NSR-My troubles are over.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Raiderfn311

NSR-My troubles are over.

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Well, I just purchased $10 worth of tickets for the Megamillion lotto. 640 mil jackpot. If you dont hear from me for awhile, it will be because Im too busy spending money. :P
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Skootz already informed he that he's going to win. I congratulated him.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Too bad my mom has bought at least ten tix, and my BFF has 5.

Regardless of who wins, I'm getting a new car donated to me, right? :lol:

Really though... my sisters and the nurse (my grandmother's aide, not mine) were talking about it in the kitchen today. That is soooooooooo much money for one person... like, too much. Even if you take the cash option and have it taxed down to like 300 mil. Jeebus.

What would YOU do with 300 mil?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

First thing, payoff any outstanding debt (duh)... for myself and number of others (w00t!)... by a new Bonneville and ride cross country (very leisurely and in no kind of a straight line) to see my family... then just keep on going... Europe, the Himalayas, with a number of friends along for the fun of course... as for philanthropy, my wish would be to help the homeless. It is so impossibly difficult to rejoin society once you are living on the street. It's an awful predicament that has trapped many good and worthwhile people.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Yeah, my wife and I were discussing that.

Even if I bought everything I could realistically want and took a really nice vacation 3x a year, it would still be a pittance.

I'm sure I'd set up some charities for friends and family to pay down bills, and I wouldn't worry about buying whatever scooter I wanted :P
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

With that much money I could finally afford a Vespa!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

A Duckie and a Horsie

Post by jrsjr »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:...as for philanthropy, my wish would be to help the homeless. It is so impossibly difficult to rejoin society once you are living on the street. It's an awful predicament that has trapped many good and worthwhile people.
Whenever I read a great post like this, I always feel like Charlie Brown in this, my favorite ever, Peanuts strip...
Attachments
Duckie and a Horsie.JPG
Duckie and a Horsie.JPG (70.8 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
batgirl101

Re: NSR-My troubles are over.

Post by batgirl101 »

Raiderfn311 wrote:Well, I just purchased $10 worth of tickets for the Megamillion lotto. 640 mil jackpot. If you dont hear from me for awhile, it will be because Im too busy spending money. :P

what will be your first 5 purchases?
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I would only change 1 thing....

.......my address :)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

hey thanks for the new scooter(s), Raider!!!!

/new BFF :)
Riding is riding
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

i would throw the BIGGEST scooter rally you've ever seen!!! wanna come? don't have a scooter? I'LL BUY YOU ONE!!!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

yeah, there would certainly be some charitable events!

Really if I had 1 million, it would ridiculously life changing. The rest would be squandered :P
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

We have an office pool going... everyone chipped in 10 tickets. I think we're up to 200 tickets or so.

If I won anything, the first thing I'd do is buy my parents a new house. They're in a ratty old single-wide trailer that's WAY past its expiration date. We had a cool 100-year-old house, but it burned down when I was in elementary school. We weren't in a very good financial position back then, so my parents skimped on the house insurance, and it came back to haunt them. They never really recovered. Even so, they managed to borrow and scrape and put me and my sister through college. If I won anything at all, it'd be payback time.

Then I'd probably set up a college fund for my little boy, and find a way to invest a big chunk of it. The rest would go to paying off debts and such, and then maybe, maybe a few new toys. :wink:

~SM
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Sheesh. I'd simply buy out Genuine. Then introduce the Cruiser that Jijifer so richly deserves.

:) :) :)
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I'm in an office pool of 70 people and we're holding about 350 tickets. I can't say for sure what I'd do with my share, but we're all having fun speculating what the company's reaction would be if we all showed up on Monday and "retired" en masse. Gotta figure that it'd be a major poop-in-the-pants event in the boardroom......

