Digital thermometer for scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

heyitsomid

Digital thermometer for scooter

Post by heyitsomid »

Hi guys,
I haven't added it to my scooter yet but I'm planning to.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/digital-co ... nsor-15553
It's in C but you can convert to F by soldering one of the bridges. There is a picture of how to do that on their customer pictures tab. It ships from Hong Kong so it takes a while but they don't charge for shipping somehow.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Well it would, in time teach me to think in celsius... R
teabow1

Post by teabow1 »

I have never been able to think or feel in F. I came to this country over two decades ago and I still think and feel in C. All my weather stations at home are in C.
superseagulls

Post by superseagulls »

teabow1 wrote:I have never been able to think or feel in F. I came to this country over two decades ago and I still think and feel in C. All my weather stations at home are in C.
Where are you from originally? As an immigrant from the UK myself, I find myself caught between both standards, weather strangely has become Deg F, although I was very deg C in the UK, Weight is lb's (or stones), and measurement of length very metric, microns, millimeters etc!
But then the UK has always been very mixed over the standards!
Last edited by superseagulls on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
People say that I'm crazy
But I'm not that way inclined
I know what I know and I'll happily show
That madness is all in the mind
teabow1

Post by teabow1 »

superseagulls wrote:
teabow1 wrote:I have never been able to think or feel in F. I came to this country over two decades ago and I still think and feel in C. All my weather stations at home are in C.
Where are you from originally? As an immigrant from the UK myself, I find myself caught between both standards, weather strangely has become Deg F, although I was very deg C in the UK, Weight is lb's (or stones), and measurement of length very metric, microns, millimeters etc!
But then the IK has always been very mixed over the standards!
Originally from Hong Kong.

Because I trained as a runner in the U.S. and learnt to drive in the U.S., I think in terms of miles for long distances but for short distances or measurements, it's all metres, mm or cm and never inches or feet. Odd isn't it?
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

The LCD readout is not intended for outdoor use. Be carefull where you mount it.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

superseagulls wrote:
But then the UK has always been very mixed over the standards!
Lokky always crabs about Fahrenheit. And any unit of measurement that isn't metric. And 12-hour time. XD
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

teabow1 wrote:measurements, it's all metres, mm or cm and never inches or feet. Odd isn't it?
Odd ain't the word for it...
As a Land surveyor I've always measured in feet, tenths and hundredths of a foot.....
In the old days, a 'perch' or rod was 16.5 feet A Gunther's chain is sixty six feet, seven inches....... (Hmmmm...... isn't that 20 meters?)
Though I could NEVER grasp metric!!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Ethan Allison

Post by Ethan Allison »

the metric system for distance is pansy BS. if i'm going 100 of something, i want it to be legitimately fast. the metric(type) system for temperature is also BS. When it is hot, the temp should be in triple digits, not at 38C. the metric system just isn't scaled for awesome, and that's why the US doesn't use it.
teabow1

Post by teabow1 »

Ethan Allison wrote:
the metric system for distance is pansy BS. if i'm going 100 of something, i want it to be legitimately fast. the metric(type) system for temperature is also BS. When it is hot, the temp should be in triple digits, not at 38C. the metric system just isn't scaled for awesome, and that's why the US doesn't use it.
Ha ha. I can't remember if Celsius is considered metric. Kelvin is the S.I unit for temperature, not Celsius.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

why not look localy there are tons of them at places like fleet farm menards home depot walmart and even your local parts store
that have an exterior sensor
and they can be had for right around 5 bucks
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
DanielPerrin

Re: Digital thermometer for scooter

Post by DanielPerrin »

heyitsomid wrote:Hi guys,
I haven't added it to my scooter yet but I'm planning to.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/digital-co ... nsor-15553
I looked at a digital clock about this size over the weekend. I ended up deciding that it would look too big with the little handlebar cover. Before you buy this, you may want to cut out a piece of cardboard or something and figure out where it would fit. The price certainly makes it appealing!
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I think it's a rectal thermometer, you might have to install it in your tail...pipe
:)