vespa in elk grove, ca

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sac bud 125

vespa in elk grove, ca

Post by sac bud 125 »

anyone check out egpowersports.com scooter specials, tried past thurs on new 2009 250gts 3900.00, but out the door totaled 5230.77 per mandy, walked out, suppose to call and update with lower price after ck with boss, no call.
Hellvis

Post by Hellvis »

Alright my friend, I have seen the add you have posted.

So the sale price is 3999.00, down from 5999.00

So, they are telling you that there will be over 1200.00 in fees, taxes, title. etc. etc. This does seem steep to me and doens't look right.

This would mean if they selll the GTS 250 at the standard MRSP price then out the door it would cost you 5999.00 + 1200.00 (min.) = 7200.00

This just doesn't look right.....

Did you receive a break down of the additional 1200.00 what it includes?
Live long and prosper.
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

Shady. I'd look elsewhere if someone is trying to trick you in one way they will likely have other tricks.
2 > 4
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Its almost like a bait-and-switch. SHADY. :ninja:
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

In December of 2009, I bought a new 2009 GTS 250 from a Harley/Vespa dealer here for $6,200 out-the-door. I'm sure that, had I bargained harder, I could have gotten it for a couple of hundred less. In any case, the price you're being quoted is exorbitant. Find another dealer.
sac bud 125

vespa elk grove in elk grove

Post by sac bud 125 »

3999.00 plus tax, license, doc fee, finance fee, set up and destination = 5230.77. will try roseville and walnut creek in a couple weeks.
AWinn6889

Re: vespa elk grove in elk grove

Post by AWinn6889 »

sac bud 125 wrote:3999.00 plus tax, license, doc fee, finance fee, set up and destination = 5230.77. will try roseville and walnut creek in a couple weeks.
Did they give you a numerical value for any of these fees? Or did they just say "these are the extra fees, deal with it"?

I noticed with my "dealer" the set-up and dest. fee for the new Blackjack that was sitting in their shop was $150 less than my 170i that I had specifically ordered. When I asked the dealer why, he couldn't come up with an answer (other than he thought that I wouldn't notice!), so I got $150 knocked off of there... BUT my 170i ended up being about $1200 more than MSRP otd anyway. (MSRP $3299, PAID OTD $4562 and change)

It all depends on the tax and whatever that company chooses for their set-up and delivery fees. That's what nailed the price on my scooter, anyway.

EDIT: I just looked at the site the OP posted. The only 2009 GTS 250 on there is marked as:
2009 Vespa GTS 250
$5,999.00
$4,999.00*

Was there a different one when you were looking last week that may be gone now? Or are they just really bad at keeping their site up-to-date with their in-store pricing?
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Hellvis

Post by Hellvis »

When I checked and posted my reply it was 3999.00. Looks,like they need to get their act together.
Live long and prosper.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Hellvis wrote:When I checked and posted my reply it was 3999.00. Looks,like they need to get their act together.
In that case I would avoid that dealer just because they seem to be extremely unorganized.

I went with a Vespa dealer that was horribly unorganized and had an absolutely terrible experience. Had I known it would have been such a pain in the rear to deal with him* I would have gone to Vermont of Massachusetts for my scoot. I payed for the paperwork for the scoot to be done, just to end up with with a title with the wrong address, and a registration with the wrong name AND address. Now I have to pay to do both over again.

*Most of the people he deals with are middle-aged women and their husbands that walk in to find something for her to ride when he's riding his motorcycle. Generally ZERO scooter knowledge, or experience.. they just pick one, give them their money, and leave with the scooter a couple days later. So his business had GREAT reviews. When it came to it though, he had no idea how to deal with someone like me, that did my research, and knew wtf I was talking about, and wasn't going to give him my money until he had everything right. Of course, both he and his younger brother filled out the paperwork for my scooter (because he LOST the first copy with my new address), which is how I ended up with my old address on the title and registration. Oh, and somehow I look like an "Alexsander," that name doesn't really come close, and I have really good handwriting, so it's not like they couldn't read it, they are just dumb jerks.

Moral of the story, don't waste your time and cause yourself headaches and stress, just find another dealer.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
sac bud 125

vespa in elk grove, ca

Post by sac bud 125 »

the 3999.00 under sales specials, scooter specials blue 2009 250 gts. the 4999.00 black 2009 gts in featured specials.