Dear Sir/Madam:

In keeping with the business model of this corporation, I have been actively engaged in a plan to increase my bottom line with complete disregard to anything else. The good news is that the plan worked. The better news is that youse ain't a part of the plan. Please feel free to stick your shareholder value in any convenient orifice.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

I'd pay off the mortgages of every immediate family member, put a million each in trust for them, put 2 million away for my wife and daughter and pretty much donate the rest to charities and people who could convince me their dreams were truly worth it.

I've read too many stories of people who buy Porsches and whatnot and are bankrupt in 18 months because they spent it too quickly. A million or so is plenty to avoid work for the next 30 years and I could grow old happy instead of pushing a rock up a hill like Sisyphus.

"Money is like manure; if you want stuff to grow you need to spread it around. If you hang on to it too long, you start to stink..."

//C'mon Flying Spaghetti Monster, give me a chance to prove them right!
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

juls64

Post by juls64 »

I am in an office pool too. If I win, I know The scooter shop will be happy to see me!
Desert Thorn

A Dream...

Post by Desert Thorn »

Sorry to dash your dreams, nobody wins this time!! The next time I WIN AND PAY-OFF the national debt! How about that ? Everyone wins!
:D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

$5,000 worth of lottery tickets bought. Hands down, I must win this thing!

Not really haha, even $5 is too much to me to spend on something that isn't guaranteed. That, or I'd be dumb and forget to look at the winning numbers and it'd be me.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Frosty! Nice to see you back with the family!

I wonder if you could get a short-term, $176,000,000 loan from a bank and buy up the entire range of numbers?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

My dream is quite humble. I want to be a stay at home mom
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
LunaP

Re: NSR-My troubles are over.

Post by LunaP »

black sunshine wrote:i would throw the BIGGEST scooter rally you've ever seen!!! wanna come? don't have a scooter? I'LL BUY YOU ONE!!!
I like you.

I'd of course pay off all my debts, my family's debts... which isn't much, considering half of my extended family (that isn't estranged) is doing mostly well for themselves. I'd buy my grandmother's house out from under her so that my asshole estranged family can't inherit it/ I can do whatever I want with it (like add on to it and improve it immediately). I'd buy my Dad's house and GUT IT and make it the prettiest house EVAR and landscape the yard and shite. I'd hire people just to hire them and get money into the economy... could I decorate my own house, sure! I'd have enough time on my hands... but I'd hire somebody to do all that curtain hanging for me.

I'd do similar things for my closest friends- badly needed home repairs and debt payoffs and such (my BFF and I have a standing deal that if either of us wins, we're both rich). I'd invest- some conventionally, and some by starting my BFF and I our own businesses.

My mother and I would open a consignment bridal shop. Think about it. Who has money nowadays to pay thousands out their asses for a wedding? Nobody. What the hell are you going to do with your dress/accessories/decor after the ceremony? Keep it and HOPE that you have a child that HAPPENS to use them again? Increasingly unlikely in this day and age... most of that stuff will get stored and then thrown out years later. Why do that when you can get a little money back for you investment? I'll have a big enough store space that I could contract/rent to an in-house seamstress and/or wedding planner for all-in-one place service to make my shop more popular. I think it's a neat and totally doable business plan.

While the work was being done one my house(s), I'd take a vacation or two. Nice ones. My whole family.

batgirl101 wrote:
Raiderfn311 wrote:Well, I just purchased $10 worth of tickets for the Megamillion lotto. 640 mil jackpot. If you dont hear from me for awhile, it will be because Im too busy spending money. :P

what will be your first 5 purchases?

