Olympic ride (from the scoot perspective)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

amy

Olympic ride (from the scoot perspective)

Post by amy »

So, someone in our club found this video from the floor of the stadium today. Unfortunately it is posted on facebook instead of youtube, so you'll have to scroll down the guy's wall to see the video:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.davies.92317121?sk=wall

:D
heyitsomid

Post by heyitsomid »

I came on last night hoping to see something about that olympic ride. That video was really awesome! What an experience that would have been! I think the guy on the bike sums it up pretty good at one point in the video ha
amy

Post by amy »

lol totally! I welled up with happy tears that they got to do that! Wow!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Brilliant! Thanks for posting the link. :D The only thing that could possibly have made it better would have been The Who playing "Get Out and Stay Out" as the scooters were exiting the coliseum.
amy

Post by amy »

jrsjr wrote:Brilliant! Thanks for posting the link. :D The only thing that could possibly have made it better would have been The Who playing "Get Out and Stay Out" as the scooters were exiting the coliseum.
Agreed!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

The ride of a lifetime! Wow. Absolutely brilliant! My head is spinning and I wasn't even there! :mod: :+!: x 1000!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Outstanding that he would think of doing it, and even better that he managed to get it done. Very cool.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
amy

Post by amy »

He just posted a YouTube link:
http://youtu.be/R13Q7eCGaPc

EDIT: viewpoint of another rider.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

That is so cool! I'll bet that was an absolute blast with that huge crowd and all of the excitement. Wow!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Now with this having gotten some media attention, betcha' dollars for donuts the general (US) public still thinks scoots are uncool toys. But even so, there will still be a surge in scoot sales.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Outstanding that he would think of doing it, and even better that he managed to get it done. Very cool.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
TVB

Post by TVB »

I watched that video and couldn't help thinking of all those camera flashes going off, and not doing a bit of good. :(
Jaylinb

Post by Jaylinb »

I saw that too when it came on live. I was jumping with excitement and texted all my buds to "Get thee to a TV!"

What an epic experience!
- If we never do what we've never done, we'll never have what we never did. Do something new!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Wow. I would have paid some serious bucks to be able to participate in that ride. Awesome!
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

I picked that up off Facebook 2 days ago. I would have luved to be there. I didn't get all t he women running around at the end ...did you?
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

Syd

Post by Syd »

I noticed them too. I guessed they were participants in the show who volunteered to ride with the vitage scoots. Notice how all the girls looked pretty young, and most of the vitage owners, well, didn't?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

Syd wrote: Notice how all the girls looked pretty young, and most of the vitage owners, well, didn't?
Just another awesome side effect of riding a scoot, I can barely fight them off! :P
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Once I ran to you,
now I run from you...

-Tainted Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gBWrLhgiX74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ScootsMcGillicuddy

Post by ScootsMcGillicuddy »

Are non stop chills and teary eyes an appropriate reaction to this?! WOW!! That was fantastic!!
amy

Post by amy »

Lokky wrote:
Syd wrote: Notice how all the girls looked pretty young, and most of the vitage owners, well, didn't?
Just another awesome side effect of riding a scoot, I can barely fight them off! :P
I think the girls were part of the show and that's why they hopped off at the end and ran to do something else.

:)
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

oh, perhaps it was a reappearance of the young 'nurses' since it was a 'vintage' expedition. :lol:
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

amy wrote:
Lokky wrote:
I think the girls were part of the show and that's why they hopped off at the end and ran to do something else.

:)
Probably paid models. That's how most of those things work: Throw attractive women on the back to cater to a demographic long enough for the camera
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>