Yet Another Stebel Horn Thread

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Yet Another Stebel Horn Thread

Post by JHScoot »

So have you used yours lately? This thread is fun for long time Buddy riders, but especially for newbies as the joys of blowing one's own horn has never been greater! And lot's of newbs around, so let's hear it! Literally and figuratively. :P

So, when was the last time you used yours and what was the situation? Did you get a reaction? I love it when offenders look like "WHOA WTF WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!"

Today I had instance to use mine. I put one on my Agility (Single Tone - Low) and when that red BMW turned left in front of me and had to STOP in the middle of the intersection as to not run over pedestrians in the crosswalk, I laid on the horn and stopped right in front of the open passenger window. Stunned faces of shock and horror looked my way and the passenger's sunglasses flew off her head she was so startled!

Then I went around them :D

Maybe next time the driver won't try to beat a scooter through an intersection just to try to run over pedestrians which it can't, so she stops in front of said scooter to get a 130db blast of loud air permeating her car!

I also like when in my peripheral vision I can see everyone standing on the street corners come to an immediate halt and just....stare. As if they are thinking "where is the truck?" Very amusing. :)

Man, that was fun. When was the last time you had some fun with YOUR Stebel horn?
Last edited by JHScoot on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riding is riding
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

I'm hoping to salvage the one on Luna's buddy to mount on the Stella. As it is I can barely hear my own horn over my engine's noise :lol:
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

i use it fairly often to save my butt in this crazy city--thank gawd it's super loud! honestly i think if people are going to do just 1 mod, it should be the horn, really a life saver.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

I had to use mine the other day (and yes, they put a Stebel on the International 50s) when I was pulling into a Target; I slowed down to around 15-20 because the pedestrian cross walk basically eats up the entire storefront and a lot of folks who shop at my Target are not exactly the most courteous individuals.

So I notice a car approaching behind me which happens so I pay it no mind and start thinking about where I'm going to turn in to find a spot when I realize this vehicle is now overtaking me on the left, doing 35 in a crosswalk. Apparently there's no way in hell she's going to let some little putt-putt moped delay her arrival at Target for another heartbeat!

I jammed my thumb against the horn button and let it ring out for a solid five count; I know she heard me. The people walking around sure heard me. I felt kind of bad because one woman was oblivious to what was going on and crossed in front of me just as the horn was dying down. But I was annoyed that they paid attention to a car racing through at that speed but the scooter was an afterthought.

I felt like following her to her parking space to yell at her but decided to let it go. I noticed she kept having "that's my spot!" arguments with other cars based on her gestures, so apparently this lady thinks life owes her something.

But it felt good to use that horn....
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

Edwub

Post by Edwub »

I'm going to ask Noho Scooters to put one into my Blur at my next service.

I was surprised and a bit disappointed at the stock horn, no idea why they didn't give it a stronger one from the getgo!
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

My original Rat has the stebel horn, and love it. When I got the modded Rat it was older and did not have a stebel horn, I was shocked when I hit the horn and all I got was the meep-meep of an under powered scooter horn :x
I didn't know the older models didn't have the stebel, until i actually had to use it on that scoot.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

I just remembered I have a dB meter! I have to check what mine puts out IRL....
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

Mousenut wrote:I just remembered I have a dB meter! I have to check what mine puts out IRL....
It only goes to 126dB, what does the horn that comes with the 50 Int. supposed to put out? Is it the 118dB @ 1 meter?
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Horns are a tricky thing with Genuine.

I'm not 100% sure which comes on which bikes, but Genuine/PGO uses two Stebel horns: the Compact Nautilus and the Magnum, according to what's been in the specs on Genuine's site. I'm not so sure about the Magnum (TM80) - I think I've seen photos of older 125s that appear to have the HF80 (round electromagnetic horn).

The Little Internationals' specs say "Stebel Bad Boy Intimidator". I can't find any such horn, but there is a Wolo Bad Boy, which is a Nautilus clone.

The louder Compact Nautilus is standard on the 150s and I'm pretty sure the 170i, and is rated at 115dBA @ 1 meter, 139dBA at 4 inches. The HF80 claims 109dBA/133dBA.