IF you do not count the houses:

1)Car- either a new Beetle, a Subaru, or one of those new Thunderbirds...
2)Scooter- I guess I could afford a Vespa... but I'd probably get a custom 170i... or bribe Genuine into that cruiser...
3)PS3
4)Puppy. Not a purebred, I'd adopt. But I want a ridiculously big dog, they always seem sooo calm. I'm think Great Dane... such pretty dogs.
5)Laser hair removal. Nuff said.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ok so this is sort of political at the end but in a benign way as its a ron paul supporter. so its anti everything. just want to let eric know this is not to become a political discussion

i would simply like the illustrate what a PERSON could do with "only" 100m dollars! which is what most of this video illustrates until it makes its point in the last 2 minutes. so stop watching at 3:45. if you don't, DON'T MENTION THE POLITICS! until then your eyes will pop out of your head!

i just wonder why more wealthy people do not do this? folks, you can't take it with you

but anyway yeah, DREAM BIG folks. and good luck :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3dl1y-zBAFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

I would pay off my sister's house so she could give it to her brother-in-law, then I'd buy her a house for herself. And pay off her debt. And buy her and my b-i-l each a scooter of their choice (because I infected them with the scooter bug)

Then i'd set up college funds for my nieces and nephew-my brother's kids-because he probably wouldn't let me give HIM any money (so i'd give his KIDS money!). If my brother (who is the world's best big brother) did let me give him money, i'd send him and my s-i-l on a nice vacation somewhere like an Alaskan cruise or something.

Then I would pay off my own relatively modest debt and buy a small house in the neighborhood in which i currently rent. If my apartment building by some miracle ever went condo I would buy a two bedroom unit and live here the rest of my life. (I REALLY like the building I live in)

And then there would be a really big party. Massive scooter meetup in Minneapolis and tab's on me as long as you're not driving/riding home.
theflash784

NSR my troubles are over

Post by theflash784 »

I would take all of my family members on a week long trip to Disney World. I have several neices and nephews and most of them have children too so it would be a a huge crowd going with me. We would stay at the resort have the full meal package and I would make sure everyone had plenty of spending money. I would also buy a nice piece of property to build my dream house and a nice little cottage for my mom. I would have a large garage built and like Jay Leno does with cars I would start collecting scooters.

Here's the #
2 4 23 38 46 gold ball 23
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Ok I know what I would do with the money. I live in a small city and there's one thing this place needs.... A coffee house! It'll have homemade pastries, dim lighting, easy music with the occasional live band, scooter parking in the front next to benches and a fountain, comfy sitting and some of the best coffee from around the world. And you all would be invited to the grand opening!

Yea I've thought about it.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Addendum: I would single-handedly fund the revival of the series Firefly.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i would put giant billboards all along Sunset Blvd and all over L.A. for my local scooter shop. well, MY dealer. and yes i am serious.

i would not think "how to make more money" or "profit." that isn't fun. fun is spending money on things you love and helping others enjoy life. well for me if i had 500m to go through that would be my fun

but yeah i'd throw away so much money on promoting scooters giving away scooters throwing huge rallies....it would be insane!
Riding is riding
TVB

Post by TVB »

Having more money than you know what to do with is more trouble than it's worth. Too much stress to deal with, and too much peril for the soul.

My dream has always been to win a million dollars. No more. That'd be enough for me to buy everything I seriously want, live on the interest from the remainder for the rest of my healthy years, then spend the principle to take care of me for what's left. (So if anyone wins and wants help getting rid of it, that's how you can make one person incredibly happy.)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Comment I posted elsewhere about the lotto: I remember a few years ago seeing some kind of "man on the street" interview where they asked people what they would do with lottery winnings. Most had long, well-thought out responses. Then they asked about their savings and retirement planning and most of them just kind of got a blank stare and said, "Uh… ?" A few laughed.

Anyway, my off-the-cuff plan:

1. Quit.

2. Hire top-notch lawyer, accountant, investment advisor and financial planner. (These will eventually be followed by a personal trainer and a major domo/butler who I will call Alfred regardless of his real name.)

3. Visit my family overseas, who I haven't seen in too long.

4. Move. Most likely to Napa Valley, with an apartment in SF.

5. Get a dog. Just don't have the time for one now. A large, hairy dog.

6. Buy stuff. People who say they'll be prudent and conservative with lotto winnings are delusional. At $640 million payoff, I wouldn't have to hold back too much. Wardrobe, art, vehicles, gadgets, all mine. The lifestyle reflected in my Pinterest, mine. Mine mine mine. Bwahahahaha. I will consume smartly, and buy very nice things, but I didn't win $640 million so I could show the world how much austerity and restraint I have.

