[NSR] Motorcyclist goes 186mph in 50mph zone

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chooch

Post by chooch »

Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Dumb Ass! When are people gonna learn NOT to video yourself breaking the law? :roll:
klr6773

Post by klr6773 »

I swear I was waiting for a car to change lanes in front of him....Sorry, legal or not, I can't stand seeing motorcycles split lanes. Definitely a driving pet peeve of mine.
Syd

Post by Syd »

What's wrong? Given a speedo that's about 10% optimistic, he was only going about 168. :lol:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Wow. What an idiot. All it would have taken was one inattentive driver, or some gravel in part of the lane when he was in one of those leans, and he would have been toast.

Glad they caught him. I wonder how much he'll be charged with, or if they can even take his license away for a while...if not for good.

There is no reason to allow someone like this back on the road. Eighty in a 50 is one thing (bad, but just a ticket). The speed he was going makes it obvious that he does not care about the safety of himself or others and is a danger to everyone.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I like how the article refers to him as "on the lam". He's a public menace who needs to be apprehended.
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

We have one of those idiots living in our small town. He has been seen going 100+ countless times on a 55mph country road, and it seems the sheriffs department is obliviuos to him despite countless calls. About six weeks ago he hit a deer and totalled his motorcycle, how he survived the crash was pure luck, but he is back at it. Maybe we need to pitch in and get him a GoPro for xmas :wink:
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

It's natural selection. If they are going to be going that fast and acting reckless. Then something eventually is going to happen to them, it's just a matter of time.
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
theflash784

Post by theflash784 »

In the area where I live there have been two police officers involved in crashes trying to stop high speeding motorcycles. One officer is still in the hospital with severe injuries. That officer had to turn to avoid hitting another car that turned out in front of her and wrapped her patrol vehicle around a tree. The second officer had to do the samething but caught a curb and flipped his patrol vehicle. It is very dangerous for the officers to try to stop these idiots who care nothing about their safety or the safety of others. If you want to go that fast, go to a race track. I am glad both of these riders were eventually caught.
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

This is the whole reason i have scooters and not sportbikes. My 1st car i pegged the needle numerous times going down the twisty roads of the bluffs along the Mississippi. 115 around curves in a car was fun, but didn't feel too fast. going 45 around tight turns on 10" wheels, that gets the adrenaline pumping.
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ThreeSheets wrote:It's natural selection. If they are going to be going that fast and acting reckless. Then something eventually is going to happen to them, it's just a matter of time.
If natural selection worked that way, the human race would be getting smarter as idiots like this were selected out. Unfortunately, dumbasses continue to breed, spawning dumbass kids.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

ericalm wrote:
ThreeSheets wrote:It's natural selection. If they are going to be going that fast and acting reckless. Then something eventually is going to happen to them, it's just a matter of time.
If natural selection worked that way, the human race would be getting smarter as idiots like this were selected out. Unfortunately, dumbasses continue to breed, spawning dumbass kids.
And we keep lowering the standards so that the simpletons thrive. Jail time will do two things: Extend their life and save someone elses. I'm all for the latter.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Natural selection is all about the individuals that are the best fit for the environment surviving and reproducing. If being less intelligent and more prolific is the best fit, that will survive. Being self-destructive tends to result in a low survival rate, but that isn't quite the same as being less intelligent. The traits that are most fit for modern society are definitely a bit different from what they were a few hundred years ago; physical strength is less important, adaptability to change is definitely moreso.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

if you enjoyed the vid and want to see others. check out ghost rider on youtube. and not the hollywood movie. ;p
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

While many are busy running around on their moral high horse, I can assure you... secretly a small part of you thinks a bit of this is cool and would love to at least try it.

It's human nature. Obviously it's illegal and irresponsible. But at the same time, I do not buy for a minute that anyone who rides isn't at least a *little* piqued at the possibility, if only once.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
TVB

Post by TVB »

neotrotsky wrote:While many are busy running around on their moral high horse, I can assure you... secretly a small part of you thinks a bit of this is cool and would love to at least try it.
No, I really wouldn't. If you would... hey, it's a fantasy. You don't need to justify your desire to do it by imagining that everyone else does too. There are crazy things I'd secretly like to do, that others would just scratch their heads over (or worse), and that's OK too. But this? No, I'm sorry, but for me it honestly holds no appeal at all. People are different, you know?

