Blackjack Handlebar Vibration Worsening

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

TVB

Post by TVB »

Have you had it looked at by a mechanic? Some vibration is inevitable, but what you describe sounds like more than I experience with mine.
BoneGirl

Re: Handlebar vibrating

Post by BoneGirl »

opie1965 wrote:I recently bought a new 2012 Buddy 125. I've driven 500 miles on it and the vibration in my throttle hand is unbearable after 30 minutes of riding. My hand literally goes numb. I've decided to pay off this scooter and look at getting a 300-500cc Kymco instead with the hopes that the vibration on these larger scooters is balanced out within the bike. I read about this Buddy 125 online for two years before making the purchase so I'm a little disappointed. Great little scooter if it didn't vibrate so much. :(
That vibration is NOT a common problem. I had major issues after thousands of miles and it turned out to be the type of topcase I had!

After having 2 Buddy's and over 85, 000 miles between the two of them, I can testify the handlebar vibration is not normal and you should have a dealer or mechanic look at it.