My wife and I are pretty financially conservative people. We have zero debt other than our house. We live within our means. That's all fine and good but when the lotto payments start coming, the "luxury and extravagance" switch gets flipped to "on."

7. Philanthropy will be part of it. I support a lot of things but would have to think quite a bit about where my money might do the most good. I have several friends in the charity/nonprofit worlds who I'm sure would be glad to help advise me.

So many people I know talk about what they would do in terms of donating and support if they won the lotto (which is great) but don't do anything now. If not money, then time; there are many worthy causes that need volunteers. Why wait to strike it rich to try to do good in the world?

8. Book a ticket on Virgin Galactic. Go to space.
ericalm wrote:Skootz already informed he that he's going to win. I congratulated him.
Someday you'll find it…
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f5_y0s-COl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

TVB wrote:Having more money than you know what to do with is more trouble than it's worth. Too much stress to deal with, and too much peril for the soul.
The stories about what happens to lottery winners are pretty frightening and depressing. Many wind up miserable. Quite a few burn through or lose the money. This is especially true for those who take the up-front payout. There was a great This American Life story about this a few years ago.

I know quite a few wealthy people, ranging from upper middle class professionals to millionaires to a couple billionaires. None are happier than the rest of us. Well… one is. He was born into money, but tried to be a normal, working guy. He eventually gave up on that pretense, moved the family to France, and now travels Europe and writes books about wine. He's really damn happy. Many of them are downright miserable, though not necessarily because of the money.

Regardless, I sure as hell wouldn't turn down a windfall like that.
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

scootavaran wrote:With that much money I could finally afford a Vespa!
:rofl:
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ericalm wrote:
TVB wrote:Having more money than you know what to do with is more trouble than it's worth. Too much stress to deal with, and too much peril for the soul.
The stories about what happens to lottery winners are pretty frightening and depressing. Many wind up miserable. Quite a few burn through or lose the money. This is especially true for those who take the up-front payout. There was a great This American Life story about this a few years ago.

I know quite a few wealthy people, ranging from upper middle class professionals to millionaires to a couple billionaires. None are happier than the rest of us. Well… one is. He was born into money, but tried to be a normal, working guy. He eventually gave up on that pretense, moved the family to France, and now travels Europe and writes books about wine. He's really damn happy. Many of them are downright miserable, though not necessarily because of the money.

Regardless, I sure as hell wouldn't turn down a windfall like that.
i don't see how sudden riches could bring anyone misery? i know it does, but these people must be....naive, to say the least

i would not "blow through it" but if i did, so what? didn't have it to begin with, paid a buck and got lucky

i would keep enough money to live on. like TVB said. the rest i would spend and give away b4 i leave this earth

when i die, i'd not have one penny left

also, i DO volunteer! just wanted to throw that in cuz i saw your final sentence in a post above. cuts into my riding time, though

why can't people just feed themselves! :( :P
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

TVB wrote:My dream has always been to win a million dollars. No more. That'd be enough for me to buy everything I seriously want, live on the interest from the remainder for the rest of my healthy years, then spend the principle to take care of me for what's left. (So if anyone wins and wants help getting rid of it, that's how you can make one person incredibly happy.)
Unfortunately for your dream, in this era of low interest rates, a million is not enough to live off the interest. Even if you are willing to tie up your money for a few years, you still won't get much of an interest rate. Using the calculator on the Ally Bank site, and assuming a 3 year CD, the result is as follows: 3 years @ 1.30% APY yields $39,457.89. Yearly, that comes to $13,152.63, which isn't enough to live comfortably. You could put it in an annuity product of some kind, but you wouldn't get a whole lot better rates from them. The problem with going that route is that inflation might come along and turn your monthly stipend into a pittance. For that reason, some annuity products can now be bought with an "insurance policy" protecting the stipend in the event of inflation, but that costs money, too. Welcome to the dilemma that many elderly retirees (who scrimped and saved their whole lives to build a nest egg) are facing. For them the timing is doubly bad because their houses were their investment vehicle and right now the housing market is terribly depressed. :(
Last edited by jrsjr on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

but "just" 4m or 5m would earn four or five times the amount, right? so roughly $60,000 annually, give or take?