Stebel's spec sheet: http://www.stebel.it/public/stebel.pdf
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

My 170i doesn't have an actual Stebel, or even the Wolo, it has another sort of compact Nautilus clone. Whatever it is (I think the name starts with "I", but I would have to look again) it's pretty darn loud.
I scared the bejeezus out of some middle-aged folks that nearly walked right out in front of me (and my bf on the Harley) from between two cars in Saratoga yesterday. I hope they may have re-learned "look both ways before crossing the street," and maybe use the crosswalks rather than trying to dodge traffic.
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

I have the 50cc Lil'International "Pamplona" and the horn is louder than the own on my old Honda Civic. I haven't used it a lot. I try to avoid those situations and I don't use it after he fact because someone did one thing to puss me off. But when I have used it... It does have a rather shock and awe effect that I enjoy. I was going south on Hampton Ave and a guy looked right at me, I looked at him, and then the jerk preceded to jerk his car right into my lane as if I wasn't even there! :x His windows were open, he was right next to me in MY lane and I laid in the horn. He jumped and spilled a drink all over himself and looked at me like " WTF was THAT??? I just smiled and said next time you won't steal someone else's lane and rode off while he was left wiping up whatever he spilled all over himself. 8)

All that said, I am finding that if you are riding a scooter, you could have a horn that came off an 18-wheeler and idiot drivers still wouldn't take notice. I'm glad I signed up for the motor cycle safety course... I have two more weeks and I am sooooo careful to do my best to avoid situations that I may not know how to properly deal with. But this newbie is still loving her Buddy... I never knew something could be so fun. I have been halting a friend out every day with artwork for a show that is coming right up and I have not had a chance to ride in almost two weeks, I have only started Manuel up every few days. I miss it. I really hate my car these days.
96 Decibel Freaks
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

Used Vinny's horn on the streets for the first time yesterday. Was approaching an intersection and saw a friend from work coming in the opposite lane. Just wanted to say hello so I gave it two little (loud) taps :o
Tam Tam

cutsie poo!

Post by Tam Tam »

The first time using the horn of note was when a big ol' SUV pulls up to the edge of a parking lot, looks left, looks right (which is the direction I was coming from) and then just begins to lazily pull right out in front of me. (This was a parking lot under a huge overpass) So I blasted the horn for 3 seconds, and the SUV jammed it's brakes as I rolled by. At the next stoplight, said SUV made a point to roar up behind me very close, and in the mirror i could see the driver, a yuppie/soccer with a frowny face. At the light change, I just blasted away, the prima giving them a big raspberry...
The best though, was this - Riding to the grocery store, I'm about to take a right, and there is a bus stop on the corner. A grandma is sitting there with her 6-7 year grand daughter on her lap. As I slow to take the turn, the little girl starts waving and smiling like mad, so, what do I do? Yep, give 'um a blast of the horn. The little girl scrunched up, and clamped her hands over her ears but was still smiling, and the grandmother looked at me and just laughed. I waved, and they both waved back as I made the turn. That was a fun thing.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

Left my meter on my desk last night. :(

I want this...

http://is.gd/nwOGPD
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Stebel is bankrupt and the supply of horns for manufacturers is gone. They're still available from some retailers and distributors, though. If you want one, get it now.
Mousenut wrote:Left my meter on my desk last night. :(

I want this...

Shortened your URL for ya. It was goofing up the page. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

ericalm wrote:Stebel is bankrupt and the supply of horns for manufacturers is gone. They're still available from some retailers and distributors, though. If you want one, get it now.
Mousenut wrote:Left my meter on my desk last night. :(

I want this...

Shortened your URL for ya. It was goofing up the page. :)
Tanks!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

So if Stebel is no more Genuine seems to be putting loud horns in nonetheless. Well, according to a 170i rider who posted.

So who makes that horn? And what are some other good alternatives? I see some at auto parts stores sometimes but its hard to know what is what? More horns around then I would care to consider.
Riding is riding
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

I measured it tonight:

118 dB @ 1 meter "A" weighted
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JHScoot wrote:So if Stebel is no more Genuine seems to be putting loud horns in nonetheless. Well, according to a 170i rider who posted.

