Does anyone have a motorcycle jack/stand for their scoot?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cpequin

Does anyone have a motorcycle jack/stand for their scoot?

Post by Cpequin »

I'd like to get one, but don't want to do much on overkill. Any particular brand, sturdy, relatively inexpensive? Like, not much over $100? Thanks in advance!
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

I was looking to get one when I initially started working on my own Buddy. What would you be working on that would require one?
Unless you are working on other bikes, I've found that it's not really a requirement.
Unless you have a bad back or something, save your money and get some nice aftermarket toys. KWIM?
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

For me it's a 2x6 plank of wood placed under the engine block :lol:
Cpequin

Post by Cpequin »

well, i don't want to be down on the floor, the garage in the summer is meltingly hot anyway, and the driveway is hotter. You may roll your eyes, but even in the winter i don't want to get too dirty, and i don't want to have an excuse for me not to want to fiddle with my scoot. Yes, I am a baby.
thatvwbusguy

Post by thatvwbusguy »

The motorcycle jack won't lift the scoot up high enough to keep you from crawling around on the ground. Find a nice big piece of cardboard to work on, it will keep you cleaner and will insulate you from hot and cold to some extent. I ask the guys at Lowes if they have any fridge boxes kicking around once in a while to keep my supply well stocked. This way when they get oil, grease etc. on them, I just rotate in a new one and recycle the old one.

If you want to get the scooter to a comfortable height to work on without being on your knees all the time, you will need a motorcycle lift table. Not cheap, but the bling factor is pretty sweet if you have the room and resources.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Jay Brown
Newmarket, NH

Scooter Accessories:
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonhe ... oter-stuff
Cpequin

Post by Cpequin »

Sorry for the late reply! Yeeeah, i don't think my funds will stretch to getting a lift table, and that's okay! Big cardboard it is....or whatever will fit in the MINI... 8)
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

I always wanted something like this:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/ ... Stand.aspx
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Jacks are OK but usually you need to drop the exhaust to use them. You can jack it up high enough to get yourself off the floor but they are not overly steady for major work. I have a Kendon lift in the shop...it's wonderful...but expensive.

Run a search on google or MV and you can find how some people built a table for a reasonable cost.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL