Thinking of installing one of these by my front walkway...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

My suggestion if you are going to go with a tall loop like your original image is that you don't bolt it to the concrete. There is enough leverage in that thing to yank your anchors right out.

If you want to bolt it figure out a way to set them in the wet concrete. If you drill existing concrete and use expansion anchors they will rip out.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Reesh wrote:Alas it's in front of my house! If it were out back, I'd have zero issues building a scoot shed.

Here's what I've got to work with:
I would honestly say stick with that location instead of trying to put it in that somewhat concealed corner. That corner can provide enough coverage and shadow, especially with a scoot parked there, for someone to just duck down and fiddle with whatever you are using to anchor and chain your scoot there. Just like hedges would..
If you have a motion sensor flood light on this area, a durable anchor cemented in there, and chain, the spot you are looking to make your scooter pad would be perfect. In plain view of the front door, and for neighbors to see if someone suspicious is messing with your scoot as well.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Reesh wrote:
Stormswift wrote:Here is what I did
That looks great. DIY?
Nope. Did not have a drill powerful enough and concrete slabs are kind of heavy. I paid the landscaping guy in my neighborhood. HE also planted new bushes (the old ones dies this past winter). I wanted bushes for concealment. I also cover my scooter when not in use. The addition of a windshield created pretty tall profile that no bush will cover but it does pacify HOA and looks nice
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Ray Knobs wrote:My suggestion if you are going to go with a tall loop like your original image is that you don't bolt it to the concrete. There is enough leverage in that thing to yank your anchors right out.

If you want to bolt it figure out a way to set them in the wet concrete. If you drill existing concrete and use expansion anchors they will rip out.
^truth :wink:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Reesh

Post by Reesh »

All great advice guys-- I am thinking of getting one of those smaller anchors now-- I guess I just didn't realize they existed! Thanks for the tips!
2010 Buddy SI 150 RIP "Peapod"
2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super "Peapod the White" back and more powerful than ever!
2007 Trek Pilot 5.0
2008 Gary Fisher Supercaliber
2003 Toyota Corolla LE
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Keep us up to date on the progress towards replacing your scoot, too!

My wife saw a woman on an Italia yesterday. I said, "hey, that might be Reesh.... oh, wait.... :( "
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Reesh

Post by Reesh »

Well, once the insurance comes through I'm sealing the deal on a 2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super. I'm really, really excited about it! I will post pics once I get it's in my possession.
2010 Buddy SI 150 RIP "Peapod"
2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super "Peapod the White" back and more powerful than ever!
2007 Trek Pilot 5.0
2008 Gary Fisher Supercaliber
2003 Toyota Corolla LE
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Just saw these the other day, thought of you......

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs ... perPage=20
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

Reesh wrote:Well, once the insurance comes through I'm sealing the deal on a 2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super. I'm really, really excited about it! I will post pics once I get it's in my possession.
i just really want to know what you're looking at in your profile photo. it reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg piece:

"If you asked my sister Wendy if she thought I was weird, she'd say, "Yeah." But thats bullshit 'cause she's weird, cause she like has a family and a family picture on their VCR where they're all looking slightly to the left. Like something over there happened, and made everybody happy. But my sister's cross-eyed, so she can't quite pull it off. One eye is right the frak on."

yeah. :)