Top case suggestions for light pink buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Maximus53

Top case suggestions for light pink buddy

Post by Maximus53 »

Hi all,
My girlfriend has a light pink buddy and is looking for a top case. We are having trouble finding a matching pink since genuine doesnt make that color any more. I was thinking white or matte black would look good, but dont know which cases look best on the buddy. Givi? Shad?

Any of you buddy owners have any suggestions? Also being a very unstylish fellow, what color top case would you suggest in lieu of pink?

Below is what her scoot looks like.

Thanks,
Max
Attachments
buddy_pink.jpg
buddy_pink.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
gbjbany

Post by gbjbany »

I would think a bla k rack and black box woould match he other black parts , seat etc,

I have just bought to bestem cases for my other bikes they make a smallish box in black and it comes with everything you need to fit it

https://bestemusa.3dcartstores.com/Best ... _1030.html

I have no idea if would fit, but for the cost and quality worth a look
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

I think black would look just fine with that, since it's already got a lot of black on it. However, if she really wants a pink topcase, this site lists them, so maybe they're got them: http://www.athensscooterco.com/eshoppro ... p_Case.htm

That being said, the old Genuine topcases are not known to be of the best quality. As for Givi vs. Shad, cosmetically, I don't think there's a discernible difference between the two. Givi is the higher quality case and costs more in accordance with that quality. I'm cheap, so I have a Shad, which I have been very satisfied with.
Maximus53

Post by Maximus53 »

pdxrita wrote:I think black would look just fine with that, since it's already got a lot of black on it. However, if she really wants a pink topcase, this site lists them, so maybe they're got them: http://www.athensscooterco.com/eshoppro ... p_Case.htm

That being said, the old Genuine topcases are not known to be of the best quality. As for Givi vs. Shad, cosmetically, I don't think there's a discernible difference between the two. Givi is the higher quality case and costs more in accordance with that quality. I'm cheap, so I have a Shad, which I have been very satisfied with.
Which model of Shad did you get?
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Maximus53 wrote:
pdxrita wrote:I think black would look just fine with that, since it's already got a lot of black on it. However, if she really wants a pink topcase, this site lists them, so maybe they're got them: http://www.athensscooterco.com/eshoppro ... p_Case.htm

Which model of Shad did you get?
I have the SH33. Most people get the SH29, but I wanted just a bit more room. If you click on the fuelly link down below you can see what it looks like on my scooter.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

if you want the 29, pm me. I just bought one a week ago, and then WON a 37. both look good on my kymco, but I'm going to leave the color-matched one on the Buddy, even if it is a total piece of crap.
Witch

Post by Witch »

You could always just get the case you like the specs of the best, and paint it. :) That's what I did (though, I don't have an awesome pink Buddy).
Buddymike

Pink Buddy Top Case

Post by Buddymike »

Hi!

SHAD has a pink color matched SH29 top case for your Buddy. Give them a shout. Www.shadusa.com
I have a SH29 on my Buddy, perfect size and fit.
Good luck!
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

Max; I saw that you had messaged me. We are a authorized SHAD dealer and could get you this if you are interested. Let me know what size and such and I will call them for you!
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Are the new Shad color matched ones good?

my prima one is ready for the dumpster after 90 days. I mean, it works, but it's horrible.
Buddymike

SHAD for Buddy

Post by Buddymike »

Yes they are perfect for the Buddy. Didn't you mention you have a SH29 and SH37 SHAD case? Fit and finish is perfect, sturdy easy open close and don't need a key to open it versus other brands. It's removable with one touch I have had no problems with mine. I have seen their color matched tops for a variety of Buddy colors including the International colors. Www.scooterwest.com has a bunch of SHAD color panels for SH29 and 33 I believe. It's definitely the way to go.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Sorry I thought you meant the truly color matched cases like what is advertised at scooterworks.

I haven't had the shad cases long, but they seem very durable and much more water resistant.
Buddymike

SHAD for Buddy

Post by Buddymike »

Yeah, I checked the PRIMA cases by scooterworks and they are real junk. The new ones by Soft are ok, but still not up to par with SHAD. I do not think they are removable like the SHAD cases either. Price and quality wise I highly recommend the SHAD cases, either 29 or 33.