Has anyone ever shopped at Athens Scooter Company?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mulliganal

Has anyone ever shopped at Athens Scooter Company?

Post by Mulliganal »

They have free shipping or 10% off but I'm not sure if they're fly-by-night or a reliable online vendor. Has anyone ever purchased accessories from them?

http://www.athensscooterco.com/
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Well...I bought a bit more then "accessories". I bought my Tallia from them and they shipped it to me. They were or still are part of a dealership at the time I bought my scooter. It arrived just fine, they handled all of the paperwork (did title there with my Power of attorney) and once I got it I just changed the title to local. The scooter was already set up at no additional cost, they drained the fluids for the trip. It was nerve racking because they had to find connecting carrier that would take the bike all the way to Maryland so it took a bit of time.. I looked at their website just now. Looks like the same co. The one thing they do need to be reminded of is that there is no 2012 Italia 150 cc. Someone messed up when creating the website.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

I have bought some Vespa parts from them, no issues at all.
Dave
Due rotelle spostano l'anima
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

I try not to bad mouth anyone out right but I have to say I had a horrible experience with them when I bought a Vespa from them on EBay. They made the process miserable on every level. They said they forgot to ship the scooter and them when they did shop it, it arrived damaged due to poor packing. Then I had to fight them to get any of the money for repairs. These guys are awful. I have never trashed anyone on this site but these guys have it coming from me.