Big Ruckus

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dandidori

Big Ruckus

Post by dandidori »

Hi everyone, I ride a 150 buddy, love it. But looking to get a Honda Big Ruckus for my hubby and myself to share. Any girls ride the Big Ruckus and if so, what do u think of the scoot for females riding, I'm small, that is why I like the buddy, but sometimes would like more power on hills
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

the big ruckus is awesome, isn't it? you most likely know all the forums out there so i won't mention them. but i am sure someone here could share their experience. even if male of demure stature, perhaps?

that said there aren't many of these around. you must know about scooterdiva the all woman rider site? its a small board but lots of riders with lots of experience on lots of scoots. here, too :)

who are the "Big Ruck Gals" here? :shock:
Riding is riding
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Yep! one of our 'local divas' has one! I know it's good and short and she is able to carry a lot on it. Another gent has one as well.

The only thing they seem to say is that for the engine size, it is a slow, low mpg beast compared to the rest. However, I think the top speed is the same whether it's just you or you + a full load of camping gear, so that could be useful.

And for some reason, they're both yellow, and I love the 'tonka truck' look of them.
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

Slapping on a JCosta variator and doing a re-jet wakes the BR right up, as in freeway-capable. Calls for caution with the so-so brakes, tho...

Seat height is perfect, whatever your height. The single most comfortable bike I've ever had of any sort.

Getting hard to find and a little pricey. Fewer than 2500 were imported into N America in '05 & '06 only. '05s were school-bus yellow, '06s silver.

A very unique, user-friendly battle-couch, capable of great things. Wisht I still had it...
honi soit qui mal y pense
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Here's one for sale on CL in Pittsburgh: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/2919536996.html
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

redhandmoto wrote:Slapping on a JCosta variator and doing a re-jet wakes the BR right up, as in freeway-capable. Calls for caution with the so-so brakes, tho...

Seat height is perfect, whatever your height. The single most comfortable bike I've ever had of any sort.

Getting hard to find and a little pricey. Fewer than 2500 were imported into N America in '05 & '06 only. '05s were school-bus yellow, '06s silver.

A very unique, user-friendly battle-couch, capable of great things. Wisht I still had it...
had i known at the time to mod it, i likely would still own it. it was my first scooter in 2005, fun and comfortable, but a bit of a slug.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I saw one for the first time in November at my first Rally- it's not a looker, but somehow, it's just a COOL scoot. I'd totally own one, despite my doubts that I'd be able to flat foot (or even hold it up, seeing as I may have ankle weakness from here on out)... I remember it being rather BIG, and I am not.
batgirl101

Lola

Post by batgirl101 »

in '07 i think it was, 7x7 magazine did an issue of *the best of SF* an article on the scooter scene was included, and this snap. the BR is Lola :)
Attachments
060501_vespa_noe_valley_001360[1] -3.jpg
060501_vespa_noe_valley_001360[1] -3.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

is this you, batgirl? you look great next to that scoot! you must have had great fun on it, cape blowing behind you :P

such an interesting looking scooter. unique and much coveted these days. they go for premiums, thats for sure
Riding is riding
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I'm particularly fond of the convertible seat. It's just... a COOL scoot. Idk. *le sigh*
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I had one and sold it. Only kept it for about 6 months. It was a good scooter but the handling was a bit twitchy. It was a scooter that wanted to be a motorcycle. The outside foot positioning did not appeal to me. That's what my motorcycle is for.
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

One thing I've always wondered about the big ruckus was that seat. Does the top of that seat also turns into a passenger seat?
Dumb question I'm sure but just never seen a seat put down.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

scootavaran wrote:One thing I've always wondered about the big ruckus was that seat. Does the top of that seat also turns into a passenger seat?
Dumb question I'm sure but just never seen a seat put down.
Yessir it does. It's a convertible scoot :lol:
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Thats actually pretty dang cool.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I would love to snag one of these someday. I'd definitely sell of a bike or two to make room for one in my garage.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

I think you may have to sell a "bike or two" not just to fit it, but to afford it. Although I am sure you do very well.

But I have read in some quarters these go for above their original MSRP. Pretty impressive resale, if I may say so, myself.
Riding is riding