As for the "moral high horse" bit... I don't think less of this guy for getting off on going fast; I judge him for actually doing it, like this: for not understanding the difference between a fantasy and the ethics of acting it out.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

that is pretty awesome
Riding is riding
klr6773

Post by klr6773 »

[quote="neotrotsky"]While many are busy running around on their moral high horse, I can assure you... secretly a small part of you thinks a bit of this is cool and would love to at least try it

If you secretly desire to push the envelope, I would say feel free to do it either in the dead of night when you're the only one on the road or better yet, at a raceway/racetrack. That way no innocent drivers can be injured or killed while you're having your fun. I'd hate to be the driver who has to deal with the guilt of being involved in a wreck with a tool like this. Clearly it would have been his fault, but I'd still have to live with knowing I was involved.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

ericalm wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

:lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

ericalm wrote:
OMG! I just watched that movie... they had a preview of Windows8 in the hospital scene with Not Sure.
anthony

Post by anthony »

TVB wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:While many are busy running around on their moral high horse, I can assure you... secretly a small part of you thinks a bit of this is cool and would love to at least try it.
No, I really wouldn't. If you would... hey, it's a fantasy. You don't need to justify your desire to do it by imagining that everyone else does too. There are crazy things I'd secretly like to do, that others would just scratch their heads over (or worse), and that's OK too. But this? No, I'm sorry, but for me it honestly holds no appeal at all. People are different, you know?

As for the "moral high horse" bit... I don't think less of this guy for getting off on going fast; I judge him for actually doing it, like this: for not understanding the difference between a fantasy and the ethics of acting it out.
This.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

TVB wrote:

:+!: x100
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Whatever. I'm lucky enough to have Firebird Raceway and their many public track days and drags so there's luckily a nice safe place for anyone to get their speed kicks. I just think it's kind of snippy how the judgements fly quick and fast. Yeah... it's illegal, and dumb. I'm sure he's well aware of it. But hey, if you're happy about stating the obvious and feeling morally superior about it that's cool.

It just sounds whiny over and over when it's *obviously* a bad and illegal idea. That's all I'm saying.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

he is riding fast. bikes are made to go fast. doing so in traffic can be dangerous to rider and others. but that can be said of riding at half his speed, too. which many do and are fine with. and even at 60mph he is no less a deadly projectile

i think we must remember as riders NOTHING happened here. maybe it was his skill as a rider which prevented it? maybe he has done it before, and maybe he will again? but people die riding everyday going the speed limit. he is more likely to die riding like that. its a bike so i say let him

the cagers? driving is dangerous, too. you never know what might happen. its a risk. a mc going 200mph might even slide by you. you never know, mc's are made to do that.

something about this guy's riding does say reckless and irresponsible, but it's also something we all do everyday. just not as fast. and that is important to remember before we judge this guy or his riding imo. for our own sake :helmet:
Riding is riding
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Obviously this guy is a danger junkie. As stated above by klr6773, yes he could go to some kind of raceway, but where is the "fun" in that. This kind of thing gets him going. Racing through traffic, avoiding near collision's, pushing yourself too limits beyond normal human capacity, yeah this is his Wheaties.

But even after all that, this guy is still a dumb ass. Because he lacks one quality. The ability too differentiate right from wrong, which is what will ultimately kill him. On that day, two new dumb ass'es will be born. :P
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
TVB

Post by TVB »

JHScoot wrote:something about this guy's riding does say reckless and irresponsible, but it's also something we all do everyday. just not as fast. and that is important to remember before we judge this guy or his riding imo. for our own sake :helmet:
Sorry, but that's bullshit. Yes, I take risks every day, but I don't take risks for the sake of taking risks. Either this guy wants to die, or he doesn't believe he can; either way, he's unfit to operate a vehicle on public roads.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

klr6773 wrote:I swear I was waiting for a car to change lanes in front of him....Sorry, legal or not, I can't stand seeing motorcycles split lanes. Definitely a driving pet peeve of mine.
Well, it's a good thing you don't live in CA or the rest of the world for that matter. Filtering moves traffic and reduces congestion. As a motorist it's your responsibility to make safe lane changes and to look out for motorcyclists.

BTW: an R1 can't go 186 mph unless it's heavily modified, which that one wasn't. MC speedos are off so bad that above 45 mph they become worthless. On my 6R, when it says I'm doing 65, I'm doing 57, and it just gets worse the faster I go.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

ericalm wrote:
http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Idiocracy/ ... kid=222336
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
easy

Post by easy »

nobody has the right to put lives in danger like that. If he ever lost controll it's a 500 missil that is alot of energy even broadside he's hurting somebody
what did you trade the day for?
CROSSBOLT

Post by CROSSBOLT »

While dumbass riding like that seems to eventually clean out the gene pool it also usually takes some innocent bystander as well who could be a useful member of society.....

