Do you drive your scooter to work?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Keys

Post by Keys »

Always. If it's not raining, I ride. If it snows, I'm okay...it blows off, rain doesn't.

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

I always ride my SH to work. rain or shine.
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I do the same thing but I have to say that it's frightening to think that when we are "too sleepy" to operate a 230lb scooter that we have no issues with operating a 2k lb car. Watch out world :shock:
The issue with riding a bike while sleepy is that two-wheels need a person to be alert enough to balance on those two wheels, so they don't fall over. A car cannot fall over, even if you fall asleep at the wheel. Meaning it is safer to drive a car when sleepy than to ride a motorbike.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Roose Hurro wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:I do the same thing but I have to say that it's frightening to think that when we are "too sleepy" to operate a 230lb scooter that we have no issues with operating a 2k lb car. Watch out world :shock:
The issue with riding a bike while sleepy is that two-wheels need a person to be alert enough to balance on those two wheels, so they don't fall over. A car cannot fall over, even if you fall asleep at the wheel. Meaning it is safer to drive a car when sleepy than to ride a motorbike.
Safer for the driver, maybe. Would you want to be riding your scooter next to the guy who decided it was better to take the car in case of falling asleep at the wheel?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Roose Hurro

Post by Roose Hurro »

ericalm wrote:Safer for the driver, maybe. Would you want to be riding your scooter next to the guy who decided it was better to take the car in case of falling asleep at the wheel?
Heh... the "safe" part was relative. I'm hoping you got the point. And really, that's the whole point of driving a car rather than riding a motorbike: You arriving safely at your destination, rather than falling off your bike and ending up road-pizza.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

As I mentioned earlier, I've been treating the Buddy as my 'default' go-to-work vehicle (except for the aforementioned torrential rains, snow on the roads, etc.) since January. Some of my enthusiasm is novelty, of course, but I just ordered a heavier armored jacket to keep me a bit warmer than the mesh I'm using now, extending the comfortable season further.

It's funny - my coworker _was_ a riding enthusiast - he had a Gold Wing Aspencade that he'd ride almost every day, at least in the summer. He traded it in on a Victory Hammer S, and I've seen that bike maybe twice. He's got about the same commute as me (< 10 mi), but drives the Honda Pilot virtually every day. Go figure.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

In the weather is rainy, snowy, or below freezing I drive. In any other situation I scoot. If I have a million student papers to carry (teacher), then I sometimes opt to drive, but only when I have to worry about them getting wet or mangled.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

jonlink wrote:In the weather is rainy, snowy, or below freezing I drive. In any other situation I scoot. If I have a million student papers to carry (teacher), then I sometimes opt to drive, but only when I have to worry about them getting wet or mangled.
interesting..."sorry kid, the scooter ate your homework"
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

ericalm wrote: Got pics of this? :)
Indeed I do! No pictures of anyone waving or anything though, I don't want to seem like a total creeper.

It's a little windy, so the bottom and lower right corner got cut off right as I took the picture. My bad.

I actually had a guy on a Ninja come in about an hour ago that said, "That scooter out there is yours? That sign is awesome by the way, if you don't mind I'd like to take a picture of it." ...we went on to talk about different kinds of bikes for different purposes and such... He ended up taking a picture of the sign with his phone and waving as he rode by the front door.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

AWinn6889 wrote:
Indeed I do! No pictures of anyone waving or anything though, I don't want to seem like a total creeper.

It's a little windy, so the bottom and lower right corner got cut off right as I took the picture. My bad.

I actually had a guy on a Ninja come in about an hour ago that said, "That scooter out there is yours? That sign is awesome by the way, if you don't mind I'd like to take a picture of it." ...we went on to talk about different kinds of bikes for different purposes and such... He ended up taking a picture of the sign with his phone and waving as he rode by the front door.
This is awesome. Luckily, I work at a gas station with an old service bay that was shut down- both I and my coworker (who rides a Ruckus) park and lock up our scoots in the bay. I have a bunch of regulars who ride scoots or cycles, and one who rides a bike and pilots a helicopter that was SUPER excited about my scoot (and super jealous...) but I wouldn't trust some other the other weirdos who come through my station, since my view from the register is limited 0.o
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

peabody99 wrote:
jonlink wrote:In the weather is rainy, snowy, or below freezing I drive. In any other situation I scoot. If I have a million student papers to carry (teacher), then I sometimes opt to drive, but only when I have to worry about them getting wet or mangled.
The guy we bought the BMW R75/5 from was a teacher. He told us a story about how one day, riding home on I95, his bag flew off the back and papers scattered all over the highway. As it was commuting time, cars were slowed, and some stopped so he could gather up the papers. When handing them back to the students, he had to explain why a few of them had tire treads on them.

