Going to sell my Buddy 150 Italia w/extras what price?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Dieselman

Going to sell my Buddy 150 Italia w/extras what price?

Post by Dieselman »

On a whim I purchased a new 09' Buddy 150 Italia in April of 2010'. I had planned on using it as part of my wildlife photography hobby i.e.; a stealthy way to get around quietly (at least quieter than a vehicle).

Long story somewhat shorter..... Didn't pan out, so, I'm going to put it up for sale soon.

Absolutely mint!, only has 164 miles, not even a scratch. It's been stored in a climate controlled facility since day one.

Stored with fuel stabilizer, started occasionally, etc.

Charging battery now. Taking it for a little spin tomorrow.

Extras:
*Genuine Buddy windshield
*G.B. rear rack (black)
*I custom made a "one off" bracket and mount to attach a Pelican Hard Case on the rear rack. One and off in seconds, latches are lockable. I put a lot of work in this, had thought of marketing this at the time. I did this so I could put my camera gear in a case that could survive an extreme crash. One of my wildlife lenses cost more that 2 Buddy 150's, thus the reasoning behind all of the effort.

Looking for a little input on pricing before I put it up for sale. Thoughts???

I'll post some pics tomorrow.
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

KBB guide says '09 Genuine Intl Buudy 150 in excellent condition = $2320.

And you've added nice farkles...
honi soit qui mal y pense
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

waiting on those pics. that case / rack set up may add value. sounds somewhat unique

if cosmetically excellent and with low miles i was going to say just north of $2000 based on what i have seen these sell for. even from dealers. so somewhere between that and BB value should be fair all around

but that rack and case....
Riding is riding
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Hold onto it for about a month or two. Then, the political machine and they media will hype this next "gas crisis" to $6/gallon in no time and then you can ask some serious cash for that machine when the insta-Chinese-scooter-dealers pop up again. :P

Sadly, I'm only joking in the most minute sense :|
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Prices will vary somewhat depending on where you live. I suggest checking some local Craigslists to see if there is something comparable listed that is kinda near you. Sounds like your scooter is going to be in better condition and with less milage than most others. That should bump the price of yours up accordingly.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I agree though. Right now I would have a hard time saying you could get your money's worth, but 4-6 weeks of warmer temps and higher gas prices might help.

Also, you're holding onto a discontinued mode that a lot of people love. My local scooter shop said as popular as the internationals were, they still wish they had back all the discounted Italias they sold because people are requesting them frequently.

I'd say offer it for $2500 on CL and see if anyone bites. They were @3500 new with taxes and no rack, so a grand off might not be so bad.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Mostly agree with what's said above. My two points of emphasis would be:

Gas prices and weather - if I were you, I'd wait another month or two before selling it. There's always some uptick in demand during nicer weather. Couple that with record high gas prices and you might make out like a bandit.

The case - I'd disagree that the added case is going to do much for you. Unless someone is looking for a super special case setup, they'll probably just see it as unnecessary icing on the cake and not be willing to pony up much more for it. You might do better to remove the case and post it up separately.
Alexbv200
Dealer

Post by Alexbv200 »

You'd be surprised to how little accessories add to the value of a bike.
Maybe a couple hundred $ but that is it, and the Genuine Top case is not the best quality unfortunately.
I would say $2,300-$2,500; unfortunately the warranty does not transfer.
Dieselman

Post by Dieselman »

Thanks everybody for all of the advice. I may wait until it warms up a little to sell????

To say it is mint is an understatement. It's still brand new. Not even a spec or scratch, this goes for the helmet compartment as well.

Never parked in the sun never driven in the rain, heck it's only got 166 on it as of today. This evening I rode it around in circles at the storage unit for 1 mile haha.

It also would include two Scorpion EXO helmets brand new.

Anyway thanks again for all of the advice :D

Don't have to sell and will not just give it away...

When I do put it up for sale I'll post it on this forum as well.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Dieselman, what size/model are your scorpions? I have one and I LOVE it. If they're sizes I could use I'd offer you fair $$ for 'em.

BTW, if you were closer I'd probably work out a deal anyway, 'cuz the Italia is such a great scoot!
Dieselman

Post by Dieselman »

skully93... Thanks for the interest in the helmets.... At this time I would prefer to sell them with the scoot. If something changes I'll send you a pm.

Just in case.. model, size & color:

My helmet: EXO-100 Lg. Silver (worn a few times, no scratches or sweaty head ha :lol: )

Wifes helmet EXO-100 S. Pink (worn once, no scrathes)
Dieselman

Post by Dieselman »

Been real busy.... I'm still going to post some pics this weekend to get some more advice on pricing.
heyitsomid

Post by heyitsomid »

Since you do have a month before peak season start the sell at $2700 and see what happens. Also I will agree with the rack being worth more separately than installed. More work yes but at least your selling your hard work to someone that could really use it. (I'm assuming the rack setup is separable from the scoot).
paige

Post by paige »

Don't bother selling the helmets with the scooter. Riders have their own helmets that fit their own heads. I can't tell you how many helmets I have refused, given away, donated or tossed. The helmet has no relationship to the scooter. No added value. If someone wants to buy the helmet separately, you should consider their offer.
Dieselman wrote:skully93... Thanks for the interest in the helmets.... At this time I would prefer to sell them with the scoot. If something changes I'll send you a pm.

Just in case.. model, size & color:

My helmet: EXO-100 Lg. Silver (worn a few times, no scratches or sweaty head ha :lol: )

Wifes helmet EXO-100 S. Pink (worn once, no scrathes)
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Unfortunatley they don't do me much good, but I'd see if a friend was interested in your large. I'd fit the small, but I refuse to wear pink. I get enough flak on the scooter as it is :P.

Keep us posted. I know I plan on starting my 50cc Zuma at 2k, and working a little down from there if needed.
Dieselman

Post by Dieselman »

I hear you on the pink......

I guess I have a big head!

I'm all of a sudden having head self consciousness :goofy:
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

...who knows...if (when?) gas prices skyrocket, you might decide you really like the Buddy after all. :bat:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Spring of '09 I bought my '08 with 65 miles on it and a few scuffs. (The couple I bought it from had a pair, he wanted to teach her to ride a Harley by riding a scooter, she dropped it out from under herself at a virtual stand still, or so I was told.)
Best I could haggle was $2200, he wanted MSRP He kept telling me that I was going to get away with not paying taxes and fees and etc. He didn't know here in Pa. you have to pay the tax when you register the vehicle, well maybe he did, and thought he was pulling something over on me.
Spring of '09 was the last time gas prices were spiking and even the dealers I think were inflating their prices due to that, as well as that many didn't even have enough inventory at the time.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba