Who are you in real life?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

xkennx

Post by xkennx »

edit: oops
06 Gen Scooters Buddy 125 (sold)
05 Gen Scooters Stella w/sidecar (sold)
05 Vespa ET8
80 Vespa P200 w/ Polini 208
80 Vespa P200 w/ Malossi 210
74 Vespa Sprint 125
74 Vespa Primaveria 125 (broke)
56 Labretta LD 125 (sold)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Are there TONS of Ohio scooterists or are they jusy disproportionately represented in the forums? Seems like someone in Ohio is doing a great job of selling scoots!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

ericalm wrote:Are there TONS of Ohio scooterists or are they jusy disproportionately represented in the forums? Seems like someone in Ohio is doing a great job of selling scoots!
Well, in the greater Cincinnati area, there's a pretty strong scooter crew (the Ten Year Lates) and Seth from Metro Scooter did a good job of making sure that a lot of us knew this site existed. :D

I'm going to go with disproportionately represented. :wink:
Huh? What just happened?
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

There have been quite a few new members since this was last updated...

So... bump. :D
Huh? What just happened?
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

AxeYrCat wrote:Well, in the greater Cincinnati area, there's a pretty strong scooter crew (the Ten Year Lates) and Seth from Metro Scooter did a good job of making sure that a lot of us knew this site existed.
The Ten Year Lates are almost as strong of a scooter crew as The Vulcans here in Cincinnati. :wink: The Vulcan SC just had their 20 year anniversary.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

My name is Dorothy, originally from Kansas City, Missouri. (Not Kansas. LMAO) but I've been moving around since I was 20 years old as either a military wife, or active duty. (3 years in the Marine Corps) I'm now 38, soon to be 39. Sorry the pic of me isn't newer, I've been camera shy as my weight hs bounced around a bit due to a health issue that is slowly but surely being fixed. (Nothing serious, just annoying, and it makes me fat, tired, sluggish. LMAO)

My hair has been bleached and dyed many colors, blue, red, pink, yellow, green. That's the aftermath in the photo. Right now, I'm dying it blue/black to keep it all one color while the bleached portion finishes growing out.

And here's my Buddy, PRIOR to the accident. I do have photos of it after the crash too. But, I like the before pics better. :)

I also have two really great kids. One is 17, and trying to get into the Navy (there's been a delay), and the other is 12. They'll be 18 this summer, and 13 this spring, respectively.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

[quote="polianarchyHopefully I wont bother y'all too much with my newbie questions. :wink: :D[/quote]

I don't think you can bother us too much since most of the people in here are already disturbed!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

BuddyRaton wrote:
polianarchy wrote:Hopefully I wont bother y'all too much with my newbie questions. :wink: :D
I don't think you can bother us too much since most of the people in here are already disturbed!
HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Sounds good to me...just means I fit right in! :goofy:
ModBud #442
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

polianarchy wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:
polianarchy wrote:Hopefully I wont bother y'all too much with my newbie questions. :wink: :D
HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Sounds good to me...just means I fit right in! :goofy:
WHEW!!!! What a relief! And here I thought I was going to be the only strange one! :rofl:
axiom007

Post by axiom007 »

here is me. Just me. I know you guys probably wanted to see Jenn... but that will have to wait.
Attachments
rteague.jpg
rteague.jpg (83.56 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
If you are gonna do it, make darn sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Another pic, because I'm incredibly vain and my friend Simon is a brilliant photographer:

ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

This thread's been dormant for a while...

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

Here are some pics from my personal archive, I was going to sell these on eBay for a trillion billion dollars but decided to keep them instead.

I'm not adding images of my scoot because I'm taking a chance that you all know what an almost stock black Buddy looks like.

Pics that need to be resized are my Triumph, the Rabbit and my 50

Enjoy!
I don't do much modding on the scoot anymore, just riding :-)
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Sorry about your kitty. :(

I too have an Audi... A TT with entirely too much invested in it.

Unfortunately, it's been spending more time at APR these last few years than it has with me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't let your car be the guinea pig for a totally sweet turbo upgrade kit. It's not fun when stuff breaks. :( :?
Huh? What just happened?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

My next car will likely be an Audi (unless I get one of these—no, seriously). Problem is, as wonky as my 15 year-old VW has become, it's quite hard to justify buying a car I'll drive once a week and when it's raining. Scootin's good all year here in SoCal.
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

Got any pictures of your car on top of a parking garage?
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

mybuddy wrote:Got any pictures of your car on top of a parking garage?
:lol:

I think you must mean him, because you *know* I do. :lol: :D

It's how Scooter Dave and I met. :P
Huh? What just happened?
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

lol... I'll look for it, but yes I do, it's an Audi requirement you know. I'll see what else I can find on this laptop, it's fairly new so a lot of my pics haven't come over from the desktop yet.

nice TT btw :wink: Matrix wanted to take mine for a 550whp project but it would have cost me 20K and no car for the year... that was a no-go, now I kick myself in the ass :cry:

The TT will be one pist off TT when you get it back, consider the time away from your baby the payment for a car that will hand 200K sportscars thier ass on a dirty plate 8)
I don't do much modding on the scoot anymore, just riding :-)
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Is that 550hp project similar to the twin turbo VR6 thing that HPA was/is doing? I love the idea of 550hp in a new Beetle Cabrio with the 4Motion system like HPA put into a few A4 platform VWs. Preferably in a light blue.
- Bryce
lylee

Post by lylee »

This is me at my wedding, dancing with my cousin Juan who is just about the best dancer ever.

I never look like this (except the sweaty part). I never spend more than 30 secs on my hair , rarely to never wear makeup, never ever wear a 60 year old satin dress with a 10 foot train, and rarely to never wear jewelry.
But, Juan's wife Margarita sent me this pic so I have it on my computer.

Usually I wear scrubs. I'm a med student married to a professor of archeology. We have two scooters, lots and lots of books, and no TV.
Attachments
wedding salsa.JPG
wedding salsa.JPG (20.92 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

Kruzer -

I also think of my cat when I think of "Buddy". Your Buddy looked really sweet.

I was showing off my new scoot and my friend took the photo. Hmm, I'm still not sure I like the large headlight on the '07s but I love riding my scoot.
Attachments
2007 SI day 2.
2007 SI day 2.
SJM.SI.1.JPG (61.57 KiB) Viewed 5098 times
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

This is my "buddy". Her name is....Vespa. I got her before I got a scoot. Someday, I'll have a mechanical Vespa.
Attachments
My Buddy, Vespa.
My Buddy, Vespa.
vespa.iams.jpg (54.96 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
ebcspace

4 wheel motion

Post by ebcspace »

by the way, the VW R32 is an all-wheel drive special version of the
"golf" if you could call it that... that uses the same 4motion system.

3.2 VR6, 240hp stock... try with a stage-4 supercharger... about 500hp.

very sporty little car. my brother got one, and the wife never wants
to ride in it again. I thought my '98 Jetta VR6 was pretty quick.

here's my bro's, next to my Vespa ET4.

notice they both have euro-turn signals and sport seats.
Attachments
vespa-r32-pic.gif
vespa-r32-pic.gif (154.14 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
scoot on!
Witch

Post by Witch »

First post in this particular forum, but as far as scooters, I've been around a bit.

Currently scooter-less, but this is me with my most recent new toy. On sale is the only way to buy a non-plastic clarinet.
Attachments
One of my more nerd-ish looks.
One of my more nerd-ish looks.
clarinet-sm.jpg (41.16 KiB) Viewed 4991 times
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I had a rosewood E flat alto clarinet a hundred years ago. Wish I still had it. Right now, I'm looking in antique shops and sales for a metal B flat clarinet. I missed the opportunity to buy one for $50 a year ago.

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
Keys

Post by Keys »

Okay, so you start doing some improvisational swing-jazz on that licorice stick and I'll jump in on my keyboards and we'll be "The Motor-vators". Or something...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
joelh

Post by joelh »

In real life I am a professional wood turner. I live in a Siler City, NC (about 30 miles west of Raleigh). If any of you are interested in seeing the work that I do, you can see it on my website, www.joelhunnicutt.com
Attachments
webshot.jpg
webshot.jpg (220.94 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

INCREDIBLE work! Next time I'm in NC I have to come check out your work. I should be in the Raleigh/Ashville area this summer. Lojical1 and I are considering of moving there.
rajron

Post by rajron »

What a way-cool job – your work is Stunning!

and you have a Buddy
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Keys wrote:Okay, so you start doing some improvisational swing-jazz on that licorice stick and I'll jump in on my keyboards and we'll be "The Motor-vators". Or something...

--Keys 8)
I could join in on the tuba, except that a) I don't own one and b) I was never any good with jazz.
x-mojito50mod

Post by x-mojito50mod »

I guess I never showed my face on here...this is me, Matt:

And in this one, I'm on the right, Shadmock (did I spell that right, Sean?) is on the left and another Reflections member, Denver Dave, is in the middle on his stella. This was from the Sunday ride of Scootin' Fools, on PCH in Pacific Palisades, CA...what a beuatiful day/ride...

I skateboard, make art (paint, silkscreen, etc), make music (in my "closet studio", as pictured above), am a fan of music as well, and scoot all the time (have no car). I have a day job I've had for 7 years, I wear a tie, it pays my bills, and affords me to be done at 3:00pm daily (lots of time for my art).

-M@
twharton

Post by twharton »

Here I am with my PERFECT wife Kathy on Mardis Gras day on Pensacola Beach.

That's my Dad with me on my Buddy in my avatar.
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

In real life I'm a Microbiology Ph.D. student at Purdue University, as well as an Irish Dancer, Rennie (been working at Renaissance Festivals since I was 16), and proud owner of Cairo the Pharaoh Hound.
Attachments
charterballsm.jpg
charterballsm.jpg (70.99 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Don't you have to get a masters before you can get a PhD? :P

Welcome to the board... And Buddydom... Buddyism... Whatever.

(I was totally going to post an embarassing picture of you, but I don't seem to have any handy... D'oh!) :lol: :cry:
Huh? What just happened?
San Francisco

Post by San Francisco »

I have no problem showing my face to you all. Here you go:

AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Bumping this up so we (or I at least) can put a face with the screen name on some of the n00bs (or relative n00bs). :D
Huh? What just happened?
ejaseisme

Post by ejaseisme »

Hi ya all, I'm Jason, 34, live in Seattle, just finished my degree (finally) at the UW and currently wait on people for a living because frankly, the money being a server is better than the money I can make doing anything in my field. Sigh, so much for progress.

Anyhow, I just bought a black Buddy 125cc in June as some dumbass decided to pull out on a red light which left me with a totaled truck. I was going to buy a Mazda 3, but really, I live in a small enough city that I can get around and lug around enough stuff just fine on a scooter. So, I bought one. So far, the summer has been amazing and I love it.

Ciao.
Attachments
Doing what I do best in the mornin', guzzlin' coffee.
Doing what I do best in the mornin', guzzlin' coffee.
jasoncoffee.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Keys wrote:Okay, so you start doing some improvisational swing-jazz on that licorice stick and I'll jump in on my keyboards and we'll be "The Motor-vators". Or something...

--Keys 8)
I rock the tenor sax, lets get er done

Me
cowgirl helmet

Post by cowgirl helmet »

Here I am on a pink Buddy at Sportique Scooters in Denver. This was the visit that made me decide that my Piaggio Fly was way too big, and that I should think about getting a Buddy. Just one week after this pic was taken, because of a scootin' friend who's not on this forum, the Amazing Scooter Exchange took place in which I swapped the Fly for CmJ's Buddy, and we're both happy as heck. So thanks to Karen, and to Sportique.

P.S. Yes, when I actually ride, I do wear my helmet.

Roswell

Post by Roswell »

Hey all,

I'm Pete, living here in the center of decadence and debachery, also known as Hollywood. Just picked up my black Buddy 125 about a week ago and love it. I used to work in Film and TV out here (like everyone else) now I fly helicopters! If you're up for a scoot in the area, let me know!
Attachments
img160ab.jpg
img160ab.jpg (71.56 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Let's see if this works. Last time I tried it didn't

YEAH IT WORKED!!!

Ok, I'm the ugly one on the left. 16 lbs lighter than I am today on my wedding day!

I work at STATE NET in Sacramento. Also, part time in the self serve warehouse of IKEA in West Sacramento. I'm a musician in a ska band:
www.myspace.com/streetvendorsska

My wife is now a lobbyist for CA issues with a large health care company! Previously she was the policy director of a CA Assembly women who represents Napa/Sonoma county. Yes, she did in fact drink more great wine in her months in that office than we have collectively dating 5.5 years!!! :evil:

There's photos of me on the scoot on the home computer. This is the only one of me at work. Sorry. That and I have a GREAT photo of her on my scooter at the dealership on my phone. But it isn't synch'd to anything.
Attachments
toddheli.jpg
toddheli.jpg (37.79 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Roswell wrote:I'm Pete, living here in the center of decadence and debachery, also known as Hollywood. Just picked up my black Buddy 125 about a week ago and love it. I used to work in Film and TV out here (like everyone else) now I fly helicopters! If you're up for a scoot in the area, let me know!
Hey Pete, welcome!
If you ride around Hollywood a lot, I'll probably see you at some point. I work close to Paramount, near Santa Monica and Gower and ride through/around the area every day

The rallies & events forum on ModernVespa has a lot of announcements of upcoming rides, etc., many in the So. Cal area.

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/forum5.html
jradanov

Post by jradanov »

I'm the guy with the helmet, John. Little dude is Peter, he hates helmets so refuses to wear one. We live in West Palm Beach, Fl. No more NYC winters for us, except to visit. I ride Buddy Love to work everyday and it sure beats the NYC subway.
Attachments
Scoot Boys.jpg
Scoot Boys.jpg (138.12 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I'm Byron and, being very non-photogenic (which you are certainly not, GatsbyGirl--although it looks like you're married to Eric Estrada :lol: ), no recent pictures of me have survived. I'll try to get one that I can stand taken in the near future.

But I'm actually just here checking out the scooter-babes (and digitalutopia has a picture of a Pug! You rock, girl!). :wink:

This is a really helpful forum--I've learned a great deal from everyone here! If anyone rides around Tulsa OK, let me know....
codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

Here's me

I'm Kristy and I'm a software engineer. I live in San Diego, CA but I'm moving to Tucson, AZ at the end of the month.

My buddy's name is Zoe.
Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
250koala

Post by 250koala »

Moving here huh? Ya know how hot it gets here? Like 108. Coming from San diego? I how hope someone is compensating you greatly for this.

FYI Tucson's Buddy dealer is Scoot Over on Broadway. A new GREAT coffeehouse opened up right next door to them(Crave). I belive "Agent Kestrel" works in that same area.(Never met him. Seen his bike.) The local scooter group is scooterachas( tucson scooters.org?) Thursday nights are a ride from Scoot Over to Downtown to watch the free movie of the week. ( Haven't met up with them yet. I can't ride after dark on my permit.) AzPenguin and I would be happy to show you around if you want. ( Might have seen his name on beginnerbikers )
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

This is the beautiful un-bought dress i tried on in germany. I really wish i had been more reckless with my money :cry: :cry:
I'm just going to be starting the school of nursing at Wu university in the fall, my other interests than scooting include, World of Warcraft, music of all kinds, music, friends and my other beloved... the ferrets.

this girl is so kind as to give me kisses whenever i want. :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pugbuddy wrote:I'm Byron and, being very non-photogenic (which you are certainly not, GatsbyGirl--although it looks like you're married to Eric Estrada :lol: )
Ouch. Hey! I really don't resemble "Ponch." Bad hair day, I guess. Time for a new scooter family portrait (looking for a pic where I don't look like Ponch... ...uhhh...).
codemonkey

Post by codemonkey »

250koala wrote:Moving here huh? Ya know how hot it gets here? Like 108. Coming from San diego? I how hope someone is compensating you greatly for this.

FYI Tucson's Buddy dealer is Scoot Over on Broadway. A new GREAT coffeehouse opened up right next door to them(Crave). I belive "Agent Kestrel" works in that same area.(Never met him. Seen his bike.) The local scooter group is scooterachas( tucson scooters.org?) Thursday nights are a ride from Scoot Over to Downtown to watch the free movie of the week. ( Haven't met up with them yet. I can't ride after dark on my permit.) AzPenguin and I would be happy to show you around if you want. ( Might have seen his name on beginnerbikers )
Yes, I'm being compensated greatly. And I'll be able to buy a house that isn't 50 miles away from my job (I live 2 miles away from my job but if I were to buy the house I'm renting, the mortage would be more than double what my rent is.)
Kristy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Dude, Eric. Ponch is THE MAN!

And now he has some great land in Arkansas he'd like to talk to you about...

Plus he STILL gets the ladies! Did you see that show where he was training to be a cop?! :wink:
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"