Found my next scoot...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

Found my next scoot...

Post by LunaP »

Y'all fine, crafty people just have to build it for me, hahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N86p16rmqAg

Winning. :rofl: :rofl:
Tam Tam

lol

Post by Tam Tam »

"Gentlemen...we can build it, we have the technology."
dananananana......dananananana
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Seen it done with a motorcycle. A scooter only makes sense ,too :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Nah, an MP-3 would be better. But you'd get better parking with the other one.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Gosh, I almost got a look at it there for a split second. :/
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

I actually saw a small tractor designed like that once. Guy was wheelchair-bound and he just drove the whole chair into the back of the thing. And then I guess he must've locked it down somehow.

In any case, it's quite a brilliant solution.

Lotta scoots in that video. Where is that?
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

That's so cool!!! makes you wonder why folks bother with those inferior slow poke scoots :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

I'm guessing it's because they don't want the handicapped speeding down the halls, running over pedestrians.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Looks like this is not US. Road sign was in a foreign language. But wow, that was a lot of scooters out there
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Luna how is your recovery going? Please say you'll be making a full recovery! Well as full as someone can in that situation. I can imagine the physical pain but I can't the mental hurdles. But seriously what's the new bike going to be?
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Southerner wrote:Lotta scoots in that video. Where is that?
China
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

k1dude wrote:
China
Taiwan actually :)
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Lokky wrote:
k1dude wrote:
China
Taiwan actually :)
The phone numbers on the advertising signs are for China.
smithrw

Post by smithrw »

There was a fellow here that used to ride a motorcycle version of that. It was soooo cool!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Sorry Lokky, I could be wrong. After your post I looked at a couple other signs and I have no idea which country it is. The first number I looked at is a China prefix, but there weren't enough total digits for a number in China. It could potentially be Taiwan, but there aren't enough total digits either. So I have no idea.

Wherever it is, it's in a warmer climate judging from the plants.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

haha no worries, I have followed this guy's blog before and he stated he's from Taiwan, that's how I know :P
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Lokky wrote:haha no worries, I have followed this guy's blog before and he stated he's from Taiwan, that's how I know :P
Yeah, it's Taiwan. I have no idea what the "too short of a number for China with a China prefix" number is. But it's the first number I saw, so I figured it was China. But I just noticed the 2 signs on a fence right at the beginning of the video, as well as a building sign, and all 3 are Taipei cell phone numbers.

So you were right. Sorry.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I'm wondering why both scooters pulled over for him and let him go by in the end....is he a police officer or something? I didn't get the sense that he was... :?:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Tam Tam

or you could

Post by Tam Tam »

I have seen some very very very cool Ruckus trikes, low & groovy looking. So far those seem to be the only 2 wheel in the back trike that does not look absolutely silly.

And hopefully you're on the mend as well. Thank you for your advice about my endoscopic repair and telling me NOT to ride - That's advice best taken from a fellow scooter rider who KNOWS how much it can suck to not be able to ride!
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

michelle_7728 wrote:I'm wondering why both scooters pulled over for him and let him go by in the end....is he a police officer or something? I didn't get the sense that he was... :?:
No, but... I guess it's just because everybody's so polite in eastern/asian countries. That's my impression anyway. Or maybe they wanted the chance to stop and gawk :shock: that's what I would've done, lol.
Tam Tam wrote:I have seen some very very very cool Ruckus trikes, low & groovy looking. So far those seem to be the only 2 wheel in the back trike that does not look absolutely silly.

And hopefully you're on the mend as well. Thank you for your advice about my endoscopic repair and telling me NOT to ride - That's advice best taken from a fellow scooter rider who KNOWS how much it can suck to not be able to ride!
Haha, you're welcome. I hope you're doing well. It does suck not being able to ride... but I'll be able to again someday :)