Denver wins

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Raiderfn311

Denver wins

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Denver wins
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

troll.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Lived there for a dozen years, been away for even longer, but I still gotta root for the Broncos.

Until next week, that is. NE crushes them in Foxboro.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Patriots vs Broncos? Oh dear, how will I choose? : )
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

illnoise wrote:troll.
Dude dont call me a troll. I was just posting a NFL score.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I've lived in Boston and I've lived just north of Denver. What to do. What to do...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww football. Or, handegg, as I've been prodded to call it :roll:

Can we get a NSR?
paikkylee

Post by paikkylee »

There is precious little that makes me happier than seeing the Steelers lose!
Orange '08 Buddy 125
Seafoam Buddy "72" - Sold
Raleigh MTB - Bar ends and slicks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Denver wins what? This should at least be [NSR]. :P
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I'm in Denver, and while not a rabid football fan I like to see my home team do well.

There were fights, car accidents, and general 'overzealousness'.

And that's coming from a guy who's trained in martial arts most of his life and appreciates revelry.

Lesson: be pleased that your team does well but take it down a notch.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

skully93 wrote:

I lived in Denver when they won back-to-back Super Bowls... they turned over cars set them on fire... very classy...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I was clubbing that night! it was right after a NY too!

I remember being very scared in my tiny honda civic.

We like it crazy in Denver I guess.
Syd

Post by Syd »

iMoses wrote:
skully93 wrote:

I lived in Denver when they won back-to-back Super Bowls... they turned over cars set them on fire... very classy...
Times change, I guess...
I lived in Denver when they lost -big- in an earlier Superbowl. The estimates were upwards to a half million fans came out to the airport in support.

Many police forces have bait cars that they use to catch opportunistic car thieves. Why don't they plant bait flip-and-burn cars for after big pro sport team wins?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

An NSR would've been nice. I thought maybe we won "Best Scooter City" or something like that.

Not much of a football fan but we live 2 blocks up the street from Mile High. The crowds we observed (as in, we actually saw these people) were a tad overzealous and loud but we didn't see any loathsome behavior. I remember coming out of the Pepsi Center about an hour after the Avs skated around the arena with the Stanley Cup, only to smell tear gas in the air. It was wafting over from Lodo where a handful of drunken idiots were rampaging. It's amazing how much damage 20 drunks can do in a short time.

Many cities respond poorly to losing and winning. Usually, it's a few troublemakers looking for any excuse to do damage. Unfortunately, some cities take it to extremes and stain reputations for years or decades (cough, Vancouver; cough cough, Detroit). Sports related riots aren't new either, one good example being the Rocket Richard riot in Montreal in 1955.

In the 15-plus years we've been season ticket holders for the Avs, we've seen a couple of "almost fights" between locals and visiting fans of certain clubs. The one common denominator in all of these altercations? You guessed it: alcohol.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Oh I bet!

We'll have to get together then sometime. We live near 1st and Sante Fe.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I was happy to see them beat Pittsburgh and would love for them to beat New England. I think a Denver-Houston AFC Championship would be a hoot to watch! Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

gt1000 wrote:An NSR would've been nice. I thought maybe we won "Best Scooter City" or something like that.

Not much of a football fan but we live 2 blocks up the street from Mile High. The crowds we observed (as in, we actually saw these people) were a tad overzealous and loud but we didn't see any loathsome behavior. I remember coming out of the Pepsi Center about an hour after the Avs skated around the arena with the Stanley Cup, only to smell tear gas in the air. It was wafting over from Lodo where a handful of drunken idiots were rampaging. It's amazing how much damage 20 drunks can do in a short time.

Many cities respond poorly to losing and winning. Usually, it's a few troublemakers looking for any excuse to do damage. Unfortunately, some cities take it to extremes and stain reputations for years or decades (cough, Vancouver; cough cough, Detroit). Sports related riots aren't new either, one good example being the Rocket Richard riot in Montreal in 1955.

In the 15-plus years we've been season ticket holders for the Avs, we've seen a couple of "almost fights" between locals and visiting fans of certain clubs. The one common denominator in all of these altercations? You guessed it: alcohol.
Sorry about the lack of a NSR prefix. Ericalm :sigh: I promise I'll do better!
BigBenlor

Post by BigBenlor »

go tebow!! beat that darn tom brady :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Raiderfn311 wrote:
illnoise wrote:troll.
Dude dont call me a troll. I was just posting a NFL score.
Sorry, I was just hassling you, shoulda smileyd it or something.

Bb.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Don't feed the troll illnoise! JK JK :lol:

Seriously this is a tough one for me, cause I have no love for either team, but the QB's now that is different story...Tom Brady is a Michigan guy so I like him, Tim Tebow is a Florida guy, so I like him. I can't stand the Patriots, and I'm "meh" about the Broncos....ugh, the Broncos will win because "Jesus has a claoking device.like the predator..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY4deQjOrMI
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."