how long will a xena alarm sound for when tripped?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasondavis48108

how long will a xena alarm sound for when tripped?

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Hey all

After having my Buddy 50 stolen and recovering it I decided to upgrade all of our scooter locks to alarm locks. I bought two Xena disc locks for the sh150 and the GrandVista but I can't find any info on how long the alarm will go off for once it is tripped. I have a bully alarm U lock on the two smaller scoots that came with a pager and that one only goes off for about 10 seconds if left alone. Does the Xena continue to go off till the battery dies or does it shut off on it's own if left alone? thanx
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Xena shuts off on its own. Which makes it look like someone turned it off=thieves run
Last edited by Stormswift on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I have a Xena. Good product. You will learn very quickly the quietest way to take them off of your bike, so it just chirps loudly rather than screaming at you each time you remove them. :)

I don't think I ever let mine go on long enough to know if it resets...too bloody loud! (That's a good thing though :) )
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

Of course it times out and shuts off once not moving any more.

How long? Too long! It sure seems like forever when you accidentally trip it. It is probably only 5-10 seconds though, but you'll think those 5-10 seconds will never end when the thing is going off near you and blasting your ear-drugs out.
jasondavis48108

I actually found out by accident today. I put the lock on my wifes grandvista and then put the cover on. Of course I didn't have the kyes with me so I had to run into the house and just as I got back with the keys it shut itself off. :lol:

I was rather surprised that it doesn't seem all that loud to me. Maybe it's because I went to too many metal shows as a youth or maybe it's because I go to the shooting range every week but I had the feeling that if I were sounds asleep I may just be able to sleep through it. I really thought 120Db would be louder though.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

jasondavis48108 wrote: I was rather surprised that it doesn't seem all that loud to me. Maybe it's because I went to too many metal shows as a youth or maybe it's because I go to the shooting range every week but I had the feeling that if I were sounds asleep I may just be able to sleep through it. I really thought 120Db would be louder though.
The battery could be low.
LunaP

Re: how long will a xena alarm sound for when tripped?

Post by LunaP »

jasondavis48108 wrote:Hey all

After having my Buddy 50 stolen and recovering it I decided to upgrade all of our scooter locks to alarm locks. I bought two Xena disc locks for the sh150 and the GrandVista but I can't find any info on how long the alarm will go off for once it is tripped. I have a bully alarm U lock on the two smaller scoots that came with a pager and that one only goes off for about 10 seconds if left alone. Does the Xena continue to go off till the battery dies or does it shut off on it's own if left alone? thanx
I'm actually kind of interested in the lock you have with the pager... what brand is it?? Do they make a disc lock or just chains? I think that's neat as hell.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I don't know about a disc lock with pager, but the Gorilla 8000 series alarm kits do. Theyhave about a half-mile range.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
jasondavis48108

Hi Luna this is the lock I have

http://www.bullylocks.com/blwebv2.nsf/P ... endocument

the lock itself is only 100-110 DB but the pager feature is awesome. I tried their disc lock alarms as well (no pager with those) but they were very poor quality. btw I got mine for $90.00 on sale.
jasondavis48108

ed85379 wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote: I was rather surprised that it doesn't seem all that loud to me. Maybe it's because I went to too many metal shows as a youth or maybe it's because I go to the shooting range every week but I had the feeling that if I were sounds asleep I may just be able to sleep through it. I really thought 120Db would be louder though.
The battery could be low.
I'd be pretty disappointed if that was the case. They are brand new locks.