Who is this? Taken in Albuquerque today

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jijifer

Who is this? Taken in Albuquerque today

Post by jijifer »

ok, who's this - albuquerque - taken today by a FB friend's boss

jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

It's a Yeti with a backpack of course. :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

jasondavis48108 wrote:It's a Yeti with a backpack of course. :)
Doing the walk of shame...
Syd

Post by Syd »

His mom told him to always walk his bike across intersections.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I just hate to see a 170i down. I hope he just ran out of gas.
Syd

Post by Syd »

jijifer wrote:I just hate to see a 170i down. I hope he just ran out of gas.
I know my eyes aren't s good as they used to be - but how can you tell that it's a 170?
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

IF it's new, maybe he's just breaking it in. Perhaps he was ridding for an hour and he's just letting it cool down. I love PGO manuals. Avoid prolonging the throttling out totally...
Attachments
cooldown (Small).jpg
cooldown (Small).jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Syd wrote:
I know my eyes aren't s good as they used to be - but how can you tell that it's a 170?
it's dark green with that tan seat.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Lotrat wrote:IF it's new, maybe he's just breaking it in. Perhaps he was ridding for an hour and he's just letting it cool down. I love PGO manuals. Avoid prolonging the throttling out totally...
the only time I've pushed my scoot is to get it out of parking spot OR when the spark plug failed the other night.

I hope he got help if he needed it - again, a friend on Facebook - his boss took the picture.

When i was stranded for hours not 1 person pulled over to see if i needed help. One guy walking his dog stopped.
Syd

Post by Syd »

^^ His dog probably thought your scoot was a fire plug.
chickenslut

Post by chickenslut »

Had to push [read: run] my old scoot home when it wouldn't start and I was at the grocery store with 3 bags full of frozen items on one of the hottest days on record in the Chi. Man that was a workout I wish I didn't have to do.

Was about 1/2 mile home too. Pushed the starter, heard a click, nothing else. Bummer.

@jijifer If that was Albuquerque I hope the fuzziness is because his cameraphone sucks and not because it was blistering hot.
TVB

Post by TVB »

jijifer wrote:When i was stranded for hours not 1 person pulled over to see if i needed help. One guy walking his dog stopped.
On the other hand, a couple days ago as I was scooting just outside of Nowhere MI, I stopped by the side of the road for a minute to snap a photo to joke about on my blog. As I was still tapping it out on my phone, an old guy in a truck was already stopping to ask if I needed help.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I idiotically let myself run out of gas a few weeks ago on a double-century day (100 degrees, 100% humidity). I was on a reasonably busy road and pulled off to wait until #1 son showed up with gas. Took about an hour, but there was no way I was pushing the Buddy to the gas station 2+ miles down the road, as I'd probably stroke out. So I sat and percolated and worked on my tan, such as it is. The only shade nearby was swarming with skeeters. One passing motorist asked if I needed help, but as the kid was on the way, I declined.

It didn't help that he shows up with the fuel/oil mix for the weedeater, because "this can looked more full". Grrr. :)
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
TVB

Post by TVB »

chickenslut wrote:@jijifer If that was Albuquerque I hope the fuzziness is because his cameraphone sucks and not because it was blistering hot.
That's definitely the effect of so-called "digital zoom". It's OK on a phone camera, because it's just a phone camera, but never buy a regular camera that advertizes digital (instead of optical) zoom capabilities.
Syd

Post by Syd »

PeteH wrote:double-century day (100 degrees, 100% humidity)
I cringed when I read that.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Scooter stalkers!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

jijifer wrote:
Syd wrote:
Man, I hate to see any rider making the walk of shame. I have done it four times in 33 years of riding. :(
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

jrsjr wrote:
jijifer wrote:
Syd wrote: I know my eyes aren't s good as they used to be - but how can you tell that it's a 170?
Man, I hate to see any rider making the walk of shame. I have done it four times in 33 years of riding. :(
I'm new to riding (2.5 years) not sure what the walk of shame is for scooter? what about it makes you push it?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

jijifer wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
jijifer wrote: it's dark green with that tan seat.
I'm new to riding (2.5 years) not sure what the walk of shame is for scooter? what about it makes you push it?
The last time I pushed one, it was because I was on the side of a mountain in the most desolate, out-of-the way place I'd ever been and a chunk the size of a softball had come out of my rear tire. The tire was a tubeless, so it still held air and the scooter would still roll, um, kinda. I just pushed it down the side of that mountain hoping that I would find either a spot where I had cell service or a place where they had a landline phone.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I pushed my LX for 2 miles. It was harder than I thought it would be.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