So who makes that horn? And what are some other good alternatives? I see some at auto parts stores sometimes but its hard to know what is what? More horns around then I would care to consider.
The Wolo horns are common alternatives to the Stebels. Just watch out for the Stebel knock-offs from dubious no-name sources. I think there were even counterfeit Stebels (or non-Stebels being sold as Stebels) on eBay at one point.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

And if anyone needs a DIY Stebel how to, I did one a few years ago on my blog from my Blur install. The method applies to all scooters though.

http://www.nathanielsalzman.com/diy/diy ... -air-horn/
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Used a Stebal twice today for the same reason on two different scooters riding on the same street at almost the exact same location. But of course at different times.

I shall avoid that route tomorrow. Don't want to push my luck. Third time may NOT be the charm.
Riding is riding
ScootsMcGillicuddy

Post by ScootsMcGillicuddy »

This reminds me of my first day in my motorcycle safety class. I went through the class on my Buddy. We were going through the basics of where everything was on the bikes. We were all lined up and he told us to locate the horns and hit the button. WOW! My Stebel blew everyone out the door. Everyone looked at me with chins to ground and the instructor came over and hit the horn himself. Everyone was very impressed, and shocked. Laughter ensued!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Got to use it twice last night. Second time the guy looked shocked as he turned around as if to think "OMG I AM DEAD I DID NOT SEE THE TRUCK"

He saw the scooter just fine, though. Because he hesitated turning in front of me, then decided to go for it.

Hate when they do that. Just turn if you're going to turn, don't wait and cut me off.

Silly cagers :clown:
Riding is riding
velobuff

Post by velobuff »

Anyone compared it to the similar Wolo horn? I've read that they're the same thing but others said the have both and one is better. The wolo seems to be able to be easier gotten.

My gf just got her MC license and I want to put one in both our scoots now
<a target="_blank" href=''https://velobuff.com/">My Blog</a>
jmer1234

Post by jmer1234 »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:I was going south on Hampton Ave and a guy looked right at me, I looked at him, and then the jerk preceded to jerk his car right into my lane as if I wasn't even there! :x
In no way am I validating what this guy did, but I have been on his end and had the same thing happen. What most people do not realize is that we all have blind spots in our eyes that are a little to the outside of our center of vision. The brain compensates for it, so we do not perceive it. Take a look at this link http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/blindspot1.html.

I had a situation once where I came to a T-intersection, stopped and looked for on coming traffic, saw nothing, pulled out and realized that there was a pickup truck RIGHT THERE! Now, when I come to an intersection, I take a second longer and waggle my head a little just to make sure a big truck is not lurking in my blind spot.

We need to realize that we are smaller than the cars on the road, and just because somebody pulled out in front of you, it may not have been malicious.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Major bummer about Stebel going out of business!

I had a nice Stebel-like moment last summer when a couple young guys in a sporty car whipped in front of me...a bit too close for my taste, then got in the left lane to go on the freeway, but got stopped at the light.

I had a green light going straight, their passenger window was down, and you can guess the rest!

I hope their ears were ringing for a while after that! :twisted:
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I've never looked under my hood, but I suspect I didn't get a Stebel from the factory on my '08 125. My horn is sort of anemic. It isn't very loud or attention getting like others here always describe. I'll occasionally honk at some ahole and I don't even think they hear me. Kids love it when I honk because it's sort of a quiet beep beep. At least it's not high pitched.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Yours might be made by Stebel, but it may be the electromagnetic Magnum rather than the electropneumatic Compact Nautilus found on the Big Internationals & Blackjack.

Before some details left-the-building on Genuine's website, I remember the Magnum and the Compact Nautilus being used on various Buddy models. http://www.stebel.it has details.

There's no such horn as a Stebel 'dominator', but there _is_ a dual trumpet Dominator made by Wolo. So confusing. :roll:
Syd

Post by Syd »

michelle_7728 wrote:Major bummer about Stebel going out of business!

