Scooterworks Shipping $

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Raiderfn311

Scooterworks Shipping $

Post by Raiderfn311 »

I was going to order prima magnetic oil plugs from Scooterworks, and the shipping was going to be a little over $10 on a $9 item that weighs much less than a pound. I sent my business to Scooterloungeonline, added an air filter and sparkplug and the shipping was less than $10. Ive ordered filters and other items from Scooterworks and was happy, but this shipping cost was a head-scratcher. Should I give them a call? :?
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

It's a flat fee i think I paid the same for a much larger order. Well worth it for the free lemonheads and knit cap. Scooterworks rules!
2 > 4
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Chilly wrote:It's a flat fee i think I paid the same for a much larger order. Well worth it for the free lemonheads and knit cap. Scooterworks rules!

Scooterworks is great, but that flat fee sucks for small orders!!! I work in shipping and receiving, and what we do is add $5 on top of what it costs us. We use UPS. This is not hard to do.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
15uzu

Post by 15uzu »

Actually, in theory it is easy, but when it comes time to implement in an online environment it can become difficult depending on what CMS you are using.

I work in the clohting manufacture industry & with one of our customers wanted us to do an online unifrom site for their staff state wide. If you are using Virtuamart under Joomla there are some plugins that can be used to "calculate postage based on the deemed cubic weight you assign to a product. Problem is someone has to go & calculate the DCW for each SKU. With the time it can take to do this if you have 1,000 SKU's it's just easier to implement a flat rate system. That way it prompts users to order more each with each order, meaning you are taking more margin with each order, part of which can offset the actual shipping costs.
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Much easier for us because because we dont "calculate" shipping. We base the charges when we actually weigh the package. Yes I agree "calculating" the fee would present problems. :)
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I've had instances when after seeing the auto-calculated shipping price was crazy, I called he company and they figured it out manually and it was much less. You might try giving Scooterworks a call and see what they say.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:I've had instances when after seeing the auto-calculated shipping price was crazy, I called he company and they figured it out manually and it was much less. You might try giving Scooterworks a call and see what they say.
Just lazy here Skootz!! I went over to another site that Id used before and it was over. It's not that I dont like or trust Scooterworks. Hell how can you not like Cherryheads and 2 free shammys!!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Not defending, just saying. Shipping has gone up across the board. Its getting stupid! But I can't blame the shippers with gas over $3 and truck tires at $200 +
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

I thought the internet was freeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

and its not just the cost
but i have order a simple gasket set from them and it came in a huge box
when it would have fit in a large envelope

if i can wait i have the local dealer get the part from scooterworks for me but if i cant wait for there order or its the off season i have to suck it up if i want to deal with scooterworks
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I to, thought the shipping was a little high, I wish they would use the USPS priority mail, or at least give me the option. My oil filter I got last week would have only cost ~$6 via USPS instead of the $10.55 for UPS. But I did get Chewy Lemondrops candy :D .
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

I get my filters from there too, I just got two and a few more little items to justify the 10 bucks. Again not bashing Scooterworks here.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I ordered my oil filter through their Amazon store, or Ebay store.. whichever they have, I don't remember.. and shipping was MUCH less than ordering from their actual online store. Weird, but true.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

AWinn6889 wrote:I ordered my oil filter through their Amazon store, or Ebay store.. whichever they have, I don't remember.. and shipping was MUCH less than ordering from their actual online store. Weird, but true.
Great idea and I will look into it. Haven't seen you in here for awhile Awinn. Hope things are well. :)
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Raiderfn311 wrote:
AWinn6889 wrote:I ordered my oil filter through their Amazon store, or Ebay store.. whichever they have, I don't remember.. and shipping was MUCH less than ordering from their actual online store. Weird, but true.
Great idea and I will look into it. Haven't seen you in here for awhile Awinn. Hope things are well. :)
Oh, things are wonderful.... Other than the horrible, brain numbing cold I am currently suffering from, anyway. My bf got me a wind screen for the scoot for christmas! :) it's the quick-detach scoot 66 from spitfire. Looks pretty good, haven't gotten a chance to test it out yet though, with this whole winter thing going on.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.