He promptly took our money and bought a new Stella!
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

siobhan wrote:
peabody99 wrote:
The guy we bought the BMW R75/5 from was a teacher. He told us a story about how one day, riding home on I95, his bag flew off the back and papers scattered all over the highway. As it was commuting time, cars were slowed, and some stopped so he could gather up the papers. When handing them back to the students, he had to explain why a few of them had tire treads on them.

He promptly took our money and bought a new Stella!
Poppycock. People aren't that nice on I95. :wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

AWinn6889 wrote:
Indeed I do!
LOVE this.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

ericalm wrote:
AWinn6889 wrote:
Indeed I do!
LOVE this.
A lot of people seem to get a good kick out of it. I did have an old lady turn around and give me the stink eye earlier, I just smiled and waved :roll:
And for those who notice, yes I do realize that I write "a"s differently in parts of this... idk why, it just seems to happen when I start writing stuff.
Gertie

Have been riding to work also

Post by Gertie »

I have been riding also nearly everyday for work unless it is raining still a newbie. It is so much fum working on having right gear to stay warm
Lynn
Meresankh

Post by Meresankh »

I ride a scooter to work most days, almost year round. I also ride to pet sits, to the grocery store, to Target, Wal-mart, and many other places, including Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Springs.

I put 8600 miles on my 50 cc Met in the last 3 years riding all over the Las Vegas valley. I'm looking forward to racking up the miles on my Buddy.

I do have access to a car should I need it, but I don't own a car at present. I have to admit, though, that if I had both a car and the scoots, I would totally be a fair-weather rider. To me, when the temps are over 100 or under 65, riding is just not fun. That, and I like wearing long, flowy skirts with heels, and that's just not a good idea on the scoot.
Nevada Scooter Brigade on Meetup.com
2008 Honda Metropolitan 50cc - Cleo
2007 Genuine Buddy 125 - Nepthys

Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

I drive Mrs. Jones everywhere… But rarely to work. Mainly because my work involves drums,music, and traveling. Hundred miles a week at least.
Twitter: @Drjuggernaught
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

ericalm wrote:
Roose Hurro wrote:
Safer for the driver, maybe. Would you want to be riding your scooter next to the guy who decided it was better to take the car in case of falling asleep at the wheel?
yup, this was my whole point eric :) Every morning on my commute to work I think about all those folks in their giant SUVs who would be "too sleepy to ride" :shock: I think it says a lot about human nature (myself included) when we think so exclusively about our own safety.

When we are too sleepy to ride so we drive to work it could very easily be us giving the police officer the BS response" I just didn't see him officer" and then we would all be on here talking about how that a**hole should do some time. :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:
AWinn6889 wrote:
Indeed I do!
LOVE this.
Me too- great sign!
Mybuddy09

Post by Mybuddy09 »

I love how much i save on gas. the expedition is a gas guzzler. I ride daily to and from work about 14 miles each way.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Well, I gotta admit, there is the fuel saving benefit of riding the scooter to work.
I have always said,
"Even after a bad day at work, the ride home tends to put a smile back on my face..... "

Now that the weather has cooled off and has been more unpredictable all I see in the 'cycle' parking work is the scooters!
One BV500 (owner rides by choice)
One 'Pep-Boys' special 150 (owner has no other vehicle)
And my Buddy (owner is slightly "touched-in-the-head')

All summer long there has been anywhere between 15-30 other bikes of ALL levels of 'testosterone replacement values' of Harleys, V-Stars, Triumphs, cruisers and sport bikes, now just the scooters
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I've only been riding for 4 months, but I rode alot more than I drove since I got started; my commute is between 8 - 10 miles depending on which side roads I take (now that the temp is dropping I try to ride on streets where I can drop my average speed by 10+mph due to the cold that comes with wind;

I fear that I'm not going to be riding nearly as much due to the onset of mid-autumn and approaching winter :cry:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

KABarash wrote: Now that the weather has cooled off and has been more unpredictable all I see in the 'cycle' parking work is the scooters!

