What's in your Buddy's cubby?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Fargo Rollin

What's in your Buddy's cubby?

Post by Fargo Rollin »

I noticed today that my buddy's cubby (for lack of a better word) is quite the catch all. I was wanting to see if anyone else has some funny and random assortment in theirs. Here's a pic of mine:

I have a plastic bag to serve as my seat cover, a pen, chapstick, loose change, tic tacs, and some dill pickle sunflower seeds
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I call it the glove bucket!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
TVB

Post by TVB »

My glove bucket is all about preparedness: it carries a metal bottle of emergency gas, a 3.2-oz bottle of emergency 2T oil, a bungee net, and (when parked) my gloves. The cord for charging my phone typically dangles into it from the 12V outlet.
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

Fresh air and attitude. Now I need to get me some dill pickle sunflower seeds!
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Mine usually carries my Ray-Bans, a car-cup of Orbit spearmint gum, and a water bottle.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

skully93

Post by skully93 »

I have one of the gen-u-bins.

my access card, a water bottle, and some tools fit in there. tools go under.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

My Gen-U-Bin has some candy left over from the St. Patrick's Day parade
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Water bottle, Jolly Ranchers, bungee cords, and pepper spray.
96 Decibel Freaks
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

ericalm wrote:I call it the glove bucket!
yep, gloves. If I'm out riding and haven't collected the mail, it goes in there, and that's about it.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Usually just a disc lock, but a sub from the Jimmy John's and a bag of chips fit quite nicely.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

My disk lock and, at the moment, a wrench because I've been messing with my windshield, which sometimes causes my mirrors to come loose.
DrPlasma

Glove bin

Post by DrPlasma »

I have a gen-u-bin that I love. Travel cup of coffee, pen, notebook, tiny flash light, cheap spare sunglasses.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

my bin is usually empty.
stuff falls out.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Pflower001

Post by Pflower001 »

I usually just have a water bottle (and maybe a snickers bar). Once i stuck my gloves in there as i was putting my helmet on. About 10 minutes into my ride i realized i had forgotten to put them on. At a stoplight i reached down to get them and there was only 1 glove! Damn! Those cost me $70! I backtracked hoping to find it on the road. I saw it getting run over car after car right near my street. Parked & ran and got it when traffic let up. My pretty white glove was a bit dingy and had a scuff on it but the knuckles were still intact. Now that is a great glove! Now i never put anything terribly important (with the snickers bar exception) in it for fear of things bloooowing away :)
phatch

Post by phatch »

Been riding with a Camelbak "eddy" water bottle, the garage door opener, and some hand sanitizer. Knock on wood, nothing's fallen out yet...

PeteH wrote:...but a sub from the Jimmy John's and a bag of chips fit quite nicely.
+1
TVB

Post by TVB »

Pflower001 wrote:I usually just have a water bottle (and maybe a snickers bar). Once i stuck my gloves in there as i was putting my helmet on. About 10 minutes into my ride i realized i had forgotten to put them on. At a stoplight i reached down to get them and there was only 1 glove! Damn! Those cost me $70! I backtracked hoping to find it on the road. I saw it getting run over car after car right near my street. Parked & ran and got it when traffic let up. My pretty white glove was a bit dingy and had a scuff on it but the knuckles were still intact. Now that is a great glove! Now i never put anything terribly important (with the snickers bar exception) in it for fear of things bloooowing away :)
I had a similar incident a couple years ago. I left my gloves in the glove bucket for the short ride from the park next to the Mackinac Bridge to the ferry to Mackinac Island. I parked the scoot and spent the day on the island, not noticing the glove missing when I got back in the evening. I found it a couple blocks away, in the road where it had been run over a few thousand times by passing tourists. It was never the same (color or condition) after that. Since then, the only things that stay in the bucket while riding are things that can be wedged into it so they won't bounce or blow.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Garage door opener (clipped on the inside), cell phone, work badge. Real exciting stuff. All of it goes under the seat, or with me, when I stop somewhere.
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

phone, water bottle, gum keys ect
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Water bottle and a cloth bag...never know when you might need to buy something. :wink:
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." ANNA QUENDLIN. https://www.fuelly.com/driver/heatherb/updated
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