I had a nice Stebel-like moment last summer when a couple young guys in a sporty car whipped in front of me...a bit too close for my taste, then got in the left lane to go on the freeway, but got stopped at the light.

I had a green light going straight, their passenger window was down, and you can guess the rest!

Out of business? Their web site is still up and showing the Nautili (Nautiluses?). And I found the Nautilus on Scooterworks site too.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

PeteH wrote:Yours might be made by Stebel, but it may be the electromagnetic Magnum rather than the electropneumatic Compact Nautilus found on the Big Internationals & Blackjack.

Before some details left-the-building on Genuine's website, I remember the Magnum and the Compact Nautilus being used on various Buddy models. http://www.stebel.it has details.
Yeah, mine sounds like the electromagnetic TM80, but not nearly as loud as they make it sound on their website. The Nautilus sounds awesome on the website! That'll wake you up! The Nautilus Compact, not so much.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Syd wrote:

Out of business? Their web site is still up and showing the Nautili (Nautiluses?). And I found the Nautilus on Scooterworks site too.
They went bankrupt. Some vestiges and product still online, but they can't provide quantities large enough for production of new scooters.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:
They went bankrupt. Some vestiges and product still online, but they can't provide quantities large enough for production of new scooters.
Oh man. I've always been disappointed that the Blur 220 came with such a *weak* horn as stock...especially since the 170 didn't! This morning I called NoHo, Mike told me he'd try to get a Stebel ordered in for me by this weekend, so that they can install it during my service appointment. Surprisingly excited for the noise bump.

I love my Blur, but the stock horn...intimidating, it ain't. And there have been a few times I *wish wish wish* I had a _strong_ horn to express my anger and/or concern over imminent danger.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

My '08 Buddy definitely had a LOUD horn, and I know that the previous owner didn't install it...they had it all of 80 miles.

I wonder if they installed Stebils for part of the year maybe...?
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
phatch

Post by phatch »

k1dude wrote:
PeteH wrote:Yours might be made by Stebel, but it may be the electromagnetic Magnum rather than the electropneumatic Compact Nautilus found on the Big Internationals & Blackjack.

Yeah, mine sounds like the electromagnetic TM80, but not nearly as loud as they make it sound on their website. The Nautilus sounds awesome on the website! That'll wake you up! The Nautilus Compact, not so much.
I just cracked the hood on my '08 Buddy 125 (been looking for a reason to!) and found a Stebel Magnum T80!

Side note: the front blinkers are just hanging unconnected - I know this is normal... how do I get them connected to the blinkers? Do I not want to do this for any reason?
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:
Syd wrote:

Too bad. Maybe I'll pick one up. Just in case, you know?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

phatch wrote:Side note: the front blinkers are just hanging unconnected - I know this is normal... how do I get them connected to the blinkers? Do I not want to do this for any reason?
You can get an easy kit at http://www.voodooscooterparts.com. He's got kits for using the 'deadlights' as running lights, turn signals, or both.
phatch

Post by phatch »

PeteH wrote:
phatch wrote:Side note: the front blinkers are just hanging unconnected - I know this is normal... how do I get them connected to the blinkers? Do I not want to do this for any reason?
You can get an easy kit at http://www.voodooscooterparts.com. He's got kits for using the 'deadlights' as running lights, turn signals, or both.
Thanks... I'll check 'em out.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Question:

Should I buy a Stebel Nautilaus Compact for my Blur...and just keep it until my next service and take it in with me to the dealer?

I don't trust myself to wire it in, but I was thinking it might be cheaper for me to self-order it rather than go through the dealer...and it'll be quicker, avoid the whole 'out of business/stock' risk from Stebel's side.
I'd rather try to get it installed during a routine service, might make the labor cost cheaper if they're already messing with it...$90 an hour is a lot.

Any reason not to do that?

(I'm expecting main counter will be to install it myself. I *might* be able to do that if I take it to my brother in laws, I don't have any tools and need his. But then I risk looking foolish if I can't do it right <.< Not sure how simple/hard it is, I know there's a "relay that requires some wiring")
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I just had good reason to use mine yesterday.

