Dealers having a hard time getting Genuine parts?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mhardgrove

Dealers having a hard time getting Genuine parts?

Post by mhardgrove »

So, about 2 months ago I ordered an 84 cent centerstand spring from Sportique for my Buddy 125. Today I was told the dealership was having a really hard time getting any replacement parts from Genuine. Anyone else having parts issues? I don't care considering its an odd part that costs less than a soda, but wouldn't like a 2 month wait for important parts.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Never had a problem, a week usually with shipping...backorders notwithstanding. And of course NO company can predict the demand for, nor keep EVERY single part in stock all the time.

Try Motorsport perhaps or another dealer?
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

our parts ALWAYS took forever. I guess a part we waited on for 6 months showed up 2 months after we closed shop :lol:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hmm… tried ordering directly from Scooterworks?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
supermach

Re: Dealers having a hard time getting Genuine parts?

Post by supermach »

mhardgrove wrote:So, about 2 months ago I ordered an 84 cent centerstand spring from Sportique for my Buddy 125. Today I was told the dealership was having a really hard time getting any replacement parts from Genuine. Anyone else having parts issues? I don't care considering its an odd part that costs less than a soda, but wouldn't like a 2 month wait for important parts.
Go here: www.scooterloungeonline.com Your welcome 8)
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Backorders are not uncommon for certain items for all the Taiwanese brands.

It goes like this: The U.S. distributor looks at what they shipped to dealers in the last year or two, checks against what they got caught with pants-down and didn't order enough to have on-hand, orders more of those, and less of the stuff they have collecting dust in the warehouse.

They place a major parts order maybe twice a year, and get it all shipped at one time. When that stuff runs low, the backorders start cropping up.

So yeah, sometimes they get caught by surprise. For me, with Kymco, it turns out rear brake pads were an issue (People 250; probably everyone wore them out at the same rate, and replaced them about the time I did). :) Fortunately, those pads are also the same as pads for the Ninja 250, etc., and don't have to come from KymcoUSA.
synaps3

Re: Dealers having a hard time getting Genuine parts?

Post by synaps3 »

supermach wrote:Go here: www.scooterloungeonline.com Your welcome 8)
^ I second that recommendation... I ordered a few parts from them for the Buddy 125 I'm fixing up, they had to get a few of them ordered from the factory, but it still took under 2 weeks. They shipped the portion of my order that was in stock first, then shipped the rest of it as it arrived in individual boxes. I was impressed. :)
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)