Change seat?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

z20k

Change seat?

Post by z20k »

So this might be a dumb question, but..

My solo seat came and I was just curious if anyone knew of a howto guide to change the seat on a buddy?
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

2 bolts. Lefty Loosey. Righty tighty. Done.
z20k

Post by z20k »

Ah, good to know!
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

Will take you all of 7 minutes. Bolts are right out in the open. :)
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

What are you changing it to?
z20k

Post by z20k »

monamibuddy wrote:2 bolts. Lefty Loosey. Righty tighty. Done.
Do you know what size they are? I just ran to Lowes and bought a set and none of them fit. :?
z20k

Post by z20k »

MYSCTR wrote:What are you changing it to?
Blackjack seat
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Ride your scooter there, take one out in the parking lot, take it in with you, get them to match the thread, get what ever length you need, and you should be good to go.
z20k

Post by z20k »

michelle_7728 wrote:Ride your scooter there, take one out in the parking lot, take it in with you, get them to match the thread, get what ever length you need, and you should be good to go.
If I could get one out, I wouldn't have a problem. :wink:
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Are you using metric?
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

z20k wrote:
michelle_7728 wrote:Ride your scooter there, take one out in the parking lot, take it in with you, get them to match the thread, get what ever length you need, and you should be good to go.
It might be a bit awkward, but if you have a hardware store near by with helpful, knowledgeable, staff, ride your scooter there, and take out the entire seat pan with the seat attached (4 bolts...real quick to take out), take it in with you, and see if they can help you figure out which tool you need. :)

Or wait...is THAT what you can't get the correct size for? Let me go look downstairs...

...a 10mm socket removes all 4 bolts to take the seat pan out, AND the nuts up on the bracket where the seat hinges. Is that the information you were looking for?
z20k

Post by z20k »

michelle_7728 wrote:
z20k wrote:
It might be a bit awkward, but if you have a hardware store near by with helpful, knowledgeable, staff, ride your scooter there, and take out the entire seat pan with the seat attached (4 bolts...real quick to take out), take it in with you, and see if they can help you figure out which tool you need. :)

Or wait...is THAT what you can't get the correct size for? Let me go look downstairs...

...a 10mm socket removes all 4 bolts to take the seat pan out, AND the nuts up on the bracket where the seat hinges. Is that the information you were looking for?
Thank you! :) Yes, the hinge portion is what I needed.
thatvwbusguy

Post by thatvwbusguy »

If you purchased standard SAE (fractional inch) tools, return them and get a set of metric sizes. The rest of the world doesn't care about our antiquated measuring system. A decent 3/8 drive metric socket set and a set of metric Gear Wrenches will be the most useful tools in your arsenal and should be less expensive than one hour of shop labor. It's also good to buy a big hammer to wave at the scooter (for intimidation purposes) when it is being stubborn.

JB
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Jay Brown
Newmarket, NH

Scooter Accessories:
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonhe ... oter-stuff
easy

Post by easy »

10 or 12 mm my scooter dont leave the house without them and philllios screwdriver. Thats good advice on the hammer also cussing and threating will do wonders also just be careful mine likes to get even
what did you trade the day for?
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

My portable scooter toolbox includes a few things:

Socket Wrench: 1/2" & 3/8" drive
Sockets: 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm & sparkplug
Socket extension: 5cm & 10cm 1/2" drive
Open end spanner: 8mm/10mm and 12mm/14mm
Phillips screw driver
Tire inflation kit
Various Bungee cords
Ductape (because you never know)
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

michelle_7728 wrote:
z20k wrote:
Some car part stores also have a toolbox of "sharing" tools for customers to do stuff in the parking lot. They won't have the same selection of bolts as Lowes, but they usually have a lot of automotive/scooter bolts.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death