All summer long there has been anywhere between 15-30 other bikes of ALL levels of 'testosterone replacement values' of Harleys, V-Stars, Triumphs, cruisers and sport bikes, now just the scooters
this is exactly what I saw when I lived in Cleveland. MC's disappeared if there was a drop of rain or it was even slightly chilly. I think the thought of wearing a helmet (even for head warming) was abhorrent. Conversely, in SD the opposite is true. The scooters disappear when the temps are below 65. My thermometer is a the scooter/mc parking at a local law school in the neighborhood where I live. I am actually pretty impressed the MCs are still there in the rain. The scooters, not so much.
lilguy

Post by lilguy »

I ride my Buddy 50 to work every day, hot, cold, rainy, or sunny...not snow. I got it in April 2010 and have about 4500 miles. Last year I stopped riding mid-December and by that point I had driven in some cold weather, lowest I remember was 23 degrees. I'm going to see if I can keep my scooter out longer this year since I won't be going back home to CA for the usual 3-week stay. Hopefully we don't get too much snow this year though because I have only rode in flurries, snow would be new.
davekathi2000

Post by davekathi2000 »

Certainly, that's why I bought it.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Well, I don't save money riding. The bike was pricey, the parts can be even more so, the tires will last MAYBE 4000 miles and for what I save in gas (only 60mpg) I spend on being snobbish about my 2T oil (only Motul 710). Then there's the bling that will go with this new scooter, and the specialty tools to work on it....

I don't think any of us are driven by dollar signs when we bought our scooters. Sure, we use that excuse to everyone else, but let's be honest... these are just too damn fun!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
rajron

Post by rajron »

I ride to work as often as possible – always a fair weather rider though I have gotten braver and venture into cooler weather more so than in the past.
Riding scooters since 2006 still haven’t saved any money, but, my car is now a low mileage used car.
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

neotrotsky wrote:I don't think any of us are driven by dollar signs when we bought our scooters. Sure, we use that excuse to everyone else, but let's be honest... these are just too damn fun!
The dollars motivated me, but the fun is why I put up with the added risk.

I get much better gas mileage than you on my commuter -- about 96mpg. Compare that to 20mpg on my Pilot and I'm saving quite a bit. My commute is about 20 miles each way, so 200 miles a week of driving with gas at $3.50 translates to about $35 in gas a week vs about $7 in gas a week.

Over a year, I'll work 50 weeks or so, which means $1400 savings in gas alone. Given maintenance is cheaper on the PCX, and my insurance fully covered costs me under an additional $300 per year for the PCX, I'm racking up over $1000 saved a year from scooting. The savings are almost identical if I take my Buddy. 8)
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

I currently have an 80mi one way commute, and I take the blackjack. The air horn is great for the bleary-eyed cagers.

If you have the proper gear, there is no bad weather.

-duo
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Yesterday I rode to work in the (light) rain, I walked in with my helmet wearing my gear, "Hey did you ride today?" No I said, "I wear my gear while driving my Jeep!!!"

Today it was hovering just about 50*, "Hey how do you ride in weather like this?" I answered "Sitting squarely on my seat just like any other day........" :P
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
flexx75

Post by flexx75 »

I have been riding for almost 2 months now and only ride to work on fridays.
I pickup my son from school the other 4 days of the week.
The commute is 15 miles each direction.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I used to ride every day, but I've been carpooling with my wife about half the time for the past few months. One reason: scooterless for much of the summer. Other reason: we work about a mile apart.

We can brag about MPGs all we want, but it's kind of moot when I ride while my wife drives or when I'm riding 100s of miles for fun on weekends. :)
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

ericalm wrote:I used to ride every day, but I've been carpooling with my wife about half the time for the past few months. One reason: scooterless for much of the summer. Other reason: we work about a mile apart.

We can brag about MPGs all we want, but it's kind of moot when I ride while my wife drives or when I'm riding 100s of miles for fun on weekends. :)
I constantly get people commenting on how much gas I save. I don't have the heart to tell them that a 200cc 2-stroke bike run WOT and slung around all weekend doesn't yield much better mileage than a hybrid sedan, but I sure look better doing it and have a HELL of alot more fun!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

neotrotsky wrote:
ericalm wrote:I used to ride every day, but I've been carpooling with my wife about half the time for the past few months. One reason: scooterless for much of the summer. Other reason: we work about a mile apart.

I constantly get people commenting on how much gas I save. I don't have the heart to tell them that a 200cc 2-stroke bike run WOT and slung around all weekend doesn't yield much better mileage than a hybrid sedan, but I sure look better doing it and have a HELL of alot more fun!
While spewing way more pollutants in the air! :P
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

When I got the mothership, my trip to work was 1.5 miles each way 10-15 days a month. I moved closer after that first year and was walking 75% of the time since. Now my lease is about to expire and rent going up 25% over the next 3 years, so I'm out. The new place will be about 6 miles each way, so I'm looking forward to getting more time in the saddle starting next year.
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

My commute is only 2.5 miles each way, so I ride everyday to work. 20F outside...no problem. Raining cats and dogs.....no problem (I just carry dry clothes to change into at work). Only very heavy snow in the morning puts me on the bus.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

So I wasn't on my way to work, but I was at Subway for lunch on my break. I parked right up front, because I was only going in for a minute, I didn't want to take the time to apply the disc lock... there were two pretty tough looking old dudes in line in front of me.

