Saga quest scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

alexpark

Saga quest scooter

Post by alexpark »

Has anyone heard or had experience with Saga Quest scooters http://www.sagacanada.ca/quest-50cc-150 ... ter-sp.asp
Looking to purchase my 1st scooter. Looking at the 150cc model
I believe the scooter is made by Benzhou and imported to Canada by Saga
Attachments
$(KGrHqV,!k0FBR67QW-sBQW3qD096!~~48_20.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!k0FBR67QW-sBQW3qD096!~~48_20.jpg (86.68 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
tortoise

Re: Saga quest scooter

Post by tortoise »

alexpark wrote:Looking to purchase my 1st scooter.
If your criteria includes grocery getting . . a flat floorboard (no hump) is more useful for carrying milk and water jugs. China scooter engine longevity is often related to how hard you run it . . example.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

It's nice looking...
Syd

Post by Syd »

I don't know where Benzhou falls in the list of Mainland factories, but a Benzhou built Schwinn 50 4T was my first ever scoot. It gave me no problems in 1700 miles in one year (just over half a decade ago).
The majority is always sane - Nessus
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

OK... without going into my no-name ChinaScoot rant:

If you can't find a real SERIES of brick and mortar dealers for the bike, odds are you probably don't want it (and it probably won't last)
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

neotrotsky wrote:OK... without going into my no-name ChinaScoot rant:

If you can't find a real SERIES of brick and mortar dealers for the bike, odds are you probably don't want it (and it probably won't last)
And you'll just be another story in the SAGA of sketchy Chinese scooters. :wink:

Bad pun aside, I'm with Neo on this. Longevity and acceptable ROI are generally not strong suits of these bikes. Run like hell if it claims to have ABS brakes.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Move to Canada and you will find those dealers :P
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

I more or less agree with Neo on this fine point. Multiple brick-and-mortar dealers OR one established, known dealership with a (positive) reputation in the local scooter community. I really can't emphasize those qualifiers enough.

if you're buying a scooter of undetermined pedigree, you GOTTA have a good dealer/service support.
neotrotsky

Re: Saga quest scooter

Post by neotrotsky »

alexpark wrote:Has anyone heard or had experience with Saga Quest scooters http://www.sagacanada.ca/quest-50cc-150 ... ter-sp.asp
Looking to purchase my 1st scooter. Looking at the 150cc model
I believe the scooter is made by Benzhou and imported to Canada by Saga
OMG I just saw the pic finally :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy craptastic-chromed-plastic-Vespa-GTS-knockoff Batman!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that just screams China container-ship scooter. I've seen tons of versions of copies of that thing around Phoenix. All usually on the side of the road, on Craigslist listed as a "project" or a "I'm sure it will run with some carb cleaner" or dumped in an alley.

You can do MUCH better.

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I wonder if that brand or model will show up in the states? R
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

still shifting wrote:I wonder if that brand or model will show up in the states? R
I believe it's sold here as a "Volare". I've seen them around for a few years.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Agree....sold in the U.S. as Volare......manufactured by TNG...the distributor is based in Washington state.

Although I rarely see TNG product I have heard they are a respectable product.
The assembly and component quality was good enouph to have me believe they were a product of Tiawan until I read the D.O.T. label indicating a Chinese product.

Rob
alexpark

Great feedback, appreciate the comments.

Post by alexpark »

Great feedback, appreciate the comments.
These scooters are sold at a so called brick-and-mortar dealers throughout Canada. In my province alone there are 11 dealers that sell and service these things.
http://www.sagacanada.ca/dealers2.asp?prov=alb
http://www.sagacanada.ca/ Please have a look and let me know what you think..
A new 150cc as shown in my original post is going for $2600 with a 1year parts only warranty, Available 2year warranty for an extra $300.
How much should one spend on their first scooter?

http://atvedmonton.com/images/SagaQuest ... fault.aspx
http://tuffcitypowersports.com/image-ga ... rs-4t.html
Attachments
$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KftmcBQNSg)5Q(Q~~48_20.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KftmcBQNSg)5Q(Q~~48_20.jpg (100.34 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
717962-6-5.jpg
717962-6-5.jpg (84.07 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
717962-5-5.jpg
717962-5-5.jpg (90.08 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
717962-3-5.jpg
717962-3-5.jpg (112.77 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
717962-2-5.jpg
717962-2-5.jpg (90.71 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
anthony

Re: Great feedback, appreciate the comments.

Post by anthony »

alexpark wrote: A new 150cc as shown in my original post is going for $2600 with a 1year parts only warranty, Available 2year warranty for an extra $300.
How much should one spend on their first scooter?
For that price, I'd spend an extra $100 and get a buddy. or even save $300 and get a Sym Fiddle II. Both good quality, reliable scoots with classic styling and proven track records.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Don't forget the Canadian exchange rate.

two questions - 1. How big are those tires? 2. Please tell me that you will debagde the SAGA logo if you get her?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
alexpark

Where do all these scooters come from? A closer look at OEMs

Post by alexpark »

One bad thing about the Italian and Japanese brands being manufactured in China, Vietnam, and Mexico is consumers begin to think that quality comes&#65279; from the country of origin. It does not. An Aprillia may be manufactured in China, but it's still built to Aprillia's standards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DYLMhbuuAo
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

OK, I'm going to be the voice of not-so-much-reason and say my opinion outright. Take it as you will, and meant with respect to you the original poster:

DO NOT buy this China-clone scooter. It's a cheap ass copy of a Vespa GTS with nothing related to the GTS in the first place. The shop sells a ton of the usual suspects of China-clones and that's not a good sign. Even the shop I bought my Kymco from was getting rid of the Chinese scooters as fast as they could shove them and ripping down the signs in order to hang the new Kymco swag the moment they got their dealer's franchise.

