How to spend the LOOT!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

smarkum

How to spend the LOOT!

Post by smarkum »

:D okay, so my Geniune gift card arrived this week as i got in on a spring promotion where i qualified for a 300dollar gift card to scooterworks for 'bling'. :o

But i dont know what to get... Ive already ordered thewindshield and the black rearrack. Those need to get here soon so i can do some real riding. But that leaves me with $125 left... I dont think i want cowl protectors, but maybe. I do. Any sugstions?
Last edited by smarkum on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Personally I would get the cowl protectors and passenger foot rests. Mine have saved my scooter from damage more than once when it went over. But if you don't want those then for me a top case is indispensable. I couldn't live without it.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
skully93

Post by skully93 »

the footpegs would be in the way but I love my cowl protectors.
easy

Post by easy »

front rack or top case
what did you trade the day for?
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Chrome bling, blue buddy, chrome bling.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Guff

Post by Guff »

How long did it take to get your gift card? I am Patiently waiting for mine :?
smarkum

Post by smarkum »

Gift card took about 3 weeks. A bit longer than I anticipated.
Lots of recommendations for the cowls... I may have to rethink! :o
I know on my Stella the cowl protectors were a major pain. They had to come off each time I needed access to anything behind the cowls which was a lot. And the footpegs got in the way of my own legs. Any of these issues with the Buddy?
Last edited by smarkum on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chilly

Post by Chilly »

you could set yourself up good for future tune-ups, couple oil filters, lube, air filter, spark plugs, tools.
2 > 4
smarkum

Post by smarkum »

Gift card took about 3 weeks. A bit longer than I anticipated.
Lots of recommendations for the cowls... I may have to rethink! :o
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Cowls plus their included passenger footpegs will definitely help protect the sides in the event of a topple. You can remove the passenger pegs, but you do give up some side protection. My size-11s fit OK on the floorboards with the pegs installed. I know they're there, but I can live with them.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
rkcoker

Post by rkcoker »

Gift card? Was this a recent sales gimmick? I got my Buddy in February of last year and I never got anything.
Southern singular is y'all
Southern plural is "all y'all"
smarkum

Post by smarkum »

I appreciate the responses and the feedback about the pegs. Great idea too Chilly . . . hadn't thought that route.
Decisions , decisions
* a nice "problem" to have :D
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

rkcoker wrote:Gift card? Was this a recent sales gimmick? I got my Buddy in February of last year and I never got anything.
It was a promo around the holidays on new 2009-earlier scooters that were still in stock at dealer locations.
smarkum

Post by smarkum »

rkcoker wrote:Gift card? Was this a recent sales gimmick? I got my Buddy in February of last year and I never got anything.
I think that Genuine did a similar promotion last springtime where they included a Bling package that was a specific set of accessories. There were qualifications for the package. you might google genuine spring bling 2011 and see what you can find out.

This year the promotion was for a gift card from Genuine if you bought a new pre 2012 or maybe even pre 2011 scooter. The amount of the gift card was dependent on the size of the scooter. I bought a new 2009 Buddy 125 and qualified for a $300 card. A 50CC model qualified for $200 (I think) I know the promotion runs through April for those waiting for the right time to buy a Buddy. It was a good enough incentive for me to move on the 2009 model when I did. :D
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

http://www.genuinescooters.com/springbling.html

For pre-2011 scoots purchased Jan 15 - Apr 15.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I had a rear rack and footpegs on mine Buddy. I loved the pegs.

At first I hated them- I am short and have large calves, and the way I sit on the seat, when I put my leg down at a stop, it lined up just right for the pegs to poke me in my calf, eventually giving me 2-5 bruises on each leg at any given time from the pegs. (mind you, Lokky had no problem whatsoever with them when he rode my Buddy).

BUT I went down one day when a cage decided to slam and make a short left turn with no signal and I had to either drop it or chance hitting her from behind. I checked for damaged after- the pegs stick out far enough in just the perfect spot that they prevent a lot of scratching up of the panels during something like that. A couple months later, when I went down HARD and broke my hand, my footpegs sustained most of the damage and were the only part that was really messed up, beside a mirror. If you ask me, they are worth it, even if they do cause you some discomfort- especially if you actually may carry a passenger on a semi-regular basis. It makes the passenger ride A LOT more comfy and stable-feeling. A LOT.

I think the cowl protectors on the Buddy are ugly as hell, but I don't think anything could possibly be as much of a chore as getting the Stella crashbars off. Whew.