One said "Isn't it a bit cold out for the bike little lady?"
I said "Nah, it's great! It's sunny and about 50, absolutely beautiful weather!"
The other said "It's nice out yeah, but I wouldn't be out on my motorcycle in this cold, the wind has to make it feel like 30!"
I said "Eh, it starts to get a little chilly when it's 40 out and I'm going 65 mph... but with the right gear, I'm just fine!"
Both laughed politely and the first one said "Well that's great. Kids these days are such sissies! I haven't seen a youngin out on a bike in a few weeks now!"
The other said "Impressive that little thing can go that fast."
I laughed and said "Actually, it can go faster, but I can't on this road," and pointed to the Sheriff sitting at the end of the parking lot.
They laughed, and agreed. Then they got their lunch and wished me a good day, walked out of the shop and checked out my scooter. The first one chuckled and nodded his head. They waved and got in their giant pick-up truck and pulled off.

I have to agree with them, I haven't seen any younger people out on bikes for a few weeks now either. Today was absolutely beautiful, I would have taken the scoot to my other job (where I am now) but there was a 40% chance for light rain at 7pm... which translates to 100% chance for absolute downpour around 6, 6:30, and now again at 7.
The temperature has dropped to about 40, and it's just super unpleasant in the rain with that much of a chill.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Fair weather riders! :P

I say that but if I lived somewhere it got really cold and wet, I can't really say what I'd do.

Even here in SoCal, though, there are many riders who hang up there helmets as soon as the temps dip into the 50s. I love riding when it's around 45°-55°.
supermach

Post by supermach »

AWinn6889 wrote:So I wasn't on my way to work, but I was at Subway for lunch on my break. I parked right up front, because I was only going in for a minute, I didn't want to take the time to apply the disc lock... there were two pretty tough looking old dudes in line in front of me.

One said "Isn't it a bit cold out for the bike little lady?"
I said "Nah, it's great! It's sunny and about 50, absolutely beautiful weather!"
The other said "It's nice out yeah, but I wouldn't be out on my motorcycle in this cold, the wind has to make it feel like 30!"
I said "Eh, it starts to get a little chilly when it's 40 out and I'm going 65 mph... but with the right gear, I'm just fine!"
Both laughed politely and the first one said "Well that's great. Kids these days are such sissies! I haven't seen a youngin out on a bike in a few weeks now!"
The other said "Impressive that little thing can go that fast."
I laughed and said "Actually, it can go faster, but I can't on this road," and pointed to the Sheriff sitting at the end of the parking lot.
They laughed, and agreed. Then they got their lunch and wished me a good day, walked out of the shop and checked out my scooter. The first one chuckled and nodded his head. They waved and got in their giant pick-up truck and pulled off.

I have to agree with them, I haven't seen any younger people out on bikes for a few weeks now either. Today was absolutely beautiful, I would have taken the scoot to my other job (where I am now) but there was a 40% chance for light rain at 7pm... which translates to 100% chance for absolute downpour around 6, 6:30, and now again at 7.
The temperature has dropped to about 40, and it's just super unpleasant in the rain with that much of a chill.
Well talking about sissy here in my town they all think i'm a sissy because I drive a scooter but today it was 65 out and there were guys out on there motorcycle with ALL OUT WINTER GEAR and i'm talking about heated cloths, leather jacket, winter mask, and leather Chap-Pants....

It was 65 out!!!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

@Ericalm. I love the 45-55 too, as long as there isn't a very chilly wind to go along with it! 45-55 with sun is great! But 45-55 with a wind chill of 10* lower, and some clouds, not so nice.

@Supermach. Same here, all of the guys on bikes around here are all decked out with heavy jackets, all the cold weather gear. I went to Subway in a hoodie, not even one of the fleece-lined type ones, a VERY thin hoodie... and I was just fine. My eyes were the only thing giving me a problem from the cold, but it's not like I can put mittens on them!
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Anything above 35 is OK with me as I only have a 6-mile (one-way) commute. As for bundling-up, you gotta remember that some of us 1950 and earlier models have a few miles on the clock and are affected a bit more by cooler temps. In my case, blood takes about 3 days to make the rounds of my circulatory system, not counting nights, weekends, and federal holidays.
Bulls Eye

Post by Bulls Eye »

I ride about 4 miles to work every day it's not raining or too cold or (this is common where I am) too dusty and windy.
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

I have an internship and work, so some days I'm riding 16 miles to the internship, 11 miles from there to work work, then 13 miles home.