Being associated with TNG is no great thing to brag about either. They are known in the US for selling some pretty crap-tastic Chinese clones themselves.

I know we're supposed to keep an "open mind", but let's be honest with ourselves without being politically correct: No-name Chinese container bikes are junk. This bike falls squarely into "No Name". Can you visit the Saga factory? No, because this is just another rebadged clone from another faceless factory in Mainland China who will probably be cranking out rice cookers or iPod copies in the next month after their contract with this build is done.

I only say this because for the price they are asking, you can get a Kymco CHEAPER, a Buddy for only a little more or buy a used QUALITY bike of any make and come out far ahead financially and on a much better built, better supported and SAFER bike.

Sym, Kymco, Genuine and the like have bikes that can compete to close to that price. I wouldn't trust that thing past 2k miles in my personal opinion.

The ONLY Chinese made bikes that have swayed me were the Vespa 150S and Kymco Agility... but they're made in factories OWNED by the companies and ONLY make scooters. They're hardly Chinese in management and application.

PS.

A GOOD and REPUTABLE company won't charge you for an "extra" warranty. Genuine, Kymco and SYM all come with 2 year unlimited mileage warranties without extra fees. Genuine even comes with roadside assistance!

anthony

Post by anthony »

RoaringTodd wrote:Don't forget the Canadian exchange rate.
Not sure if this was directed to my comment, but $2600 Canadian currently equals $2640 US dollars. Not really a huge difference.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

times have changed - I thought it was higher -
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

alexpark wrote: How much should one spend on their first scooter?
Well I gotta admit, it ain't ugly!
How much do you want to spend on your first scoot? I paid $1600 for a two year old Honda Met 50cc for my son and $2000 for a year old Buddy as our first scoots.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

they got Genuine topcases!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

alexpark wrote:How much should one spend on their first scooter?
Not sure about going prices in Canada, but in the US, it's tough to find a good-quality 125/150cc scooter for under $2200 (new, full MSRP, which doesn't include taxes, registration and other fees), with the better models running higher. $2500+ is more likely.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
cowboyjs

Saga quest scooter

Post by cowboyjs »

i love mine i had 2 so far and maybe going to git a new one soon as well so much power way better then most scooter out there faster and looks very beautiful i payed 2900 for mine 50 cc in brandon mantoba :D 8)
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Ever get that "troll advertising" feeling?
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
LadyLuck13

Response to Saga Quest Inquiry

Post by LadyLuck13 »

I live in Calgary, my boyfriend and myself both own Saga Scooters. He owns the deluxe 50 model and I own the 50 quest model. For those of you who are bashing the Saga brand, I must say that I strongly disagree with what you're saying. Our bikes have been fantastic since the day we purchased them. We have gone on long bike trips with no problems whatsoever. The dealership we bought the bikes from carry all of the parts in the world we could ever need for them. I had dropped my bike and needed new side plastics. I ordered the plastic from the dealership and my order was on my doorstep within 3 days. Saga is a great brand, they never once have given me a reason to think otherwise. I love my Quest, and I'm sure you'd love it too! :D
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Oh look, another poster with less than 5 posts.
And they own 2 of them.
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

And necroposting to boot, both of 'em.

But wait, suddenly I have an urge to check out a SagaScoot -- so their subtle tactics must work! Not.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

It's not as entertaining as the Dongfang scooter site.
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

RoadRambler wrote:And necroposting to boot, both of 'em.

But wait, suddenly I have an urge to check out a SagaScoot -- so their subtle tactics must work! Not.
What is necroposting?

If I were on a computer I would copy their posts into a Google search.

Why would Alexpark come to the Genuine forum to post?
Last edited by brianwheelies on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Identical post on a couple china scoot forums. Word for word.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Copy the post to search and see how many places they posted the exact same thing. The op is using this thread to promote a product, or create awareness for a product. In this case a knockoff chinascoot.
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Brian, necroposting is reviving old threads back from the dead. I figured both ladyluck and cowboy were advertisers/trolls and looks like maybe the op was, too, based on what Stitch found.

And of course they may all be one and the same.
BuddyBliss

Post by BuddyBliss »

Stitch, LOL @ Dongfang scooter site, and interesting how you found those verbatim posts elsewhere.

Bootinscootin, I thought the same thing when I saw this, Hey those look just like the Genuine (easter egg flex to open) top cases!
Suzy
Cheeky Seats
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Oh man, I do love seeing what the cheaper Chinese scooter companies rip off from - in the large picture batch the OP posted, I saw what I'm guessing are a few faux Metropolitans, and then of course those Vespa ripoffs...

Plus, $2600 for a 150cc? I dunno... I know there are some Kymco scoots that sell in that range, but honestly, if you're looking for something in that price range, then get a brand name scooter, and not something that's got a giant logo plastered on the side and is ripped off another scooter's design....

(okay, rant done, I promise!)
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

BuddyBliss wrote:Stitch, LOL @ Dongfang scooter site, and interesting how you found those verbatim posts elsewhere.

Bootinscootin, I thought the same thing when I saw this, Hey those look just like the Genuine (easter egg flex to open) top cases!
Dongfang is a real scooter company. If anyone knows a dealer selling them, I want a decal or badge.

As far as finding the other identical posts , I literally just copied the op's original post, and pasted it into the google search bar. No weird interwebs ninja skills.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Beware!!! Trolls lurk there!!! Re 1 or 2 posts in a year or more? :wink: :wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Locked!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…