When a fuse went out on my MP3 500 (I didn't know that's what it was until later...), luckily, I only had 2 or 3 blocks to push it. That was far enough! Trailered it from there.... :bleh:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Albuquerque, today the 19th of August. I dunno. It is no one I recognize, I got by Scoot Albuquerque in the AM just to see if a Red 99 helix 250 was still for sale, stopped by Lobo Scooters (mostly used and repair) on Central in the University area Just too see whats what, and made it by Free Radicals on Yale and Lead where a prerally ride hosted by the Pharaohs was getting together. I was on a very clean blue Vino and no one was very impressed with that sweet if a bit generic machine. I did not see a Buddy all day! Odd really now that I think of it...? It rained here rained hard a bit after 9:30 tonite. A cold ride home after too much coffee. R
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Syd wrote:
PeteH wrote:double-century day (100 degrees, 100% humidity)
I cringed when I read that.
Holy crap, me too. :)
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Perhaps I exaggerate, but only a wee bit. It was 100% in the morning, with a thick haze in the air, but not cloudy or rainy. The humidity may have dropped to 75 or 80% by mid-day. But still over 100 deg and sticky. We get days like that. Our friends in Louisiana get days like that all summer!

Still, i wasn't up for a two mile push.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

still shifting wrote:Albuquerque, today the 19th of August. I dunno. It is no one I recognize, I got by Scoot Albuquerque in the AM just to see if a Red 99 helix 250 was still for sale, stopped by Lobo Scooters (mostly used and repair) on Central in the University area Just too see whats what, and made it by Free Radicals on Yale and Lead where a prerally ride hosted by the Pharaohs was getting together. I was on a very clean blue Vino and no one was very impressed with that sweet if a bit generic machine. I did not see a Buddy all day! Odd really now that I think of it...? It rained here rained hard a bit after 9:30 tonite. A cold ride home after too much coffee. R
A lot of friends at Camp Scoot this weekend. I stayed local(ish) and will do Swerve and Curve.

My friend, Jeremy, was the one who's boss took the photo. Jer is a Pharaoh. Lots of great Pharaoh's in NM. Sweetpea quit his job to open a Scoot shop! I'm surprised to hear there are so many scoot shops there already. I hope Sweetpea's do ok!
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

jijifer wrote:
When i was stranded for hours not 1 person pulled over to see if i needed help. One guy walking his dog stopped.
Perhaps some scooter folks need to take a lesson from cycling road bike folks. When I'm on my bike and look like I need help I can't count the number of folks that ask in passing if I need help, same is true when I see someone that looks like they need help.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

[quote="jijifer"My friend, Jeremy, was the one who's boss took the photo. Jer is a Pharaoh. Lots of great Pharaoh's in NM. Sweetpea quit his job to open a Scoot shop! I'm surprised to hear there are so many scoot shops there already. I hope Sweetpea's do ok![/quote]

Where is Sweet Pea's shop? R
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

still shifting wrote:[quote="jijifer"My friend, Jeremy, was the one who's boss took the photo. Jer is a Pharaoh. Lots of great Pharaoh's in NM. Sweetpea quit his job to open a Scoot shop! I'm surprised to hear there are so many scoot shops there already. I hope Sweetpea's do ok!
Where is Sweet Pea's shop? R[/quote]

What I glean from his Facebook post about it, Sean's shop is where TWD is? Not sure what that means. Sean just posted last week he was officially unemployed and opening the shop. someone asked if it was where TWD was and he said yes that service area is 75% but the retail space still needs lots of work.

Met Sweetpea/Sean in 2010 at the San Diego Pharaoh rally and then again at High Rollers this past february. the NM Pharaohs are a nice bunch of folks!
scooterjon
Banned

Post by scooterjon »

The walk of shame :lol: that is a good one. I had to do that with broken buddy many times..
rajron

Post by rajron »

Albuquerque!

Hey I know that town – Albuquerque certainly doesn’t come up in too many scooter conversations it’s almost like making it on the headlines or at least the first page.
I know it’s not me, I have a black vintage Buddy, and I’m haven’t been home for a month.