Bag of bolts! Lost photos of where they go!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mhardgrove

Bag of bolts! Lost photos of where they go!

Post by mhardgrove »

So, took pics when I disassembled my scooter to know how to reinstall it. Like a moron didn't email them to myself and lost them, and now I have a big bag of various bolts and screws! Anyone know where I can find an exploded diagram of the body plastics and what bolt or screw goes where? There is nothing like this showing in the service manual. Thanks in advance!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

What all parts do you have off?

I would suggest start with counting each type of bolt/screw, label them in piles, count what you need and divide them.

Start with the longer steel machine thread bolts as there are only a few places they go (if you stripped that far) and screw them in just a few turns where they go.

We ended up with two different screws on the tail section under the rear brake light after our last full body swap. Someday I will find new matching screws for them.

Be sure to look for and count the little metal clips that are everywhere on the plastic panels - and pre-match thiose wider head and thicker screws to them.

The really smaller screws will go into platic without a metal clip like the windshield panel two screws that you remove from the back.

Depending on what all is off this could be hairy or no problem! Hope this helps you get started at least!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I could probably tell you where most of them go :lol:
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

Contact Scooter lounge. He may have some. This one appears on his site, but I don't see it in the Buddy manual:
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125transmission
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Exploded parts diagrams:
topic17349.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

Thanks Eric for the diagram, exactly what I needed!