As I was riding up this road (one lane each direction), traffic was backed-up because of a good-sized dump truck at the lead. One of cars in the line was this big ol' Suburban Assault Vehicle driven by some woman yacking on her cell phone about how important she is or possibly making an appointment with her aesthetician to have her knuckle hair tweezed or whatever.
Well, she's driving off to the right side of the lane; kinda sticking out more than she should which is no problem and no issue for anyone else on the road. But then we get to the point where the right turn lane appears and that's where I'm headed.
For some reason known only to the woman in the SAV and her astrologer, she continues to hang out the right side of her lane and is now partially in my right turn lane, even though she has set a course straight ahead toward the next Starbucks to pick up a double mocha frappacheezwhiz with extra choco-doodles or whatever they serve there.
I hung back a moment to see if she would notice her lack of driving ability or basic coordination and perhaps steer her Queen Mary II of a vehicle back on it's intended course toward caffeinated choco-cheezwhiz bliss. Well, it was not to be so I did what any self-respecting owner of a 139 decibel Stebel Intimidator horn would/should do.
So I honked.
Not just a little "beep-beep" mind you. But a nice long blast of Stebel goodness.
Now, I only honk at another driver if it absolutely seems necessary. It's just common courtesy and besides, I can easily be run down by the lowest of life forms since they apparently will let any knuckle-dragging Neanderthal monobrow mouth-breathing douche-wit operate a motor vehicle these days.
I'm not sure what got in to me but I enjoyed the hell out of using my horn that time!

And just a question for those that live in colder climates: Do you notice your Stebel doesn't work so well in cold temps? Mine kinda moans out a low note when it's cold but yesterday with the hot temps it was like a big-rig!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

HA!

I regularly drive on Colorado Blvd and University. Both those give me ample chances to make sure the horn is still working.

While turning onto 1st st from Broadway where my domicile is, there is often foot traffic crossing against the light. I had one where a couple of ladies, both on the phone (presumably to one another, to avoid that messy PERSONAL CONTACT thing...) walked out against the light. While I do believe that pedestrians come first, I'm also a firm believer that most people are too stupid to use the bathroom correctly. it's also the sort of intersection that if you don't act assertively, there isn't a time until 2am that you could go without 1000 hipsters texting crossing against the light.

When I laid on the horn, one dropped her leftovers from El Diablo and the other dropped her phone. Mission accomplished.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Edwub wrote:Question:

Should I buy a Stebel Nautilaus Compact for my Blur...and just keep it until my next service and take it in with me to the dealer?

I don't trust myself to wire it in, but I was thinking it might be cheaper for me to self-order it rather than go through the dealer...and it'll be quicker, avoid the whole 'out of business/stock' risk from Stebel's side.
I'd rather try to get it installed during a routine service, might make the labor cost cheaper if they're already messing with it...$90 an hour is a lot.

Any reason not to do that?

(I'm expecting main counter will be to install it myself. I *might* be able to do that if I take it to my brother in laws, I don't have any tools and need his. But then I risk looking foolish if I can't do it right <.< Not sure how simple/hard it is, I know there's a "relay that requires some wiring")
You can do this. Or ask your dealer if they can sell you one at the online price if you have them install it. Never hurts to ask!

It's relatively simple. I'm a total hack when it comes to electronics and wired my Stebel Magnum in my LX and have done some other electronic work. (By hack, I mean that I've never soldered, have very little awareness of watts, voltage, amps, whatever, and learned most of what I know either on forums and by doing a ridiculously crude job of installing a 12v adapter in my LX.)

Installing the relay does take a couple more steps. Most connectors are included. (Make sure the relay is included! It's sometimes sold separately.)

There are some good tutorials online for doing the install. They may help build your confidence! (For most, fitting the horn and putting on a bracket is the tough part.)

