Givi rear lugage rack trunk installation hint,

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bilyum

Givi rear lugage rack trunk installation hint,

Post by bilyum »

When mounting g Givi e450 platform on luggage rack I used J bolts. Can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot for chump change. It saves a load of other hardware and simplifies installation.
Good luck!
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

How one mounts a Givi plate varies wildly depending on the type of rack one has installed. For example, when mounting a 370 plate to my 250 GTS's stock rack I simply had to find longer bolts. With a Givi rack, I could've used the standard mounting bolts.

Anyway, just a thought: you might want to specify what type of rack you're mounting it to. I like the sound of J bolts, they might actually clean up my installation a bit. Thanks for the tip.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
bilyum

givi mount

Post by bilyum »

The rack I mounted to was a black rack specifically made for buddy. On this rack the bars are not the same plane. They cross each other making mounting more difficult. The J bolts had to be cut .I am surprised that it was so difficult.I did not want to drill the Givi.But as far as I am concerned the J bolts were the easiest way out.
I hope this clears things up for you some. Good luck however you decide to mount it.
Later!