that would be doable for many. works for Mitt Romney, who works hard at earning interest!
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

JHScoot wrote:but "just" 4m or 5m would earn four or five times the amount, right? so roughly $60,000 annually, give or take?

that would be doable for many. works for Mitt Romney, who works hard at earning interest!
As long as inflation doesn't get loose, yes. And I really don't know how Mitt Romney currently makes the majority of his income except he plays in the big leagues which always means that risk is involved. Risk is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about. The CD and annuity solutions that I mentioned above carry very low risk. Some of the things that MR is invested in no doubt carry higher risks and the corresponding potential for higher rates of return.

Anyway, to answer your question, even in current conditions, 4 or 5 million dollars still should be enough to breathe that big sigh of relief. Your big problem with that much money would be asset allocation, what investments to put how much into. That IMHO would be a job for a pro.

P.S. I should have said earlier, I am not a financial pro, but I've spent the last few years dealing with an elderly parent's finances and my own family's finances and I've seen first-hand a lot of the harsh economics of the Great Recession.
Last edited by jrsjr on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

well sounds as if your crash course of sorts in "hands on" economics has informed you well enough :)

now i just have to get my hands on 5m dollars and i'll be set for life, financially

5m. therein lies the rub :(
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

PeteH wrote:Sheesh. I'd simply buy out Genuine. Then introduce the Cruiser that Jijifer so richly deserves.

Thats what im saying. I would develop a cruiser that would out-perform a GTS300 at about $5500 OTD.

Maybe 6k otd :P
TVB

Post by TVB »

ericalm wrote:The stories about what happens to lottery winners are pretty frightening and depressing.
I'm really just afraid of getting lost on an island forever.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

you know i just realized i don't really care very much. about having a lot of money and having more things and travel, etc. i need to work like everyone else, make a living. being "comfortable" for me is not what it might be for many. i don't need too much financial security to hold my own. i do that just fine

one of the biggest changes is i ride scooters, now. i just started 18 months ago at 45. i am now "just" 46. that is amazing to me. yesterday an MB member wrote at me "you must be YOUNG. only the young display such confidence (lack of good judgement) and think they're bullet proof"

i actually liked that post. when you're middle aged that becomes a backward compliment :)

so, i scoot. when i pass expensive cars and the people in them i do not notice like i used to, or even care. riding in cars with others i always hear "oh thats a nice car" and "oh look at that car" and "must be nice." but i literally do not care. envy IS a four letter word

i have 30 good years left. guess what i am doing with 'em :twisted:
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

TVB wrote:
ericalm wrote:The stories about what happens to lottery winners are pretty frightening and depressing.
I confess, I played the Valenzetti numbers this time. I figured, last time the MegaMillions jackpot got really big, 4 of the 6 numbers came up (1-4-2011; : 4,8,15,25,47; Mega Ball: 42), so why not? As it happens, only 2 of the numbers came up this time (3-30-2012; : 2,4,23,38,46; Mega Ball: 23). Rats! :evil:

P.S. I played the Valenzetti numbers for fun knowing that I'd have to share with fifteen-thousand other folks if I won, but I also hedged my bets slightly by playing a variation of the numbers where I reversed the order of one of the two digit numbers. As it was, I won a whole lot of nothing. :evil: :evil: (That's "Double Rats" in Emotispeak)

Edited because I made typos, copied out the wrong numbers, misread my own notes, made a transcription error and so on. :roll:
Last edited by jrsjr on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

scooting = freedom :idea:
Riding is riding
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

jrsjr wrote:...I confess, I played the Valenzetti numbers this time...
I Lost too...