Here's one from MBer Nathanial Salzman, installing in a Blur!
http://www.nathanielsalzman.com/diy/diy ... -air-horn/

Very similar installs on other models; some useful info:
http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/11027.aspx
http://modernvespa.com/forum/wiki-stebel

Eventually I'll install one on the Stella. I just need to find a place for it up front or figure out how to mount it in the cowl.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I've done two Blur installations with Nathaniel's instructions. DEFINITELY do the relay, it's not much extra work and it's just gonna work better in the long run. They come with a relay, but one of the two i've installed had a bad relay out of the box. I found a suitable replacement at Autozone for six or eight bucks, so if you're pulling your hair out, that's probably the problem. Otherwise, it's pretty simple.

Bb
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Hmm. I'm both terrified by the idea of doing it myself, and oddly excited.

I have a huge work deadline in early July and am supposed to not be checking any of my usual distractions (anyone notice my postcount increased recently :() but I think in mid-July I'm going to purchase horn+relay at the least, and then think about attempting it! (Or running scared to the dealer...but the $$$ for an hour+ of labor is a LOT for a horn upgrade.)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

It's really absolutely simple, though to really do it right, you should solder it, not use crimp-on connectors. Removing the seat bucket and fishing the wire through is cake, the hardest part is fitting everything in the little hole where the old horn used to be, but Nathaniel has an elegant solution for that.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

I couldn't tell by the tutorial whether he used the "Nautilus" or the "Nautilus Compact."

On the stebel.it site, you get both links by clicking the car, but only the compact if you click the motorbike:

Nautilus:
http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/product ... logia=auto

Nautilus Compact
http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/product ... logia=moto

He mentioned 148 db in the tutorial...compact is 'only' 139. It's hard to tell from the picture, since one is tilted, but I'd guess the compact has a slightly smaller profile. I wonder whether that compounded the sizing/fit at all.

I had contacted Genuine a while ago to see their recommendation and whether they could tell me the stock horn db rating (they couldn't) but they said I should go for the nautilus compact, which makes sense.

-----
Hmm, maybe I should do the install when my father is in town. He's a hardware engineer, he'd get a kick out of it. And be bloody useful <.< Playing with my Blur a little might lead him to like it more. As I pass three and a half years of scooting, he's starting to warm up to the idea a little :) Maybe when he retires he'll grab something fun for himself.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Tocsik wrote: And just a question for those that live in colder climates: Do you notice your Stebel doesn't work so well in cold temps? Mine kinda moans out a low note when it's cold but yesterday with the hot temps it was like a big-rig!
Geeze...... I thought mine was the only one that did that, I wonder if there's any remedy for that?

Good story, I just don't know what the heck some drivers are thinking. The other day I gave mine a 'freight train' blast when someone was drifting into my lane, they jerked their wheel the other way, all the way off the road!
Another car came chasing me down yelling that I ran the armored personnel carrier off the road!!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
skully93

Post by skully93 »

KABarash wrote: Another car came chasing me down yelling that I ran the armored personnel carrier off the road!!
Well, having a giant vehicle is the best way to compensate for not being able to drive. Also, that way you have ample space to be on your phone and laptop at the same time whilst driving (I have seen this, and I had no qualms about telling the driver that he either needs to pull over or die in a fire...).
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I get very, very tempted to use it alot (especially in situations where 2 lanes merge into 1 and drivers think they can beat me and the vehicle in front of me and end up having to squeeze between us...I usually take a moment to calm down and just end up shaking my head in disgust
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

skully93 wrote:
KABarash wrote: Another car came chasing me down yelling that I ran the armored personnel carrier off the road!!
Well, having a giant vehicle is the best way to compensate for not being able to drive. Also, that way you have ample space to be on your phone and laptop at the same time whilst driving (I have seen this, and I had no qualms about telling the driver that he either needs to pull over or die in a fire...).
ha

Kind of related to giant vehicle comment. I was gassing up, place was PACKED. I park next to my pump and a Caddy Escalade in full dress (lol) doesn't see my scoot and rushes through to my spot only to be stopped dead 15ft from my scoot as i walk into pay. I walk out, all other cagers still at their pumps, Caddy still waiting on the little scooter. I pump in $2.80 and ride away.

I wonder what the driver thought about the short wait he had and the $2.80 as he stood for 10min becoming $120 lighter in the wallet?

$120 pays for my entire years insurance :rofl:
Riding is riding