TVB wrote: I found it a couple blocks away, in the road where it had been run over a few thousand times by passing tourists. It was never the same (color or condition) after that.
The fix for this is to stick your other glove out in the same spot for a little while, so they'll match. :lol:
Pflower001

Post by Pflower001 »

pdxrita wrote:
TVB wrote: I found it a couple blocks away, in the road where it had been run over a few thousand times by passing tourists. It was never the same (color or condition) after that.
The fix for this is to stick your other glove out in the same spot for a little while, so they'll match. :lol:

Ba hahahahahahaha!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

michelle_7728 wrote:Garage door opener (clipped on the inside), cell phone
Watch those things though.....

I actually caught my phone as it bounced out a couple years ago. The garage door 'klicker' got caught in one too main rain storms last summer, it fried.... :( Worse is the door opener is all of 25 years old, replacement 'klickers' can not be found.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

Cloth helmet bag, wallet with my permit, insurance, etc, sometimes a drink (either water bottle or coffee), rarely my gloves because I fear losing them. I was riding along one afternoon and came to a light. When I put my foot back on the boards, it slid and I thought I might have stepped in something slick. At the next light, I look down and see that the cloth bag for my helmet had fluttered out and was hanging by the cord and pinned under my foot. So now, I wad it up and jam it as far back into the cubby as I can and put my wallet or cup in with it to help weight it down. I do want a bin! As for my cell and keys, I have my cell in a holder around my neck, which I have started tucking into my bra strap on the shoulder so I can listen to music. I clip my key lanyard to that so the clip doesn't fly up and hit me in the face.
Yorkiemom

cubby contents

Post by Yorkiemom »

In mine, every day: my cable lock, my orange color-matched "dog treat" bag that holds my travel wallet, garage door opener, clip-on LED light, chapstick and cell phone (all that fits perfectly on the left side, larger opening), my tire pressure gauge (as I check that often!), my little Buddy notepad (to track mileage and gas purchase dates) and pen.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

5 pound ham and a side of potatoes :lol:
Riding is riding
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

JHScoot wrote:5 pound ham and a side of potatoes :lol:
:rofl:
Tam Tam

Tom Hagen

Post by Tam Tam »

My phone (not to use it but to charge it)...and a little yellow stuffed duck named Tom Hagen.

Once, while leaving a friend's house, I pulled up to a stop sign as a few raindrops began to fall. Sitting on the grass of the corner house's lawn was a little yellow forlorn stuffed duck toy, looking up at me. It was probably thrown out of a window of a high end SUV I imagined, or some other fate that left him abandoned on the grass. So I leaned over while on the scoot and picked him up and dropped him in the bin.

I love The Godfather 1 and 2 (not the third, though), and on the ride home I kept thinking about when Al Pacino told Diane Keaton how Tom Hagen (Robert Duvall) became a member of the Corleone family -
"When we were kids, my brother Sonny found Tom Hagen playing out in the street...and he had no home, so Sonny brought him home with us, and he's been with us ever since."

When the 'tuff' bikers at work asked me 'So what's with the duck?' I'd reply, "Oh that's Tom Hagen..." and then paraphrase the story to them.
It always gets a grin.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Oparu

Post by Oparu »

I have a Genu-bin. In the cup holder, there's a small cookie tin with a cloth in it. In the rectangular compartment, I have a wrench for fixing the mirrors, a pen, loctite, and a tire pressure gauge.
rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

I got in that bin:

cable with pad lock,
wooden dip stick,
wire,
gloves,
water bottle,
writing pen,
alot of temporary things such as groceries if they fit.

Rick71454
Portland Oregon USA
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

In my Gen-U-Bin is a screwdriver, adjustable crescent wrench, tire gauge, spilled coffee remnants, and old gum.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I usually have water bottle or Contigo Coffee cup, Xina, house keys when I forget to put them away and don't want to stop. Gloves - never. Too worried about loosing them.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
z20k

Post by z20k »

My Gen-U-Bin with nothing in it.. :P
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
amy

Post by amy »

Gen-U-Bin with water bottle, pen, Bubble Yum, phone charger dangling from the 12 volt, Starbucks napkins, a cap to an Odwalla drink . . . need to recycle that . . . and my iPhone arm band, which is a convenient way to attach my phone to the scooter when I need the map app. I wrap it between the mirror and speedo.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

rick71454 wrote:I got in that bin:

cable with pad lock,
wooden dip stick,
wire,
gloves,
water bottle,
writing pen,
alot of temporary things such as groceries if they fit.