TVB

Post by TVB »

jrsjr wrote:Unfortunately for your dream, in this era of low interest rates, a million is not enough to live off the interest.
Yeah, I first figured out this plan back when interest rates were higher, so now it'd take a little smarter investing than "open a savings account". But if I paid cash for a $100K house in my neighborhood (no rent, no mortgage), an investment with a return of maybe 3% on $900K would be plenty for me to live on. I'm also a bit older, to the point that I could also take 1 or 2% out of the principle every year and still have a large chunk of money left when I have to start paying for nursing care. And that's assuming I don't do any freelancing for fun and profit, or get a low-stress part-time job somewhere to get out of the house. Trust me: a million bucks is all I need. :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Buying a scooter company — even a profitable one — would be one way to increase the odds of becoming a miserable lotto winner. You have to be a freakin' Zen master to own a scooter company and be a happy person. I'm not that enlightened yet and would likely go to a very dark place instead.
Skootz Kabootz wrote:
I Lost too...
Too many people playing those numbers. I don't want to share with all of them!

I did post the numbers (JUST the numbers) to Facebook and had some hilarious reactions from friends who didn't know what they were. Skootz eventually replied with, "Lost!" and another friend then commented, "I'm lost too!" :rofl:
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

TVB wrote:
jrsjr wrote:Unfortunately for your dream, in this era of low interest rates, a million is not enough to live off the interest.
Yeah, I first figured out this plan back when interest rates were higher, so now it'd take a little smarter investing than "open a savings account". But if I paid cash for a $100K house in my neighborhood (no rent, no mortgage), an investment with a return of maybe 3% on $900K would be plenty for me to live on. I'm also a bit older, to the point that I could also take 1 or 2% out of the principle every year and still have a large chunk of money left when I have to start paying for nursing care. And that's assuming I don't do any freelancing for fun and profit, or get a low-stress part-time job somewhere to get out of the house. Trust me: a million bucks is all I need. :)
If you had set out to make that million in 2000, it would have been relatively easy. You could have bought up a bushel basket of those 100K houses in your neighborhood with no down payment and flipped them in 2007 for twice (or thrice) what you paid for them. I have more than a couple friends who did that in the Atlanta market. They all did exactly what you suggest, bought a home so they'd have no mortgage, and are living off the investment income from the proceeds. Wish I'd been that smart. :cry:
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

ericalm wrote:Buying a scooter company — even a profitable one — would be one way to increase the odds of becoming a miserable lotto winner. You have to be a freakin' Zen master to own a scooter company and be a happy person. I'm not that enlightened yet and would likely go to a very dark place instead.
Skootz Kabootz wrote:
I Lost too...
Too many people playing those numbers. I don't want to share with all of them!

I did post the numbers (JUST the numbers) to Facebook and had some hilarious reactions from friends who didn't know what they were. Skootz eventually replied with, "Lost!" and another friend then commented, "I'm lost too!" :rofl:
Ha! It's so hard to be original.

I think I'd first have my own personal scooter company, with my open personal scooters, in my own personal garage, next to my own personal house. I'm sure I could bleed plenty of money that way to begin with before moving up to the big leagues :)

I have to admit, I haven't even checked my tickets yet. Figure I'll milk the fantasy for a few more days before crashing back to reality.

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:I have to admit, I haven't even checked my tickets yet. Figure I'll milk the fantasy for a few more days before crashing back to reality.
Don't forget to check it. 29 folks from your state won the second-largest prize. That's still enough money to make a significant down payment on your dream.
Attachments
CA MegaMillions.JPG
CA MegaMillions.JPG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

PeteH wrote:Sheesh. I'd simply buy out Genuine. Then introduce the Cruiser that Jijifer so richly deserves.

Well then I want you to win :D
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

TVB wrote:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It wasn't me. Le sigh.