More miles = more fun! :P
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

-For photography and to go to the coffee shop to write, definately.
-For all my normal driving needs, absolutely.
-To get to the studio...never. By the time I'm geared up and ready to ride, I could have walked down the hall ages ago! :clown: (home studio)
awatkins

Riding Scooter to Work

Post by awatkins »

Just new to this scooter gig, but I ride mine, weather permitting. I'm in Ohio and were at the time of the year when the weather starts to fluctuate. For now, I ride at least two to three times a week. After mid-November, I will probably have to secure it over the winter and pick up again in April.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

:shock:

Uuuugggghhhhh I could barely stand existence this morning. I dreaded the gap between warm bed-> losing the pjs-> gaining the work outfit+gear-> getting outside. Once I was outside, though, and on the scoot, I was fine. Cold didn't bother me as much. Not because of the gear- my gear is terribly under-par still at the moment.

Just because I realized that my commute has become so fun now :lol:
Tam Tam

every day

Post by Tam Tam »

15 mile round trip a day - if there's no rain, i ride.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i ride it everywhere :D
Riding is riding
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Well, as of today I am joining the ranks of those who scooter commute to work 5 days a week. I just accepted a position that will involve a 15 mile commute each way (West Hollywood to El Segundo). So after 3+ years spent putting 17,500 pure pleasure miles on my scooter, now I will be racking up an extra 150 miles per week commuting—rain or shine, warm or cold, happy or sad, tired or rested, healthy or sick, hungry or fed... good God, what have I done!

This is going to be a BIG BIG BIG change for me after working out of my home office for the past 8 years. I made my own hours, worked in my PJ's, and had a 10 yard commute. All very nice. But though it is farther away, happily my new office is very MC friendly. There is secure, covered, FREE motorcycle parking about 20 yards from the building entrance. Very cool. There were 6 MC's there today when I interviewed. No scooters other than me... (represent!)

When it comes to riding a scooter to work, there are so many things I've never had to think about. I definitely need to get some good office-appropriate/scooter-appropiate boots (I'm thinking these) or maybe just change when I get to the office.

It is the "you have to ride in all-weather no matter what your mood" that is the biggest negative to me. Not so much riding in cold, but rain. I have a great cold weather jacket and armored overpants for the cold. The overpants are a year round must to me because dress pants are so useless for warmth and protection you might as well ride naked. Eventually I'll have to get some simple summer MC pants.

But riding in the rain. Yuck. I have ridden in major downpours before but I have always been able to avoid riding in the rain when I was not in the mood (or even when not in the mood on sunny days). And I'll have no excuses and get no sympathy at work on rainy days—my new über-boss rides a MC to work every day all the way from Glendale (about 30 miles each way—twice as far as me). So no whining allowed.

So, a great opportunity and a great new scooting adventure awaits me. I have no doubt I will learn many new tricks and efficiencies to help make the rides more safe and enjoyable. And on those cold rainy days when I'd really rather not be riding, I guess I'll just have to try mentally counting money. :P
Last edited by Skootz Kabootz on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

you're going to love it, skootz. its just like riding any other time. and while you may think your "pleasure miles" might be the only kind of pleasurable miles their are, well, that would not be an accurate statement

i think since you love to ride as much as you do you'll get the most out of this experience. and as you know, whether or not the workday has been good or bad, once on the scooter that's all that matters. because that's all that can matter. so work is immediately left behind. by the time you get home or to wherever you are going (lane splitting all the while) work is behind you. riding in? it's all about riding. so whatever awaits you at work isn't sitting with you in traffic as with others. you get a break twice a day :)

no traffic jams, 15 miles of surface streets. nothing on your mind but the ride. i think you'll find that quite pleasurable at times.

weather? well, alternative transportation if you like. could workout nicely for you and afford you a break in the daily ride routine. imagine riding everyday to work and actually liking it. here comes the rain. ride the scooter (maybe) or take a break from the scooter (maybe). it's your choice so its win win. and if you make a hard and fast rule not to ride to work in the rain, you'll be looking forward to those sunny days after a few days of that nonsense. i mean it's get a ride, public trans, or get a car

a car :shock:

suit and tie? nice pair of "made for" riding coveralls. all nice and neat underneath, ready for the day ahead. if there were any phone booths left you could duck into one and emerge like superman

but sure, that works. man you're lucky, you get to ride to work :)
Riding is riding