is that skateboard........................
jasondavis48108

jijifer wrote:
A^2 is one of the birth places of American punk so I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. You still have the annual squatter punk migration every summer and the ten thousand shows in houses with bands I'm far too dorky and old to have ever heard of. I figure they've been say'n punk's dead ever since the middle of the first punk show. I've found that many punks have a somewhat negative world view which only gets more angsty and bitter with time. So as long as there are old people whining about how punk is dead and teens complaining about how their used to be punk, used to be cool parents never really understood punk, the world of punk is quite alright. :)
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
jijifer wrote:
A^2 is one of the birth places of American punk so I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. You still have the annual squatter punk migration every summer and the ten thousand shows in houses with bands I'm far too dorky and old to have ever heard of. I figure they've been say'n punk's dead ever since the middle of the first punk show. I've found that many punks have a somewhat negative world view which only gets more angsty and bitter with time. So as long as there are old people whining about how punk is dead and teens complaining about how their used to be punk, used to be cool parents never really understood punk, the world of punk is quite alright. :)
Jason, if you're on facebook, check out the A2 townie page. Mostly Iggy and Seger's peers reminiscing about A2 in the 60s/70s. I call myself a townie as my formative years were spent there (14-23), first love, first job, first apt. Can't have that many firsts in some place and not be a townie :)
TVB

Post by TVB »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I've found that many punks have a somewhat negative world view ....
You just might be onto something there... :D
jasondavis48108

jijifer wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:
jijifer wrote:
Jason, if you're on facebook, check out the A2 townie page. Mostly Iggy and Seger's peers reminiscing about A2 in the 60s/70s. I call myself a townie as my formative years were spent there (14-23), first love, first job, first apt. Can't have that many firsts in some place and not be a townie :)
I'll have to check it out. My friends G-ma used to babysit Iggy and another friend used to live in the trailer he used to occupy, man he's come a long way since A2 :lol:
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

So, um, yeah, about that Seafoam?? ... :lol:

JK, I'm enjoying the reminiscences!
jasondavis48108

RoadRambler wrote:So, um, yeah, about that Seafoam?? ... :lol:

JK, I'm enjoying the reminiscences!
Seafoam is dead :no:

:lol:
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

jasondavis48108 wrote: Never met a straight edge kid huh? When I ran a tattoo shop they would come in all the time. They were punk kids that were totally drug free; no smoking, no booze, noth'n. Many of them were vegan as well but I don't know if that was required or not.
lol, I am Straight Edge. Have been for many years. I just find it amusing to see what people have to say about it.

To clarify - Most of us who were / are violent was sometimes out of necessity. You wouldn't believe how many people run there mouths and start fights with me because of my beliefs.

On the side of the violent just to be violent kids, they called themselves Hardline. Most of these guys were Vegan animal rights guys burning down chicken factories and Mcdonalds. "Hate Edge" was a silly nickname the clever potheads derived. :lol:

I try to be one of the "cool" Straight Edge" guys
jasondavis48108

ScooterTrash wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote: Never met a straight edge kid huh? When I ran a tattoo shop they would come in all the time. They were punk kids that were totally drug free; no smoking, no booze, noth'n. Many of them were vegan as well but I don't know if that was required or not.
lol, I am Straight Edge. Have been for many years. I just find it amusing to see what people have to say about it.

To clarify - Most of us who were / are violent was sometimes out of necessity. You wouldn't believe how many people run there mouths and start fights with me because of my beliefs.

On the side of the violent just to be violent kids, they called themselves Hardline. Most of these guys were Vegan animal rights guys burning down chicken factories and Mcdonalds. "Hate Edge" was a silly nickname the clever potheads derived. :lol:

I try to be one of the "cool" Straight Edge" guys
Right on, yeah all the kids that came into my shop were real cool. Most of what I know of the culture came from them though, I was a skin (also the cool Bob Marley worshiping kind, not the bonehead kind) so I didn't run with any straight edge guys but I was definitely sympathetic to being prejudged for the actions of others who looked somewhat like me. I had a lot of respect for their ethics and their willingness to stand up for them when confronted by other punks who didn't share their views
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Pot is most definetely not dead 8)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Mike Watt and Richard Hell told me to tell you not to bother with Seafoam.

Bb
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
TVB

Post by TVB »

illnoise wrote:Mike Watt and Richard Hell told me to tell you not to bother with Seafoam.
Yeah, it wouldn't have saved D. Boon, so what's the point?