Lost A Glove

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Lost A Glove

Post by JHScoot »

I just got a new pair of leather gloves and I have lost one. The left. I am left handed. A coincidence? I think not. :P

What is the last piece of gear you lost? Doesn't have to be something you wear, just something you ride with. Maybe you "left it behind" or "dropped it somewhere?"

I lose things sometimes. Leave behind....keys, wallet. You say get a bag? Well, I have left that behind, too. Twice.

I am just not used to hauling things around like this, but am trying to be more aware of my actions as I get ready to ride. Perhaps take my time more?

Does it stop? Is it supposed to happen? I want my glove back :(
Riding is riding
TVB

Post by TVB »

I've lost a glove several times. Even the same glove.

One time was in Mackinaw City. It was only a few blocks from the park at the base of the Bridge to the dock for the ferry to the Island, so I left my gloves in the glove bucket. I didn't notice the glove was missing until I got back from the Island at the end of the day. I retraced my route, and found it in the road, where it had been run over by approximately 50,000 tourist cars and looked several years older than its mate. But at least I didn't have to buy a new pair while on vacation.

The most recent time was several weeks ago. Because the temperature was varying so much between morning and evening, I was carrying both my warm- and cold-weather gloves and switching between them. One afternoon, one of the cold-weather gloves escaped the glove bucket. I did some looking for it, but no luck. So until the morning temperatures improved, I wore one cold and one warm. Which is not very comfortable at 40F. Then I lost the glove I wasn't wearing (the aforementioned Prodigal of Mackinaw), so I was stuck with only one mismatched pair.

I just bought new ones.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I don't lose things...its worse. I have a wife that rides, as do both my kids...So they "borrow" some of my riding gear. Things like, MX gloves or my silk glove liners. top of my rainsuit out of the bike once (Dad was not happy about being wet when he got home )...LOL stuff like that.

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 6'1". smaller than me but my stuff will fit her, so I often find her in one of my jackets,too. At least I am the only one that wears my size helmet! :wink:
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

viney266 wrote:I don't lose things...its worse. I have a wife that rides, as do both my kids...So they "borrow" some of my riding gear. Things like, MX gloves or my silk glove liners. top of my rainsuit out of the bike once (Dad was not happy about being wet when he got home )...LOL stuff like that.

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 6'1". smaller than me but my stuff will fit her, so I often find her in one of my jackets,too. At least I am the only one that wears my size helmet! :wink:
I haven't been riding long enough to loose any gear... yet. I'm sure it will happen, but my snowboarding gear seems to disappear when my fiancee and kids use it.
- Ally
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

I had a spare pair of gloves in the front bin of the Buddy and one fell out while riding. I circled back and found it. I hate buying gloves.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

I lost a glove once. I had been wearing my cold weather gloves and my warm weather gloves were in the pet carrier - I lost one of those. I suspect that the glove came out of the carrier when I grabbed my bag at some point. They were pretty new, too, so that sucked. Now I watch very closely to see if things fall out when I'm unpacking. My current warm weather gloves, some Corazzo Urbano's, have a velcro strap that gets stuck on things and they're constantly trying to take a ride on my bag to escape the carrier.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I don't usually loose gear just my mind some times. Then quickly find it in the gutter.... You can always pretend your Michel Jackson... :lol:
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Just yesterday I lost my ONLY key to my lock... so I resorted to drastic measures... yep I cut my cable... it only took me 22 minutes...
Attachments
lost.key.cut.cable.jpg
lost.key.cut.cable.jpg (69.49 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I lost my AWESOME DIY DRINK HOLDER.

That's it.

The rest just accumulates.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I haven't "lost" anything yet, but I have temporarily misplaced things from time to time.
For instance last week, on wednesday night, upon leaving work I went to take my goggles out of their little case in my pet carrier, and they were missing, the case was there, and the extra lenses, but no goggles. I had my extra pair of sunglasses though, phew! :roll: So I wear my sunglasses to ride home in the dark (I weeaar my suuuuunglasses at night, oh the 80s), it was definitely a bad idea, but they're better than nothing. I get home and there are my goggles, hanging from the hook that my backpack was on before I left. :fp:
Now I double check that my goggles are there before I leave, especially when I know I'm going to be riding in the dark at some point before I come home.
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Wed May 16, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
laxer

Post by laxer »

iMoses wrote:Just yesterday I lost my ONLY key to my lock... so I resorted to drastic measures... yep I cut my cable... it only took me 22 minutes...
So you're the guy I called the cops on for trying to steal a scooter yesterday... :wink:
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:I lost my AWESOME DIY DRINK HOLDER.
The really cool one you made from a wine bottle carrier/holder thing?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jmazza wrote:
ericalm wrote:I lost my AWESOME DIY DRINK HOLDER.
The really cool one you made from a wine bottle carrier/holder thing?
LOL. Yes. This one.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
easy

Post by easy »

lost a phone must of missed the inside pocket and temperarly traped inside my riding coat. Was wondering what i ran over that caused the rear wheel to slip out on me till i started looking for my phone the nxt mrning
what did you trade the day for?
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

I lose gloves ALL THE TIME!!! Already on my 4th pair since I've started riding again. Thankfully, the summers here are insanely hot, so the glove of choice for me is the Fox Racing "Dirtpaw". Not only are they comfy in the summer, they're also a HELL of alot cheaper than other gloves (at around $25 bucks). So if I lose one it's not a terrible loss.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

I hit a bump really hard that this popped out of my Buddy pocket and rolled across the road.
david12df

Lost A Glove

Post by david12df »

I loose hats, baseball caps and knit hats,.doing 50 plus mph
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

laxer wrote:
iMoses wrote:Just yesterday I lost my ONLY key to my lock... so I resorted to drastic measures... yep I cut my cable... it only took me 22 minutes...
So you're the guy I called the cops on for trying to steal a scooter yesterday... :wink:

sshhhhhhh!!!!!
I was trying to be sneaky :)
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

My mind, many years ago.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I've found everything thankfully, but the reason I wear a wallet chain still after 20 years is not because I think it's cool, but so I don't lose it.

I lose shit all the time. Thankfully a phone and some gear that fell off I noticed in time to circle back and find it.

DOH!
Rob

Post by Rob »

skully93 wrote:I've found everything thankfully, but the reason I wear a wallet chain still after 20 years is not because I think it's cool, but so I don't lose it.
:+!: That was always one of my obsessive, compulsive behaviors. I would constantly check my rear pocket for my wallet. I didn't go the chain route, I just keep it tucked away in one of my zipped jacket pockets these days.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
TVB

Post by TVB »

I've gotten sick of sitting on my wallet all the time, so I now tend to keep it in my Tactical Bail Out Bag... which has pretty much become my purse anyway.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

My co-worker has a Victory Hammer with a short sissy bar on the back. He hung his laptop bag on it, using that slot thingy that lots of laptop bags have to slide over your rolling luggage handle. One good bump and he bounced it right off. A cop stopped him a couple blocks later and told him. Fortunately it was still in the street and undamaged.

Most of my rides are my commute to work, so my wallet is well-secured in my khakis' pocket with a button. I have a trucker's wallet with a good chain, given to me by my dad when he placed a big leathercraft order, but The Mrs. would never let me out of the house with it. :)
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!