Rick71454
Portland Oregon USA
OK....... I'm confused
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello KABarash:

The wooden dip stick is to measure the quantity of gas still left in my gas tank. That is because the gas guage goes all the way to complete empty while there is often at least 30% of the tank full. I would like to sometimes know how much gas is left when the gauge already says empty.

Thanks
Rick71454
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

I think the OP may have wanted to see pics of our glove buckets,since he/she led with one.Its ok if yours is messy,no harm.My camera took a poo poo.

Whats under your seat? Is it :shock:

Tim
Aerosmith, None Other.
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

Oh boy, under the seat? I have my Prima cover, the bag it's supposed to be stored in, a pen, and a magic eraser for those times when I scrape parked cars (it's not destroying the evidence if I leave the car cleaner than I found it)!
jlnoko

Post by jlnoko »

A couple of days ago, two 4-paks of Capital Brewery's Autumnal Fire, my favorite beer on the planet, to be enjoyed after dark when scooting is far less fun for me.
Cpequin

in the glove bin

Post by Cpequin »

I've only been scooting since April, but never underestimate the power of velcro...I've got sticky-back velcro stuck in the bin on the side of the ignition, and my garage door opener tucks in there nicely, quite weather protected. More velcro in the bin near the bottom, and my gloves stick to it with the fuzzy velcro pieces that are already on the gloves. I have one of the double-wall plastic zippy cups with a straw that fits just right. Found out that all the gas stations will allow you to get free ice water whenever...and that's about it. It's Phoenix, so can't keep anything melty like chapstick, even though I slather that on- it stays in my pocket, or there'll be a mess.

In the bin under the seat I keep my cable lock, a cloth Trader Joe's bag, I have a plastic card holder taped in there that holds my insurance card, my work ID, workout clothes, tools that came with the Buddy, wallet.

I bought a white $6 milk crate and a bag of 100 heavy duty cable ties so that if I go up to Prescott or road trip I can secure it to my rear rack. Strong enough to stay, but not permanent. (I don't use it on my regular commute).
KeLynn

Post by KeLynn »

In the cubby is usually just a couple cheap sunglasses and chapstick. I've charged my phone a few times but got paranoid about it falling out on a bump after a water bottle did that, so I pretty much only keep cheap, replaceable stuff in there now!

Under the seat I always have my insurance card, Driducks, snowboard lock (for locking up my jacket when I don't want to carry it) and a cloth grocery bag.
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

I put my rat in there to take her to the vet and back.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

VinylDoctor wrote:I put my rat in there to take her to the vet and back.
OMG VD,that trip would have been perfect video material! I think I can say we all would have loved to see your rat taking a scoot trip.

Next time maybe you can shoot some video for us,yea? :D
Aerosmith, None Other.
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

BuddyLicious wrote:
VinylDoctor wrote:I put my rat in there to take her to the vet and back.
OMG VD,that trip would have been perfect video material! I think I can say we all would have loved to see your rat taking a scoot trip.

Next time maybe you can shoot some video for us,yea? :D
I dont let her ride on top with me, I put a towel in the storage for her. when I let her ride on top we get followed around by birds of prey.

I did see a video of a guy with his cat riding on the scooter once thou.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

dust
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

I wonder if my Bearded Dragons would ride?
That Scooter Guy

Post by That Scooter Guy »

during the Cannonball it was a busy spot

Most days I had a bag of trail mix, a bottle of Gatorade, a roll of Sweet Tarts, a bag of Corn Nuts, my notepad (and pen), and some sunscreen in there.

When we got to San Diego there was an strange sludge of coagulated SPF 15, nuts and grime in the bottom. It was awesome.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Mine?

Bolts, screws and nuts I picked up of the road along the way.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Spiders.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

pcbikedude wrote:Spiders.
rats love spiders. want to rent one?
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

Dragons also love spiders...at least, mine seem to. I'll lend you mine for free! Just gotta come get them.