Karl
klr6773

Post by klr6773 »

rsrider wrote:
klr6773 wrote:I swear I was waiting for a car to change lanes in front of him....Sorry, legal or not, I can't stand seeing motorcycles split lanes. Definitely a driving pet peeve of mine.
Well, it's a good thing you don't live in CA or the rest of the world for that matter. Filtering moves traffic and reduces congestion. As a motorist it's your responsibility to make safe lane changes and to look out for motorcyclists.

Yes, I agree I guess it's a good thing I don't live in those places! I don't think I can compare driving in Oregon to say,India or China, as countries with much higher percentages of two wheeled vehicles obviously have different approaches to road rules. "Filtering" sounds like a nice convenient thing to do and I'm sure there is a percentage of riders that do so responsibly in the (few?) states that it's legal. Perhaps because it's illegal in Oregon and as far as I remember, illegal in Jersey, (where I spent most of my life) I simply don't care for the practice.Nothing quite like being stuck in bumper to bumper and all of a sudden a few dbags on sport bikes are shooting down the center of the lanes. It can actually be startling. Yes, it's my responsibility as an automobile driver to be safe, but as I've already learned on my scoot-blind spots hide bikes and motorcycles need to be on the defensive too. Any one of those cars in the video could have changed lanes w/o seeing him..no doubt with an ugly result.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

TVB wrote:
JHScoot wrote:something about this guy's riding does say reckless and irresponsible, but it's also something we all do everyday. just not as fast. and that is important to remember before we judge this guy or his riding imo. for our own sake :helmet:
Sorry, but that's bullshit. Yes, I take risks every day, but I don't take risks for the sake of taking risks. Either this guy wants to die, or he doesn't believe he can; either way, he's unfit to operate a vehicle on public roads.
he is not unfit. he is irresponsible. but this guy is a very good rider. he just needs to slow down

and if he would have slowed down maybe he would have gotten up the road later and gotten hit at an intersection he would not be at IF he kept his speed up? i mean too many variables come into play when riding, much less at this speed. maybe his speed actually saved his ass this day? maybe had he slowed down something would have happened as a result of the delay?

we just don't know, and i can't second guess a guy who rides like this. i certainly cannot. but apparently, he can
Riding is riding
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

JHScoot wrote:.... and even at 60mph he is no less a deadly projectile ....
Not true. The equation (ENERGY = MASS x VELOCITY(squared)) tells us that traveling at 184mph, which is about three times more than 60mph, would result in an impact with Nine times the destructive force. THAT is true, unless you want to argue with Einstein.

This riders actions are far more dangerous to people in cars, vans, SUVs, trucks and other bikes than you realize. He is irresopnsable, and a menace to public safety. The shock alone of having someone buzz by you at that speed could cause a reaction resulting in an accident. I find it disturbing that some of you are defending this person.

Now for the part about "would you like to do that". Um.... kind of, yea. I never would but I understand the rush of a thrill. My better judgment takes over says to me, don't put others in danger.
TVB

Post by TVB »

JHScoot wrote:he is not unfit. he is irresponsible. but this guy is a very good rider. he just needs to slow down
That level of recklessness indicates he is psychologically unfit to operate a motorcycle. He puts other people at risk for his own gratification.
and if he would have slowed down maybe he would have gotten up the road later and gotten hit at an intersection he would not be at IF he kept his speed up? i mean too many variables come into play when riding, much less at this speed. maybe his speed actually saved his ass this day? maybe had he slowed down something would have happened as a result of the delay?
Congratulations on the smelliest pile of sophistry that I've read this month. :roll:
Syd

Post by Syd »

gr8dog wrote:Not true. The equation (ENERGY = MASS x VELOCITY(squared)) tells us that traveling at 184mph, which is about three times more than 60mph, would result in an impact with Nine times the destructive force. THAT is true, unless you want to argue with Einstein
I agree with gr8dog, but I think that's a Newtonian equation ( e=(½m*v²) ). And if someone doesn't trust mathematics be my guest and try this little experiment. Stand in front of a light pole and punch it (put a glove on so you don't get any slivers!). Next, hop in a car, have a good driver drive you past the same light pole at 50mph, and punch it (don't forget your glove!). Come back and tell us which one did the most damage, Ok?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
phatch

Post by phatch »

Is something in the air lately? Between this thread and the Stella Auto thread...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

phatch wrote:Is something in the air lately? Between this thread and the Stella Auto thread...
No kidding! Maybe it's the heat. People aren't out riding enough. Spending too much time on the Internet venting their hot air here.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…