Anybody in NorCal Missing a Red Buddy?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Anybody in NorCal Missing a Red Buddy?

Post by jrsjr »

It would have gone missing a few minutes after this bike...

Blackshirt

Post by Blackshirt »

That's not very nice of them. :(
paige

Post by paige »

WTH?
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Man, that's just dead wrong.

See, all the states are having financial problems so they're all trying to grab funds anyplace they can. Increased parking tickets, traffic fines towing and storage charges have become the new norm in most states.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

What's the story with this picture?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

I'm from Norcal, I've seen this a few times before near some of the hills.

Quick guess is that riders parked to go on a hike or whatever. Look at where they parked, looks like its between roads and probably not legal parking, so they're getting towed.
Alternatively, it's near parking (since there's people in the background, and they just distanced themselves.

Either way, a horrible surprise to come back to and a painful lesson :/
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Lostmycage wrote:What's the story with this picture?
It's from SouperBikePlanet.com. They're posting fan-taken pix from the MotoGP weekend (7/22-7/24) at Laguna Seca near Monterey, CA. These bikes are parked directly in front of a no-parking sign and they're getting towed. These folks took a chance and got busted, is all.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The only red buddy I'm still missing is Jimmy Hoffa. I keep hoping that he'll turn up eventually, but at his age, it doesn't look good.... ;)
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

jrsjr wrote:It's from SouperBikePlanet.com. They're posting fan-taken pix from the MotoGP weekend (7/22-7/24) at Laguna Seca near Monterey, CA. These bikes are parked directly in front of a no-parking sign and they're getting towed. These folks took a chance and got busted, is all.
Dopes.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jrsjr wrote:These folks took a chance and got busted, is all.
Indeed.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

What the heck is that under the back tire of the Buddy? Even magnified I couldn't figure it out...
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

michelle_7728 wrote:What the heck is that under the back tire of the Buddy? Even magnified I couldn't figure it out...
A motorcycle helmet that's sitting on the ground and turned away so that you are looking at the very base of the rear?
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Could very well be. I was thinking maybe it was a device the tow truck driver put on the Buddy so it couldn't be moved, but I think your explanation makes more sense.
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

It's the corner of Perimeter & B Road. I was just there last week. There is no "no parking" sign there, but that doesn't mean you can park wherever the heck you want.

Here's the other side of the sign you can't see: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=laguna+se ... .81,,0,6.6
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

:shock: Okay, I'm impressed.
TVB

Post by TVB »

There's a "No Red Motorbikes" sign nearby. Everyone's always jealous of the red ones, because they go the fastest.