What goes on my front rack?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hipnerd

What goes on my front rack?

Post by Hipnerd »

I just picked up a front rack for my Buddy International from the scooter shop around the corner that was going out of business ($45!)

So now I need to figure out what to put on that rack: Roll bag? Milk crate? Wire basket? Child seat? I'm open to suggestions.

If nothing else, I upped my "bling" factor, but I'd like to make it functional as well.
Meresankh

Post by Meresankh »

Hmmm... A roll bag would be a good option. Would look pretty smart, too.

I figured it was perfect for bringing home 12-packs of soda. A couple of bungee cords and you're good to go! That's what I was gonna use mine for. :)
Nevada Scooter Brigade on Meetup.com
2008 Honda Metropolitan 50cc - Cleo
2007 Genuine Buddy 125 - Nepthys

Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

Meresankh wrote:Hmmm... A roll bag would be a good option. Would look pretty smart, too.

I figured it was perfect for bringing home 12-packs of soda. A couple of bungee cords and you're good to go! That's what I was gonna use mine for. :)
Roll bag that matches :twisted:
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

2 6-packs.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Anything you can fit on there! I've carried everything from a few 12 packs to an entire Ikea bookshelf (flat packed of course) home on my Stella's front rack. Everyone loves a good rack that's well stacked :wink:
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

:P
TVB

Post by TVB »

I would attach a child safety seat, purely for the reactions that it would get from people.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

TVB wrote:I would attach a child safety seat, purely for the reactions that it would get from people.
Ha! good idea TVB. And to finish off the onlookers with a mild heart attack why not put a realistic baby in that seat.I know how evil,I love it! :twisted:
Aerosmith, None Other.
DubSea Scoots

Post by DubSea Scoots »

I've been thinking the same thing! Maybe a car seat with my cat strapped in? Now I just need to find some kitty-goggles... :wink:

If that's too crazy, I'm a fan of the roll bag.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I don't carry anything unless I'm carrying something. It is a bit weird. that thing is always point straight ahead even if you turn. I find stuff on it distracting. So when I need it, I use it when I don't, it's folded up :)
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

hipnerd wrote:So now I need to figure out what to put on that rack: Roll bag? Milk crate? Wire basket? Child seat? I'm open to suggestions.

Member 2715
Chrome Rear Rack
Genuine Top Case
Black Grips
Chrome Front Rack
Garmin GPS & Ram Mount
PIAA HS1
13g Dr. Pully Sliders
Everstart 9-BS AGM Battery
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I carried a personal watermelon on mine the other day, sitting in a half box, and secured with a cargo net. :P
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I have a small black roll bag on mine, looks really nice.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Hipnerd

Post by Hipnerd »

BuddyLicious wrote:
TVB wrote:I would attach a child safety seat, purely for the reactions that it would get from people.
Ha! good idea TVB. And to finish off the onlookers with a mild heart attack why not put a realistic baby in that seat.I know how evil,I love it! :twisted:
Too good to pass up. Making a trip to the flea market / thrift store tomorrow. May mount a camera in with the baby to get reactions...
Hipnerd

Post by Hipnerd »

I'm leaning towards the Small Brown Prima Roll Bag. I just wish it wasn't so %$#^ expensive.

I have the St. Tropez with the "officially flismy" matching topcase.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I keep it empty unless I need it. I keep a rats nest of bungee nets & cords in my pet carrier for those occasions.
ModBud #442
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

I put a couple of mirrors and running lights to Mod out my scooter. Otherwise I'm with the others and only use it when needed.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Hipnerd

Post by Hipnerd »

Dibber wrote:I put a couple of mirrors and running lights to Mod out my scooter. Otherwise I'm with the others and only use it when needed.
I'm having trouble picturing how mirrors/lights would be mounted to the rack. I'm leaning towards getting the roll bag because I can take it off when not in use.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Some mirror stems and light kits are meant to clamp to a bar (or the rack tubing) rather than thread in.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

polianarchy wrote:I keep it empty unless I need it. I keep a rats nest of bungee nets & cords in my pet carrier for those occasions.
I put each bungie cord in it's own ziplock snack bag, and the cargo net in a ziplock sandwich bag. Might be a little anal, but on the other hand you can grab one when you need one, without grabbing a bunch of others at the same time. :wink:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

michelle_7728 wrote:
polianarchy wrote:I keep it empty unless I need it. I keep a rats nest of bungee nets & cords in my pet carrier for those occasions.
I put each bungie cord in it's own ziplock snack bag, and the cargo net in a ziplock sandwich bag. Might be a little anal, but on the other hand you can grab one when you need one, without grabbing a bunch of others at the same time. :wink:
I have a length of velcro that I wrap around all my bungees and keep them in the pet carrier. When I want to use the front rack, the velcro goes around the rack to hold it open, then I place whatever I've carrying and bungee it in place. The velcro to hold the rack open is a must IMO.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

viewtopic.php?t=10772&highlight=bailout+bag

^^^^^^^^^
the tactical bailout fits nicely on the front. A great way to carry small tools and fluid bottles on road trips.
Hipnerd

Post by Hipnerd »

I found this:

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Customi ... g/36431760

It's pretty cool, if a little pricey.